more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff 19.06.15

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 19, 2015, 01:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Double Deal Sealed

Fulham have confirmed the signings of Ben Pringle and Andy Lonergan on free transfers.

The pair will officially become Fulham players when their respective contracts with Rotherham United and Bolton Wanderers expire on Wednesday 1st July.

Left-footed midfielder Pringle and goalkeeper Lonergan will both pen two-year deals with a one-year Club option that will keep them in SW6 until at least 2017.

Born in Newcastle, Pringle was a product of the famous Wallsend Boys Club, before spending time on the books of West Bromwich Albion. He made a name for himself at non-League level with Ilkeston Town, before joining Derby County in July 2009.

Pringle made 20 league appearances for the Rams during a two-year stint, before leaving for Rotherham on a free transfer in June 2011.

During his time with the Millers, Pringle hit 19 goals in 146 league appearances, twice tasting promotion with the Yorkshire side.

Last season, the 26-year-old played 43 times in all competitions, scoring three goals. He started both games against Fulham.

Pringle told the official website: "I'm buzzing. As soon as I knew that there was interest from Fulham I wanted to come here straight away. You just have to look at the size of the Club and where they've been in the past – hopefully we can get there again before too long.

"I like to think I'll bring energy to the team. I try to make things happen, I can cross a ball okay and try to get in little pockets."

Born in Preston, 31-year-old Lonergan began his career with his hometown club. Handed his debut as a 16-year-old by David Moyes in 2000, Lonergan went on to play more than 200 times for the Lancashire outfit, taking in loan spells at Darlington, Blackpool, Wycombe Wanderers and Swindon Town during that time. He twice won Preston's Fans Player of the Year and also scooped a Player's Player of the Year gong.

In 2011, he spent a season with Leeds United, making 35 appearances, before joining Bolton where he played 51 times in the league in a three-year stay.

Following his move to SW6, Lonergan told www.fulhamfc.com: "I'm delighted to get it all sorted. I'm happy to be here and I can't wait to get started. It's a very well respected, historic Cub and it's a place where everyone would like to play. We have a lot of potential to hopfully get back to where the Club belongs."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/19/double-deal-sealed

Friendsoffulham

Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta sent off for horror stamp during Venezuela v Peru Copa America clash

The Copa America has witnessed its latest red card.

Sadly the dismissal is not as outrageous as when Brazilian ace Neymar received his marching orders earlier in the competition for kicking the ball at one player and then headbutting another, but the offence is just as ridiculous.

The culprit was Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta, who was sent for an early bath when stamping on opponent Paulo Guerrero during Venezuela's game with Peru.

Amorebieta's reaction to the decision is just as criminal, although he did later take responsibility for Venezuela's narrow 1-0 defeat.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/19/fulham-defender-fernando-amorebieta-sent-off-for-horror-stamp-during-venezuela-v-peru-copa-america-clash-5253768/#ixzz3dVoleshw

Friendsoffulham

Fulham youngster flattered by Everton interest

Dembele loving life at Fulham but keen to make the right career choice

Moussa Dembele has declared he is 'flattered' by interest from Premier League side Everton.

The Fulham forward recently that he is considering his future at the club, who finished 17th in the Championship after being relegated the year before.

And the French U19 International has made it clear that interest by his suitors has been welcomed.

"I'm very flattered by the interest from top level clubs. I always want to improve, but I love Fulham and I respect Fulham, so I work hard to do my best," the 18 year old said.

"I'm very good at Fulham. I know everyone and I'm going to take my time to make the right choice."

"I want to take my time with my agent, my family and the people around me to make the right choice."

Dembele joined Fulham from Paris Saint Germain in 2012 and made 15 appearances for the club last season, scoring twice in the 5-2 defeat against Derby in the League Cup.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-youngster-flattered-everton-interest-9489690?

Friendsoffulham

Derby County: Rams sign former West Bromwich Albion, Fulham and Southampton man Chris Baird

DERBY County have signed Northern Ireland international Chris Baird on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old was released by West Bromwich Albion at the end of last season.

The versatile defender has put pen to paper on a two-year contract with the Rams, with the option of a further 12 months.

Baird, who can operate at right-back, centre-half or as a defensive midfielder, has more than 300 career appearances under his belt.

