watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-celebs

Started by bog, June 09, 2015, 03:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Met Nursie from Blackadder at the Ram Cider House in Godalming...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on June 10, 2015, 09:11:55 PM
Woolly Mammoth. Thanks for that. My wife is a big fan of both her and Burton. So good to hear that. Easy for her, after having such a pushy mother, to have lost sight of the real world. Did you know that Burton could recite some plays backwards?! 

As for Peter Osgood, one of the naturally gifted who were ignored internationally for the more coldly efficient. He was a late starter and was going to become a bricklayer I seem to recall from his book.
Will never forget that headed goal in the 1970 FA cup replay at Old Trafford
Thanks for that Woolly   

092.gif 

Bog, I can well believe that about Richard Burton reciting plays backwoods, he was a genius as an actor, and I always enjoy films that Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton are in.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ron Sheepskin

Met Chris Evans in the loo of a restaurant. Twice. I've only been to the restaurant twice. Started to wonder if he was one of those blokes who hands you a towel, then expects a tip.

Also met Sebastian Coe in a pub called "I am the Only Running Footman" many years ago, which just seemed appropriate.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

malcbridger

Met Nigel Benn about ten years ago at Heathrow. I was off to Belgrade and he was off dj'ing in Spain. Very nice guy, chatted for half an hour about the Eubank fights and other boxing triv. Good company.

Burt

Bert Weedon. Perfect gent. Same surname, but no relation. But he is to blame for the fact that most of the male members of my family are called "Bert" (or "Burt").

blingo

I've met quite a few famous people, one of the nicest being Judith Chalmers. The most arrogant? Edward Woodward without a shadow of a doubt. A guy I know met George Michael in the toilets lol.

love4ffc

Was talking to the misses the other night about the hand shaking thread.  She reminded me that a year ago when we were in Telluride Colorado for skiing we met Dennis Quaid out of the blue.   We were at a Thai restaurant and he was seated next to us for dinner.  No one else in the restaurant recognized him except for me.  I tried not to make a big deal of it and just politely said hello.  He in turn said hello and turned out to be a very nice guy.  We talked for about 5 minutes about the local skiing conditions and our favorite places to go skiing.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Barrett487

I went to school with Simon Le Bon. Also met Elton John, he dropped in to play at a school xmas party, as he was an 'old boy' (same school).

I've met Richard Pitman a few times as he's my mum's cousin.

My cousin was an actor and married Karen Drury (Brookside) in Italy. There were a few celebs there and it was covered by 'Hello' magazine.

Holders

Quote from: love4ffc on June 11, 2015, 05:42:25 PM
Was talking to the misses the other night about the hand shaking thread.  She reminded me that a year ago when we were in Telluride Colorado for skiing we met Dennis Quaid out of the blue.   We were at a Thai restaurant and he was seated next to us for dinner.  No one else in the restaurant recognized him except for me.  I tried not to make a big deal of it and just politely said hello.  He in turn said hello and turned out to be a very nice guy.  We talked for about 5 minutes about the local skiing conditions and our favorite places to go skiing.

I met Franz Klammer in Kitzbuhel (in summer!).

Woolly Mammoth

I once kicked sand in Tony Blairs face on a beach in Sardinia if that counts.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

That certainly deserves a handshake.