watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Same problems...

Started by JackyFulham90, May 27, 2015, 11:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I was interested to see our starting team in that away game at Sunderland in our relegation season from the Premier League

Stekelenburg
Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson
Duff       Sidwell    Boateng     Taarabt
                     Kasami
                       Berbatov

Some very good players in that team but it's the same problem with that team as the team that ended our current season in the Championship = LACK OF PACE

Norwich had Redmond & Jerome
Bournemouth had Wilson & Ritchie
Watford had Anya & Deeney.

If we want to get promoted this season obviously we need to stop leaking so many goals but we need to get some pace in the side as it has been our problem for years

alexbishop

how did we get relegated with that team...I mean really...

Agree about lack of pace though although Kasami wasn't slow. And both Riether and Richardson as full backs were pretty quick too.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

snarks

Interesting to compare that team with the one that finished the season. I think it's easy to see how Fulham were relegated then.

Lighthouse

I look at that team and only see a struggling side as I said and moaned and complained at the time. But I think the point about pace is an important one. How long have we been crying out for a couple of decent players who could stretch defences or bring the ball out from defence? After all the rubbish we signed last Summer, a few notable exceptions. Please let us bring in players in the right positions who have a bit of speed about them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

res

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 27, 2015, 11:15:22 AM
I was interested to see our starting team in that away game at Sunderland in our relegation season from the Premier League

Stekelenburg
Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson
Duff       Sidwell    Boateng     Taarabt
                     Kasami
                       Berbatov

Some very good players in that team but it's the same problem with that team as the team that ended our current season in the Championship = LACK OF PACE

Norwich had Redmond & Jerome
Bournemouth had Wilson & Ritchie
Watford had Anya & Deeney.

If we want to get promoted this season obviously we need to stop leaking so many goals but we need to get some pace in the side as it has been our problem for years

We were very lucky to win that 1-0. We had just 5 touches in the Sunderland penalty area and scored from one (Kasami's header from Duff's corner). The win was a false dawn...the performance and style of play shouted out relegation despite the result.