watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FST meeting with club next week

Started by MJG, May 27, 2015, 08:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Mike, as you know I live in Spain & on match days listen to GJ giving his live commentary. However for the past couple of seasons the quality of the broadcast has been poor. It keeps cutting out whether on my PC from the Offal or using the App on my Android Tablet or my iPhone. Sometimes we loose the broadcast completely.
In this day communications should not be an issue. I can Skype with Russ & Yannis without a problem so surely a radio commentary should not beyond the Club´s capability.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riversider

Mike, can you clarify exactly what Alastair Macintosh meant in the video posted today, when he said that "We had purchased a section of The Thames"
Firstly, how is that even possible, and secondly what do we intend to do with it and what does it mean for the stand ? Is the back of the stand going to be pushed back ? Is that what was always intended ?

fulhamben

Quote from: Riversider on May 27, 2015, 06:20:29 PM
Mike, can you clarify exactly what Alastair Macintosh meant in the video posted today, when he said that "We had purchased a section of The Thames"
Firstly, how is that even possible, and secondly what do we intend to do with it and what does it mean for the stand ? Is the back of the stand going to be pushed back ? Is that what was always intended ?
yes, it was always the plan to reclaim a section of the thames
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

win-dup

I'll get down there with my metal detector to see if there's anything interesting on the foreshore before they put the pylons in for the new stand. If it ever happens.

manxman

What the clubs stance is on introducing safe standing.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on May 27, 2015, 06:26:53 PM
Quote from: Riversider on May 27, 2015, 06:20:29 PMMike, can you clarify exactly what Alastair Macintosh meant in the video posted today, when he said that "We had purchased a section of The Thames"
That's correct they needed it to allow them to go out into the river. There are environmental things that need to be done before work in that area can happen.
It's been one of the permits/deals I could not mention.
Also when you look at the plans the stand goes a long way back over the river.

MJG

Quote from: manxman on May 27, 2015, 06:48:50 PM
What the clubs stance is on introducing safe standing.
We asked that earlier in the season. They are monitoring the situation and trials going on. But no firm backing or not backing the idea.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 06:51:34 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 27, 2015, 06:26:53 PM
That's correct they needed it to allow them to go out into the river. There are environmental things that need to be done before work in that area can happen.
It's been one of the permits/deals I could not mention.
Also when you look at the plans the stand goes a long way back over the river.
so can we pressume everything is now in place

Riversider

Can you ask if Curbishley is still with the club and if so in what capacity ?
If he has left, can you ask if its the club's intention to strengthen the coaching team to assist Kit.

Can you also ask on what day do the players return to training, and whats the latest on George William, and in which month is he expected to return to full training ,

Many thanks.

fulhamben

can you ask if kit will now be picking his own captain, as i cant see parker starting many if we are serious about top 6

ToodlesMcToot

Mike,

Please convey thanks for the Rigg, Symons, MacIntosh video to those from the club who show up for the FST meeting. As I've stated before, I believe that communications like this have done and will do a world of good within the supporter community. I really believe it when folks call Fulham a family club and that, as such, this kind of effort from the club along with a reciprocating effort from supporters will be essential going forward.

Just a fantastic foot put forward by the club.

I am certain that you planned to do so already but, I just wanted to encourage you.

Thanks.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FulhamStu

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 28, 2015, 07:26:03 PM
Mike,

Please convey thanks for the Rigg, Symons, MacIntosh video to those from the club who show up for the FST meeting. As I've stated before, I believe that communications like this have done and will do a world of good within the supporter community. I really believe it when folks call Fulham a family club and that, as such, this kind of effort from the club along with a reciprocating effort from supporters will be essential going forward.

Just a fantastic foot put forward by the club.

I am certain that you planned to do so already but, I just wanted to encourage you.

Thanks.
I would totally echo this.

Mike, the key question everyone is asking is why keep Kit on as manager when we all saw such little basic improvement from a coaching tactical and technical and even motivational basis.  We know he kept us up from a dreadful start and we understand the feelgood factor he instilled (all extremely important).  However, the lack of basic defending alone suggests Kit is just not the coach we need and add to that many people (incl me) doubt that Kit will attract good enough players.  The minimum required if Kit remains is that we need better coaches to help him.  How do they expect a Manager and Coaching staff with such little experience to get us promoted in such a tough league.

Thanks again for the video, please can we have more, and great news re the development of Craven Cottage.

FulhamStu

Mike to add to the above, (I have just seen a tweet from you saying we should now stop discussing the manager as he is obviously staying).   I understand what you are saying, but still think the club should know that the vast majority (80% in your poll) want Kit replaced.  Having said that, I think its very fair to ask if we are looking to bring in more experienced coaches to help Kit... if only to teach the team how to defend properly.  I think McClaren did this quite succesfully at QPR for a while.  I understand Kits coaching team are those he took from the U21s.  This is a massive jump to Championship level football, I just don't understand how the club can be confident Kit and his team have what it takes, we have seen no evidence of it what so ever on the pitch !!

MJG

Stuart, the coaching setup is on the list to ask about,  and believe me they know the feelings of the fans and the various polls.
My tweet was more of a personal view and I think you know where I stood prior to the video. But we have to get on with where we are. If there is one message to take from  video is that Rigg will try to give Kit the tools to succeed, I think early failures will mean something would be done to change that.

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on May 29, 2015, 10:25:56 AM
Stuart, the coaching setup is on the list to ask about,  and believe me they know the feelings of the fans and the various polls.
My tweet was more of a personal view and I think you know where I stood prior to the video. But we have to get on with where we are. If there is one message to take from  video is that Rigg will try to give Kit the tools to succeed, I think early failures will mean something would be done to change that.
Thanks Mike, I agree.  Not sure if there is anything in the Burton rumour, I would see this as a good move.

Wolf

I see its already been mentioned, but my first thought was 'kick-off time'. I'm in the camp with a strong preference for 8:00 (rather than a desire to get home  a little earlier) as half the time I can't get to midweek matches until 8:00. I was unimpressed with the decision to schedule the Nottingham Forest match for 7:45 at a week's notice.

Midweek day of the week – is it staying Wednesday (my preferred date)?

Would reverting to a hard copy Fultime magazine (and the kids' Halftime) be possible?
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

copthornemike

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 27, 2015, 10:35:55 AM
Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 09:15:02 AM
They are dumping the quick pass and will have contactless payments by cc/dc

And are keeping all our outstanding money!!
Whilst I renewed my Season Tickets I asked about my outstanding Quick Pass account. I was passed onto Customer Services at the club who immediately transferred it to my bank account when I provided the relevant details.
Apparently the use of Quick Pass had declined rapidly (no wonder, the number of working card readers decreased with each match).
So just contact the club and you will get your outstanding maney back sharpish.

WayneKerrins

What was the thought process behind retaining Symons?
Does Khan intend to utilize FFP owner loss headroom or should we infer from Riggs comments that we intend to break even at worst on transfer dealings?

MJG

Quote from: WayneKerrins on May 30, 2015, 12:46:11 AM
Does Khan intend to utilize FFP owner loss headroom or should we infer from Riggs comments that we intend to break even at worst on transfer dealings?
I'd say the first part of the question was answered  in the video,  stability.

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on May 30, 2015, 06:15:57 AM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on May 30, 2015, 12:46:11 AM
I'd say the first part of the question was answered  in the video,  stability.
Yes stability and the fact that they give Kit credit for leeping us up, creating a feelgood factor and want to test him with a decent squad.