Main Menu

FST meeting with club next week

Started by MJG, May 27, 2015, 08:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 30, 2015, 06:21:40 AM
Quote from: MJG on May 30, 2015, 06:15:57 AM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on May 30, 2015, 12:46:11 AM

What was the thought process behind retaining Symons?
Does Khan intend to utilize FFP owner loss headroom or should we infer from Riggs comments that we intend to break even at worst on transfer dealings?
I'd say the first part of the question was answered  in the video,  stability.
Yes stability and the fact that they give Kit credit for leeping us up, creating a feelgood factor and want to test him with a decent squad.
Keeping us up ! We had 39 games left on the day he took over , how can "Keeping us Up " be on his CV ? Total nonsense.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Riversider on May 30, 2015, 06:33:49 AM

Does Khan intend to utilize FFP owner loss headroom or should we infer from Riggs comments that we intend to break even at worst on transfer dealings?
Yes stability and the fact that they give Kit credit for leeping us up, creating a feelgood factor and want to test him with a decent squad.
Keeping us up ! We had 39 games left on the day he took over , how can "Keeping us Up " be on his CV ? Total nonsense.
I am just telling you what they kept him on, Rigg said that no manager in history has kept a team up after 1 point from 7 games.  I would have got rid, but this is what was said in the video... have you seen it ?

MJG

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 30, 2015, 06:39:41 AM

I am just telling you what they kept him on, Rigg said that no manager in history has kept a team up after 1 point from 7 games.  I would have got rid, but this is what was said in the video... have you seen it ?
That's my point,  they have given us the reason and no matter if you think it's good enough or not, he is the manager and that's the thinking behind it.
To be absolutely fair,  if he is the first manager since 86 to keep a team up that only had 1/7 then fair play to him.

fulhamben

i thought they said it hasnt happened since the 70s?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mikestrand

So were keeping a manager based on a stat that basically shows how poor Magath was rather than how good Kit is.
The only thing that Magath got right was getting McCormack he basiclly kept us up, and will probably do the same again next season.

WayneKerrins

Ok so the corollary is they're either confident he can improve as a manager or more of the same is acceptable. As I said not impressed with Riggs.
I didn't hear much to get overly excited about re signings Stu..what did I miss?

Riversider

In the video they released, It was mentioned that improvements were going to be carried out on the Hammersmith End, can it be clarified exactly what they mean by improvements ?

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on May 31, 2015, 08:08:33 PM
In the video they released, It was mentioned that improvements were going to be carried out on the Hammersmith End, can it be clarified exactly what they mean by improvements ?
They are looking at converting some box's into a bar,  and general upgrades of supporters facilities. Nothing with regards extra seats or taking poles down if that's what you had in mind.

Domino 1879

I have one question and that relates to the proposed new stand.
In the 'management video' last week they said work would start next year.  Why wait any longer?
The permits are in place, the area of Thames that is required for piling has been secured and the design is done.  These works in the river should not affect any matchdays and could surely start now.  Last year the club advised that work should start this year. The delay simply adds fuel to the argument that Mr Khan does not really want to spend any money - at least as yet.

Sorry, a second point, I still have problems with phone/internet connectivity in the Jonny Haynes stand.  Intermittent at best - though iot could be partly down to service provider.

MJG

Quote from: Domino 1879 on June 01, 2015, 10:23:19 AM
In the 'management video' last week they said work would start next year.  Why wait any longer?
The permits are in place, the area of Thames that is required for piling has been secured and the design is done.  These works in the river should not affect any matchdays and could surely start now.  Last year the club advised that work should start this year. The delay simply adds fuel to the argument that Mr Khan does not really want to spend any money - at least as yet.

Sorry, a second point, I still have problems with phone/internet connectivity in the Jonny Haynes stand.  Intermittent at best - though iot could be partly down to service provider.
All about the tendering and availability of the companies. Its only at this late stage we have the full ok to go ahaead. And anyone who has looked at the planning will know there is a lot of work that has to be done (and could not be done till now) before we even start any heavy lifting work.

