Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 31, 2015, 08:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

So for a match day thread this is pretty sparse on information

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ffc2004

Southcoastffc

It's like Hamburg all over again.  Let's hope for a better result (and an easier journey home). COYFoF!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Holders

What colour's the goalkeeper's kit?

Nero

18stepsup

Burt

Looking forwards to seeing the two minute highlights on YouTube  049:gif

Holders

What do you think of it so far, Sean?

ffc2004

I'll leave the post-tournament update to Danny, but well played lads. I'm shattered, and have a nice couple of war wounds.

ffc2004

I ache horrifically today, work will be fun.

dannyboi-ffc

Ok here we go. First of all I just want to say that despite the disappointment of the results I had a great day meeting some top blokes and making some new fulham friends which is what it was mainly about.

The tournament was a bit of a shambles, so many teams were no shows meaning it was reshuffled into 4 groups of 3. You played both teams once and the top two made the quarter finals. The bottom team from each group however didnt go home, those 4 played in what the organiser called the europa league which ridiculously the winner won a trophy and medals.

In our first game we played against Barcelona and they were literally like Barcelona. They were a team that play in 3 leagues a week there according to the ref and were super fit. They battered us 15-2 with rweller86 and ffc2004 bagging our goals. That sounds terrible but they also beat the other team in our group 13-1 so that puts it into perspective. I think they went onto win it but they were defo in the final when we left

So next game was winner takes all and in the end it was decided on fitness. Our lack of fitness proved costly as they werent better than us, we just struggled to track back when losing the ball a bit like a team of Matthew Briggs. So we lost that one 5-2 with rweller86 and joseffc getting on the score sheet.

So we were knocked out and into the europa league which is why riether posted into the semi's. I think it was pretty clear we would have gone through if the fixtures were different. If we had played the average team first when we were fresh then we wouldve beaten them but after being run ragged by Barcelona whilst the average team got a rest we just couldnt recover, there was only 2 mins before we had to play again.

So into the europa we go and the semi final was our first triumph! The other team had had enough and went home meaning we got a buy through to the europa league final (sound familiar).

So in the final we go 3-0 down and with 4 minutes to go we manage to get it back to 3-2 with goals from ffc2004 and jose. I hold my hands up, with a minute to go I turned someone and was through one and one but fluffed it and it was probably our best chance to equalise. We also lost the keeper for the last 5 minutes after the ball hit him in the face proper hard. He was ok Im pleased to say which is the main thing. In the end we were playing at walking pace as our fitness just wasnt there, the other team were around 18/19 so again thats what the difference was.

So we may have came home like big losers to some people but I felt we were the biggest winners on the night. It sounds cheesy but I came home with 6 more friends than I went with and had a great time. Some stormed off at the end and seemed to fail to understand that but we were never going to be an instant success. After all we literally were 7 strangers  

With more fitness I think next time will be a lot better and this has highlighted to me just how unfit I am. I cant move right now lol. So I'm determined to make myself fit again and next time that one on one at the end will end a lot differently in my opinion.

Sorry to let ya down guys but your used to that with the first team lol.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ffc2004

I scored vs Barca, and nearly killed the keeper in the other one! Were you really watching ha

dannyboi-ffc

Who scored vs barca then? I missed the first goal warming up

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

ffc2004

I got that one, rweller with the other

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 01, 2015, 08:16:26 AM
Ok here we go. First of all I just want to say that despite the disappoint of the results I had a great day meeting some top blokes and making some new fulham friends which is what it was mainly about.

The tournament was a bit of a shambles, so many teams were no shows meaning it was reshuffled into 4 groups of 3. You played both teams once and the top two made the quarter finals. The bottom team from each group however didnt go home, those 4 played in what the organiser called the europa league which ridiculously the winner won a trophy and medals.

In our first game we played against Barcelona and they were literally like Barcelona. They were a team that play in 3 leagues a week there according to the ref and were super fit. They battered us 15-2 with rweller86 and Jonaldinho bagging our goals. That sounds terrible but they also beat the other team in our group 13-1 so that puts it into perspective. I think they went onto win it but they were defo in the final when we left

So next game was winner takes all and in the end it was decided on fitness. Our lack of fitness proved costly as they werent better than us, we just struggled to track back when losing the ball a bit like a team of Matthew Briggs. So we lost that one 5-2 with ffc2004 and joseffc getting on the score sheet.

So we were knocked out and into the europa league which is why riether posted into the semi's. I think it was pretty clear we would have gone through if the fixtures were different. If we had played the average team first when we were fresh then we wouldve beaten them but after being run ragged by Barcelona whilst the average team got a rest we just couldnt recover, there was only 2 mins before we had to play again.

So into the europa we go and the semi final was our first triumph! The other team had had enough and went home meaning we got a buy through to the europa league final (sound familiar).

So in the final we go 3-0 down and with 4 minutes to go we manage to get it back to 3-2 with goals from ffc2004 and jose. I hold my hands up, with a minute to go I turned someone and was through one and one but fluffed it and it was probably our best chance to equalise. We also lost the keeper for the last 5 minutes after the ball hit him in the face proper hard. He was ok Im pleased to say which is the main thing. In the end we were playing at walking pace as our fitness just wasnt there, the other team were around 18/19 so again thats what the difference was.

So we may have came home like big losers to some people but I felt we were the biggest winners on the night. It sounds cheesy but I came home with 6 more friends than I went with and had a great time. Some stormed off at the end and seemed to fail to understand that but we were never going to be an instant success. After all we literally were 7 strangers 

With more fitness I think next time will be a lot better and this has highlighted to me just how unfit I am. I cant move right now lol. So I'm determined to make myself fit again and next time that one on one at the end will end a lot differently in my opinion.

Sorry to let ya down guys but your used to that with the first team lol.

they always do a losers cup in these things, just to keep the day going. and unfortunately you always get teams with the odd semi pro players in it. for next time ill make myself available for selection and try and get a game against my lot aswell to get everyone up to speed
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

rweller86

I got two goals, on in the first game and one in the second!

Cheers Danny for organising it, had a great day despite feeling it today! Great to meet everyone, bring on the next one!
@rweller

ffc2004

Quote from: rweller86 on June 01, 2015, 09:01:55 AM
I got two goals, on in the first game and one in the second!

Cheers Danny for organising it, had a great day despite feeling it today! Great to meet everyone, bring on the next one!

Joint top scorers, I'll take that!