more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FST meeting with club next week

Started by MJG, May 27, 2015, 08:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 27, 2015, 10:13:00 AM
It would be interesting to see how season ticket sales are doing compared to this time last year.
Will Mr Khan be attending more games this coming season.
Any chance of throwing in free coach travel for away games
We have spoken about travel,  I don't see the club doing that as a general rule at all. Maybe one offs but highly unlikely.
We will ask about ST but they will tell us the specific numbers you can guarantee that.
They do stress that while Khan is not at the games he is involved on a weekly basis with at least one conference call every Monday and more when required.

MJG

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 27, 2015, 10:35:55 AM
Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 09:15:02 AM
They are dumping the quick pass and will have contactless payments by cc/dc

And are keeping all our outstanding money!!
I doubt it, but you would need to take it up with them.

Roberty

MJG - do you know if all clubs have meetings with fans representatives or are we the lucky ones?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 27, 2015, 10:39:53 AM
I think the lack of transparency is really starting to get on my nerves. Why have they not given kit their backing or got someone in. They are just saying nothing and the rumours and uncertainty continues. I'm not a ST holder but why would I buy a ticket when I don't no who is in charge, don't know when work will start on the riverside (can't be for a full season if they have let people buy tickets in the riverside), no new players in (I know they can only try to get that done). Also highly unlikely we do get promoted next season but if we did are we going to only have three stands while work goes on? (If it ever happens).
The riverside will be open through all the work which is not planned till next summer now, so no reason to do anything about the tickets in that stand.
We will ask about Kit,  but I do have some sympathy with the club here,  he has a contract why do they need to say he's staying?

MJG

I actually like goal music :-)

nose

Quote from: Riversider on May 27, 2015, 11:24:31 AM
I know it will upset the majority of the traditionalists of here! BUT , times are changing , Fulham is Lords on a test match day, whereas most clubs now are The Oval on a 20/20 day and KP is striding out to bat,
By all that I mean "The Package" that Fulham Football Club offers is as dull as dishwater ! Most Clubs , if not all others, include music into the occasion, as does 20/20 , look at Chelsea for instance they hold the monopoly on Ska and Two Tone , and the fans love it , Queens Park Rangers use music and in particular Pig Bag,
Watch an Old Firm game and see how both clubs use music to enhance the day Penny Arcade being played at Ibrox as the teams kick off is magical,
As I say this will upset the majority of the silver surfers on here, but Fulham need to move with the times and the people on pay roll who are responsible for the match day package, need to get themselves along to some T20 games this summer to see how music has opened up a whole new market, and they need to start catering for the 25's and under and stop worrying about the 65's and above !
And all this from a man with grey hair who loves Test Match cricket, but I do realise how far we are behind all the other Club's , and its time for change !

I completely disagree.
Less 'package' and more leave things alone. would be good. I hate the jolly announcer and what the players have on their i-pod... who cares. Music to come out to and after goals is all kids stuff to wind up 6 year olds.
we pay to see a football game and fans create atmosphere if left to their own devices a la euro 96.... what we need is a proper team on the field!

The Enclosurite

Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 01:02:09 PM

I have and they are.  We 'lose' any remaining balance apparently.
¡COYW!

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: nose on May 27, 2015, 01:20:21 PM
I know it will upset the majority of the traditionalists of here! BUT , times are changing , Fulham is Lords on a test match day, whereas most clubs now are The Oval on a 20/20 day and KP is striding out to bat,
By all that I mean "The Package" that Fulham Football Club offers is as dull as dishwater ! Most Clubs , if not all others, include music into the occasion, as does 20/20 , look at Chelsea for instance they hold the monopoly on Ska and Two Tone , and the fans love it , Queens Park Rangers use music and in particular Pig Bag,
Watch an Old Firm game and see how both clubs use music to enhance the day Penny Arcade being played at Ibrox as the teams kick off is magical,
As I say this will upset the majority of the silver surfers on here, but Fulham need to move with the times and the people on pay roll who are responsible for the match day package, need to get themselves along to some T20 games this summer to see how music has opened up a whole new market, and they need to start catering for the 25's and under and stop worrying about the 65's and above !
And all this from a man with grey hair who loves Test Match cricket, but I do realise how far we are behind all the other Club's , and its time for change !

