watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There is magic in the boots

Started by WestCountryWhite, May 30, 2015, 09:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestCountryWhite

If you haven't seen Messi's goal in the copa del rey final I suggest finding it!

Hands down the greatest ever over and over he keeps proving it. Take a bow

God The Mechanic

The guy is just a joke.  So very, very good.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 30, 2015, 09:23:20 PM
If you haven't seen Messi's goal in the copa del rey final I suggest finding it!

Hands down the greatest ever over and over he keeps proving it. Take a bow

The truly incredible thing is how often one is able to say that he's done something extraordinary.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Northern Cottager

Unbelievable. What an incredible player.

Southcoastffc

The keeper should have saved it  :022:   (Great goal.  Wonderful player, a privilege to watch him.)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

giggs goal vs arsenal was better. very similar actually
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

A fantastic goal from the greatest of my life time. But I agree with Ben Giggs goals was better.

To be honest it was a great goal but is being exaggerated just like most things he does. No one can argue he is one of the true legends of the game but if Agbonlahor had scored like that for Villa yesterday I dont think it would have got the fuss. I find a lot of things Messi and Ronaldo do are over hyped because its them but they have earned that right through consistent brilliance.

Not really sure where I'm going with this lol but I only watched the goal cos of you guys reaction and I have got to say I was a tad confused by your reaction, Bale scored a better goal against better opposition in the final last year I think? Where he ran the length of the pitch but he isn't Messi so probably forgotten.

For the record I am firmly in the Messi camp in the Ronaldo debate and I possibly expect too much from him
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 31, 2015, 08:08:08 AM
I am not making comparisons, and don't want to start a debate about who was better or not, but I was lucky enough to watch George Best in his prime, and he had to put up with pitches that were mud heaps, and cabbage patches,  and the tackle from behind had not been outlawed in those days, but he still managed to stay in his feet, and he faced defenders who were men, not pussycats wearing gloves, and he still mesmerised opponents and scored some wonderful goals. 

Yes Best never got the protection they get now, along with Celtic's
Jinxy Johnstone who used to get kicked black and blue, and just smirked
when he made the goal or scored it..

Blanco

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 31, 2015, 07:52:15 AM
A fantastic goal from the greatest of my life time. But I agree with Ben Giggs goals was better.

To be honest it was a great goal but is being exaggerated just like most things he does. No one can argue he is one of the true legends of the game but if Agbonlahor had scored like that for Villa yesterday I dont think it would have got the fuss. I find a lot of things Messi and Ronaldo do are over hyped because its them but they have earned that right through consistent brilliance.

Not really sure where I'm going with this lol but I only watched the goal cos of you guys reaction and I have got to say I was a tad confused by your reaction, Bale scored a better goal against better opposition in the final last year I think? Where he ran the length of the pitch but he isn't Messi so probably forgotten.

For the record I am firmly in the Messi camp in the Ronaldo debate and I possibly expect too much from him

A bit of talk about it being the best Spanish Cup goal but I think Bales last year was better and like you said against better opposition. There will always be hype when Messi scores a good goal.

Southcoastffc

I am not making comparisons, and don't want to start a debate about who was better or not, but I was lucky enough to watch George Best in his prime, and he had to put up with pitches that were mud heaps, and cabbage patches,  and the tackle from behind had not been outlawed in those days, but he still managed to stay in his feet, and he faced defenders who were men, not pussycats wearing gloves, and he still mesmerised opponents and scored some wonderful goals. 
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WestCountryWhite

I would agree that Giggs goal is better but as it keeps getting voted the best fa cup goal of all time I'm not surprised. Messi has 10-15 goals of this quality and Agbonlahor couldn't score a goal like this and that's the point.

Don't agree that bales was better all he did was knock the ball down the line and use his pace to beat a very slow mark bartra where Messi took on four including 3 at once

Blanco

Oh is that all he did? He'd been running at that pace all game yet still had the energy and hunger to blast round the defender after being barged off the pitch keep going and find the composure to finish. Brilliant goal. Atletics defense was very poor last night.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Blanco on May 31, 2015, 12:05:05 PM
Oh is that all he did? He'd been running at that pace all game yet still had the energy and hunger to blast round the defender after being barged off the pitch keep going and find the composure to finish. Brilliant goal. Atletics defense was very poor last night.

Athletically, Bale's goal was fantastic and there can be no argument about that.  But what Messi did last night was technically on another level.

As for if it had been Agbonlahor - other than the fact that he couldn't do it, it's the frequency with which Messi DOES do these sort of dribbles that makes it so ridiculous.  This sort of thing almost becomes expected, as dannyboi said too much is expected from both him and Ronaldo - either/or will have a "poor" season every year yet at the same time they will win a trophy, score well over 50 goals or generally be about 30% better than the third best player in the world who gets insane amounts of praise for their performances.

None of the above is to suggest that there isn't ridiculous hyperbole though.  Sometimes it's almost impossible to watch Barca games with Sky's commentary on - simple six yard passes are drooled all over half the time - but the praise for this goal is well justified in my opinion.

WestCountryWhite

Sorry don't rate Bale very highly he has bags of pace  and a very good left foot. A good player but not in the top 10 in the world for me

cmg

....if Agbonlahor had scored like that for Villa yesterday I dont think it would have got the fuss.

Absolutely true. If Agbonlahor had scored it there would have been no fuss. Everyone who saw it would have died of shock.

WestCountryWhite

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've got to agree, George best was a better player.
Very few players around now days like this 'wall of hardmen'  Norman Hunter, Ron Yeats, Billy Bremner, Chopper Harris, Vinnie Jones, Dave Mackay, Tommy Smith, Nobby Stiles or Phsyco

Number 6 on the montage is (I think) a better goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp7cTlvHgUQ

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Blanco

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 31, 2015, 12:59:59 PM
Quote from: Blanco on May 31, 2015, 12:05:05 PM

Athletically, Bale's goal was fantastic and there can be no argument about that.  But what Messi did last night was technically on another level.

As for if it had been Agbonlahor - other than the fact that he couldn't do it, it's the frequency with which Messi DOES do these sort of dribbles that makes it so ridiculous.  This sort of thing almost becomes expected, as dannyboi said too much is expected from both him and Ronaldo - either/or will have a "poor" season every year yet at the same time they will win a trophy, score well over 50 goals or generally be about 30% better than the third best player in the world who gets insane amounts of praise for their performances.

None of the above is to suggest that there isn't ridiculous hyperbole though.  Sometimes it's almost impossible to watch Barca games with Sky's commentary on - simple six yard passes are drooled all over half the time - but the praise for this goal is well justified in my opinion.

I try and avoid barsa games when I can but yes the obsession and admiration over simple short passing is irritating as hell. I will watch the champions league final and as its on itv they won't be so bad hopefully.

Blanco

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 31, 2015, 01:02:32 PM
Sorry don't rate Bale very highly he has bags of pace  and a very good left foot. A good player but not in the top 10 in the world for me

On last seasons performance he was easily in top ten. Not this season though.