I had problems in the JH stand..went to 4G and all sorted. Its just down to the number using phones and the provider.

We have asked the club to look at stadium wide wifi and while it has a large cost to it, they are considering it.

Domino 1879

Quote from: MJG on June 01, 2015, 10:39:48 AM
Quote from: Domino 1879 on June 01, 2015, 10:23:19 AM
In the 'management video' last week they said work would start next year.  Why wait any longer?
The permits are in place, the area of Thames that is required for piling has been secured and the design is done.  These works in the river should not affect any matchdays and could surely start now.  Last year the club advised that work should start this year. The delay simply adds fuel to the argument that Mr Khan does not really want to spend any money - at least as yet.

Sorry, a second point, I still have problems with phone/internet connectivity in the Jonny Haynes stand.  Intermittent at best - though iot could be partly down to service provider.
All about the tendering and availability of the companies. Its only at this late stage we have the full ok to go ahaead. And anyone who has looked at the planning will know there is a lot of work that has to be done (and could not be done till now) before we even start any heavy lifting work.

I had problems in the JH stand..went to 4G and all sorted. Its just down to the number using phones and the provider.

We have asked the club to look at stadium wide wifi and while it has a large cost to it, they are considering it.

Thanks for the response.  Will look out for signs of  activity early next year.
Appreciate your efforts with FST.

FulhamStu

Quote from: WayneKerrins on May 30, 2015, 09:44:04 AM
Ok so the corollary is they're either confident he can improve as a manager or more of the same is acceptable. As I said not impressed with Riggs.
I didn't hear much to get overly excited about re signings Stu..what did I miss?
No your right, there were no specifics however they talked about spending a lot of time and effort with agents to bring in new players but wanted value.  This echos what Khan said, yes we will spend but want value unlike Mitroglue.  I suspect having got his hands burnt by the Mitroglue fiasco, Khan is a little more cautious that before that.

Craven Mad

I too would want to thank the club for the Rigg/Kit/Ali Mac video. The media team at FFC has been improving steadily over the past few years, but it was really lovely to have some actual transparency from the club.

I don't think anyone is expecting the club to be 100% honest about plans (some confidentiality is necessary in every business), but it's been a tough few years for the fans and it was nice for the club to give us an honest idea of how the decision-makers will attempt to resolve things.

MJG

Quote from: Roberty on May 27, 2015, 01:04:30 PM
MJG - do you know if all clubs have meetings with fans representatives or are we the lucky ones?
I missed this question so sorry about that. We know that many clubs do not have meetings like this, so in one way we are very lucky to have an avenue like this open.

FFC Norway

Anything to report from the meeting?

MJG

Quote from: FFC Norway on June 04, 2015, 09:27:18 AM
Anything to report from the meeting?
As usual I'll not report anything till we post on the FST website and mail members.
But I'll say I was encouraged by the meeting and we met Rigg for about 15 minutes.

FulhamStu

Great - be interested in the response to the coaching question.

ToodlesMcToot

I'll be very interested to know how the club took the feedback from the Rigg, Symons, Mackintosh video and if they plan to continue this kind of communication with their supporters.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 04, 2015, 01:20:05 PM
I'll be very interested to know how the club took the feedback from the Rigg, Symons, Mackintosh video and if they plan to continue this kind of communication with their supporters.
They have been very pleased with the response and Sarah said they will be looking at doing more of these and as 1-2-1's as well.
They did want to stress that Sarah had not gone through the questions beforehand and none of it was scripted.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on June 04, 2015, 01:37:02 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 04, 2015, 01:20:05 PM
They have been very pleased with the response and Sarah said they will be looking at doing more of these and as 1-2-1's as well.
They did want to stress that Sarah had not gone through the questions beforehand and none of it was scripted.
they obviously dont check their twitter account if they were pleased with the response.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.