Started by Wearethewhites, June 10, 2015, 12:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: leonffc on June 10, 2015, 06:58:19 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 10, 2015, 05:28:34 PM
Quote from: snarks on June 10, 2015, 05:16:46 PM
Quote from: nose on June 10, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
richards?
what a disaster if we sign him. it means we are aiming fior a bottom 6 finish again.
sub standard, injury prone, what a dreadful fall from grace for our team in such ashort time.
the management need to be removed in their entirety if this is the best they can do!!!

if true i have no confidence in our survival next season

i do not think i can manage to dress up my iritation in any more ways.... of course if it isn't true then that is another matter.

I don't think Fulham have had a decent right back since Pantsil, I can't support your decline theorem unless you are linking it back to then.

Pantsil was anything but decent. A fans favorite who mumbled his way through a Fulham career, every kick went out. However, he wasn't to bad with good players in front of him. Maybe the same for Richards if we sort the midfield out.

Finally someone that watched the same games as I did.
Pantsil pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes with his post match lap of honour. It was almost like he was apologising on his way round and people easily forgave him because he had character.

Anyway, Paul Stalteri was the last good RB. He really impressed me in his loan spell.

OK agree that Stalteri was good, Pantsil was good at what he was asked to do, which was effective in the system. Since him the team has been searching for someone to make the position his own. I was never a Reither fan, he was always quick to get up the pitch and slow to get back, Hoogs last season wasn't good enough and Grimmer and Richards were both adequate but no more.

alexbishop

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on June 11, 2015, 08:51:16 AM
Compare our squad at the start of the season to Jazz.

Right back was either Hoogland, Zverotic or Voser. Richards is a better RB than all of those. At this point, Grimmer was out on loan in DIVISION TWO (my point being that whilst he is decent, he is still hugely inexperienced and needs someone like Richards to act as a challenge at RB in the first team).

Yes but Voser and Hoogland were meant to have been from fairly decent pedigree with Voser having champions league experience (I think). The fact that they were massive failures in their time here is a different matter. Are they both not still on our books though?!
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

mikestrand

I could understand though didn't agree with keeping Kit for the sake of stability, but the team really needs a major revamp to have any chance of a top six place.

Pluto

Such an underwelming signing. Richards is average is no upgrade on Grimmer. £500k is a rip off for him to be honest considering he has no future at Swansea, is unlikely to improve and they want him off the books.

Rudolph

Quote from: Pluto on June 11, 2015, 02:29:16 PM
Such an underwelming signing. Richards is average is no upgrade on Grimmer. £500k is a rip off for him to be honest considering he has no future at Swansea, is unlikely to improve and they want him off the books.

I totally agree, he adds nothing to an already mediocre squad.