Main Menu

Come on England Ladies

Started by mikestrand, June 09, 2015, 06:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Blanco on June 10, 2015, 10:20:23 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 10, 2015, 10:15:48 AM
Quote from: Blanco on June 10, 2015, 10:10:56 AM
I just don't like women playing football. Sorry.

Are there other sports you just don't like Women playing? If so is there any particular reason?

Not really. Rugby I guess. Don't really follow it though so I guess it doesn't affect me. There is something about football that bothers me. It is probably wrong but I can't help but have my opinion.

Not at all. Thanks for your honesty. I tend to look at Womens football as a different type of game as the mens. Same as with tennis which I love. But I have no problem at all in enjoying them both but not comparing. But if you don't like it, you don't like it. Nothing wrong with an honest opinion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

win-dup

It's is of course right  and good that women play any sport they want to. But there is no comparison whatsoever with men's sport and never can be due to the difference in physical strength.

For some in the women's game to complain of lack of money/wages/sponsors/backers/crowds is ludicrous. When women's sport is as physical and exciting as men's, then you would have a case but it ain't going to happen. Women's football to me is, in terms of a spectacle,  slow,boring and deeply uninteresting.

The one exception for me in sport personally is women's golf, which is played at a level that a hacker like me can only dream of, and is graceful beyond belief - and yes the Asian women golfers are particularly attractive which doesn't hurt but it's the level of their wonderful skills that I watch it for.

CorkCity

I know women's football has a fair share of knockers, but I like it.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Fulham1959

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 10, 2015, 10:31:07 AM
Quote from: Blanco on June 10, 2015, 10:20:23 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 10, 2015, 10:15:48 AM
Quote from: Blanco on June 10, 2015, 10:10:56 AM
I just don't like women playing football. Sorry.

Are there other sports you just don't like Women playing? If so is there any particular reason?

Not really. Rugby I guess. Don't really follow it though so I guess it doesn't affect me. There is something about football that bothers me. It is probably wrong but I can't help but have my opinion.

Not at all. Thanks for your honesty. I tend to look at Womens football as a different type of game as the mens. Same as with tennis which I love. But I have no problem at all in enjoying them both but not comparing. But if you don't like it, you don't like it. Nothing wrong with an honest opinion.

Very well put, Lighthouse.  I'm of the same opinion.  There are a lot of intelligent, skilful players in women's football.