I completely disagree.
Less 'package' and more leave things alone. would be good. I hate the jolly announcer and what the players have on their i-pod... who cares. Music to come out to and after goals is all kids stuff to wind up 6 year olds.
we pay to see a football game and fans create atmosphere if left to their own devices a la euro 96.... what we need is a proper team on the field!

Fulham's got talent style show at half time, bungee jumping from the lights (for a fee) before and after games. Could even do paint balling in the jh stand on none match days. So much restricted view.

Sorry MJG I wouldn't put that to the board.

Pie and mash

Quote from: nose on May 27, 2015, 01:20:21 PM

I completely disagree.

Precisely - Goal music makes up for lack of atmosphere generated by singing (as do drums)

As for cheerleaders and all that other crap - No thanks

phil_magnus

Be interesting to find out if help is on the way for Kit ie with his backroom staff

Pie and mash

Quote from: phil_magnus on May 27, 2015, 02:29:22 PM
Be interesting to find out if help is on the way for Kit ie with his backroom staff

Or a P45

snarks

Actually can we have a "Beat the Badger"  (fnarr, fnarr) competition at half time, either billy playing golf or skipping, keeping goal, something like that.

In all seriousness, I've seen a few things the Jaguars mascot does at games, he's pretty impressive

Burt

Be good to get an update on how the season ticket sales drive has gone.... How many have renewed, how many are new, how many lapsed.

God The Mechanic

How big an impact will a potential overturning/loosening of the FFP regulations (if QPR "win" or at least don't face a huge fine) have on the club's spending on transfers?

What IS this project we hear about so often?  Is it a long term strategy that future managers will have to buy into?  Are we trying to create a "Fulham way" so that when managers leave there are already two/three potential replacements lined up?  Same with players?  Or are we going to face major changes every time a new manager comes in and wants to instill their philosophies on the club?

A lot of comment on the various risks of transfers - what went wrong with Mitroglou then?  Lessons have to have been learnt from it - especially considering how late in the window he signed and how quickly the manager was replaced afterwards.

Considering how poorly the last few years have gone on the pitch - relegation without much of a fight and last season's performances - along with the major managerial changes, how are the club planning on selling itself to potential players to get them to sign?

Is there a plan to develop a relationship with a big continental club in order to loan young players relative regularly?  Obviously not as close as Watford/Granada/Udinese but if we're focusing on getting players with Championship experience (TM) then fostering a relationship where we get good, young players from say top clubs in Italy, Germany or Spain could be hugely beneficial.

How much player turnover should we expect this close season?

MJG

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 27, 2015, 01:49:15 PM

I have and they are.  We 'lose' any remaining balance apparently.
That's poor,  I'll raise it.

H4usuallysitting

Is Mitro coming back, and any news on friendlies and or club tour

Northern Cottager

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 27, 2015, 04:36:07 PM
Is Mitro coming back, and any news on friendlies and or club tour

This isn't a chance to discuss footballing matters. Any problems with urinals, Rollover HotDogs or the path outside the ground...then raise it! ;)

Bill2

Quote from: snarks on May 27, 2015, 09:11:27 AM
The quickpass system they used last year was a bit hit and miss on matchdays, is that to be retained this year? Oh and vegetarian hot food, I tried on several occassions to get a pie, even before games to be told they didn't have any. A minor gripe, but I would really like something more than a curried pie as an option even a veggie hotdog!
Improved food. The cottage pie I had at the end of last season tasted like it had been there since the beginning of the season. The pie I had at Norwich was very good.

MJG

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 27, 2015, 04:36:07 PMIs Mitro coming back, and any news on friendlies and or club tour
He will be back... As to staying that's another issue.
Last meeting they were working out last details of tour and hopefully they will announce before next week's meeting.

Bill2

They did say just before the end of the season that they were scrapping quickpass. The following match I went to use my card and get rid of the credit there weren't and QP terminals at the kiosks. I did advise the Club in no uncertain terms what I thought of them. You could have got a refund for any unused amount over £10, but may have missed cut off date.