more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Naughty Tunnicliffe

Started by J.Perkins, May 25, 2015, 10:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on May 26, 2015, 02:25:42 PM
Tunnicliffe should be released immediately. What an absolute disgrace he is, not only to himself, but also dragging the clubs name down with him, idiot.

I think the words "over reaction" applies here
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

snarks

Ahh well another reason why I don't follow any footballers on twitter.

Nick Bateman

Wouldn't like to choose sides but I would rather have Patrick Bamford (even though he is a 'diver') in Fulham's ranks than young Tunnicliffe.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 26, 2015, 04:47:17 PM
I am missing something?

This seems a major overreaction to a slightly insensitive, but innocently made, comment made by a young lad to a friend (I imagine).

Surely most here have called someone a "silly sausage" before? I've said that and never meant it as a derogatory slur.

We live in the age of the offended...  090.gif

I think its slightly different when it comes from a footballer representing our club and saying out so publicly. Or are slurs about sexuality fine in your book?
FTID

Craven Mad

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on May 27, 2015, 06:17:17 AM
I am missing something?

This seems a major overreaction to a slightly insensitive, but innocently made, comment made by a young lad to a friend (I imagine).

Surely most here have called someone a "silly sausage" before? I've said that and never meant it as a derogatory slur.

I think its slightly different when it comes from a footballer representing our club and saying out so publicly. Or are slurs about sexuality fine in your book?

Don't be so ridiculous. Of course derogatory slurs aren't ok. My point is that this simply wasn't a homophobic slur and certainly wasn't meant as one.

As for "footballer representing our club", it was a message to a friend on social media and he never wrote "love from everyone at FFC" etc.

Well done though, you've whipped up a storm in a teacup..

Anyway, this is now a non-story; he's deleted the tweet. 

MJG

It's all over the, top, but have no doubt it is an homophobic comment.

leonffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 27, 2015, 07:53:05 AM
I am missing something?

Don't be so ridiculous. Of course derogatory slurs aren't ok. My point is that this simply wasn't a homophobic slur and certainly wasn't meant as one.

I'm not so sure. If he simply meant 'cock' why not just write that, 'Dick' to save on characters, rather than throw in a slang term for what I'd translate as a gay fella.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping on the PC train here. I couldn't give a monkeys but it doesn't look good on social media with all the hysteria that follows this type of thing these days. I mean, look at Robert Huth?! What he got fined £20000 for was ridiculous but the FA love to flex their muscles on this type of thing.

And him deleting it doesn't make it a non story. There will be plenty of retweets or screen shots  they can get hold of. If anything, some could say deleting it makes him look guilty.

Anyway, as I say, I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone, whether it's banter or spiteful, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But the FA.....

Craven Mad

Quote from: leonffc on May 27, 2015, 08:19:14 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on May 27, 2015, 07:53:05 AM
I am missing something?

I'm not so sure. If he simply meant 'cock' why not just write that, 'Dick' to save on characters, rather than throw in a slang term for what I'd translate as a gay fella.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping on the PC train here. I couldn't give a monkeys but it doesn't look good on social media with all the hysteria that follows this type of thing these days. I mean, look at Robert Huth?! What he got fined £20000 for was ridiculous but the FA love to flex their muscles on this type of thing.

And him deleting it doesn't make it a non story. There will be plenty of retweets or screen shots  they can get hold of. If anything, some could say deleting it makes him look guilty.

Anyway, as I say, I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone, whether it's banter or spiteful, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But the FA.....

Fair points. I hadn't thought of it like that.

I gotta say that I think that any calls for him to be released by the club are absurd, but a fine to make the lad realise that what you say on social media has consequences may not be the end of the world.

Beamer

'A bit of banter between mates', er does the term social media mean anything to them. Sending a note out like this is always going to cause a few people to be shocked/offended etc. Footballers represent a large cross section of the public in general - some are intelligent, thoughtful individuals right across the spectrum to those who shouldn't be allowed out on their own for their own well being. Up to everyone to decide where Mr.T falls in that spectrum but it might be nice if he spent a little time summer reflecting on his own season which was not exactly startling. 

Craven Mad

I might not have thought this was a big deal, but looks like the FA did:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/05/fa-charge-tunnicliffe

Oh dear, oh dear...

J.Perkins

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 05, 2015, 04:13:54 PM
I might not have thought this was a big deal, but looks like the FA did:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/05/fa-charge-tunnicliffe

Oh dear, oh dear...

This is actually quite funny. He said he could afford what ever fine they will give him, and now he will have to.

leonffc

The question is, why did it take them so long?
They charged Jack Wilshire almost immediately for pretty much nothing.
Has Bamford or someone made a complaint that was then investigated or is Tunny just lower profile? Seems odd to me.

Jamie88

He deserved it for being such a moron with his tweets. It wasn't just the original tweet, it was all the cocky replies that made me change my opinion of him.

Berserker

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 05, 2015, 05:53:47 PMHe deserved it for being such a moron with his tweets. It wasn't just the original tweet, it was all the cocky replies that made me change my opinion of him.
Agree.  The Kick it out campaign is to stop fans abusing other fans and footballers on the pitch, not much of a role model is it if a footballer actually makes abusive remarks publically himself
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bobbo

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 26, 2015, 12:46:34 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 25, 2015, 11:55:35 PM
I am told by a very intelligent person I know, who has bags of common sense. That Twitter is for Twits, and use it at your peril, it's for people who have nothing better to do. I have never used it, and I have no desire to either. 
Apparently that brains of a Rocking Horse Oaf, Stan Collymore uses it quite a lot, which is another good reason to stay well clear of it.
I prefer to use Smoke Signals, it's never let me down yet, and I don't even smoke either. It's a shocking habit, Stumps your Growth, also ages you.

I use Twitter a lot. I am studying for a degree in Physics. Am I a twit?
pzc absolutely with you there I use it also but infrequently , it's great for getting halftime and full time scores on my old club in the southern league.
Unusual for you woolly , bit of a broad statement when you don't use it
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Shredhead

Quote from: Berserker on June 05, 2015, 07:42:57 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on June 05, 2015, 05:53:47 PMHe deserved it for being such a moron with his tweets. It wasn't just the original tweet, it was all the cocky replies that made me change my opinion of him.
Agree.  The Kick it out campaign is to stop fans abusing other fans and footballers on the pitch, not much of a role model is it if a footballer actually makes abusive remarks publically himself
+1
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Blanco

Quote from: Berserker on May 25, 2015, 10:36:11 PM
Thought it was best not to actually repeat his tweet verbatim so I've edited it. There could be legal implications otherwise

Are you serious? Haha

This is a football forum. A random comment repeating something said by a football fan won't get anyone in trouble.

callumc513

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 05, 2015, 05:53:47 PM
He deserved it for being such a moron with his tweets. It wasn't just the original tweet, it was all the cocky replies that made me change my opinion of him.

Really disappointed with him, to be honest.