RELATED CONTENT
Derby County: Live Rams blog - Friday June 19
Derby County: Andreas Weimann relishing fresh start after joining Rams
Derby County: Rams complete signing of Andreas Weimann from Aston Villa
Derby County's Will Hughes a second-half substitute in England U21s defeat
Just over half of those have come in the Premier League - for West Brom, Fulham and Southampton.

He also has 72 caps for his country and started the recent Euro 2016 qualifier against Romania in Belfast, which ended in a goalless draw.

"We're very pleased to welcome a player of Chris Baird's experience to Derby County," said Rams head coach Paul Clement.

"He is an excellent professional and he is an important addition for us, both on the pitch and also in the dressing room.

"This is another extremely positive signing for us and we're very pleased with the business that we have conducted in the transfer market so far this summer."

Baird started out at Ballymena United before being offered the chance to join Southampton in 1998.

He made his senior debut in 2003 and went on to play 79 times for the Saints, who also loaned him out for spells with Walsall and Watford.

He was named Southampton's player of the year in 2006-07 and this form earned him a £3m move to Fulham in the summer of 2007.

Baird made 165 appearances for the Cottagers, during which time he helped them reach the 2010 Europa League final, where they were beaten 2-1 by Atletico Madrid.

He was released at the end of the 2012-13 season and later joined Reading on a short-term deal, making his debut in a 3-1 win at Derby.

Baird left the Royals in January 2014, after nine appearances, and was signed by Burnley for the closing stages of their Championship campaign.

He played seven times for the Clarets, helping them secure promotion to the Premier League.

At the end of the season, he joined West Brom on a one-year deal and made 24 appearances for the Baggies in all competitions last term.

Baird, who has captained club and country in the past, becomes Derby's second signing in the space of 24 hours, following the £2m capture of Andreas Weimann from Aston Villa.

That is now five new additions for the Rams so far this summer, with Darren Bent, Alex Pearce and Scott Carson having also arrived at the club.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-sign-West-Bromwich-Albion/story-26728803-detail/story.html#ixzz3dVpVTz64

Friendsoffulham

Fulham's £12m flop in talks to secure Craven Cottage exit

Konstantinos Mitroglou of Fulham in one of his three appearances for the club. (Photo by Clint Hughes/Getty Images) Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou is in negotiations with Fenerbahce about a move to Turkey.

Cottagers start with Welsh trip and Derby away on Boxing Day Manchester City close in on £10m Fulham teenager His agent Panagiotis Galariotis told Turkish website Fotomaç that the two clubs have been negotiating about a switch for a player who has been a failure since arriving at Craven Cottage 18 months ago and the chances of a successful deal is currently rated as 50/50.

The Greek international made just three appearances since his £12m arrival, making him one of the most costly mistakes in the club's history and reports suggest the Championship club will be looking at recouping a similar fee. He spent last season on loan at Olympiakos where he scored 19 times in 32 appearances and his manager in Greece, Vitor Pereira, is the new Fenerbahce boss, Have you taken our Fulham quiz yet? See if you can name all 10 former players, just from their Wikipedia bios.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/fulham_s_12m_flop_in_talks_to_secure_craven_cottage_exit_1_4119157
Copyright © LONDON24

Friendsoffulham

Man City's latest transfer swoop a damning indictment of Arsenal legend's youth setup

Manchester City seem increasingly likely to sign Fulham's England Under-19 international Patrick Roberts in the coming days, according to reports from a wide range of sources.

Roberts, 18, started just three times for the Cottagers last term, making 16 more appearances across all competitions as a substitute.

In total he mustered one assist across 441 minutes of action – while he has long been regarded as a talented prospect he is no Lionel Messi as yet.

The widely accepted reason that City want to acquire the teenager is that they wish to fortify their first-team roster with his homegrown status, while deploying him in their Elite Development Squad.

Several English players have departed the club this summer, with James Milner moving to Liverpool, Aston Villa signing Micah Richards and Frank Lampard finally making good his move to New York City.

Yet as an explanation it doesn't quite wash. As of January this year, Patrick Vieira's young Citizens already had eight English representatives alongside its Belgians, Spaniards, Nigerians, Swedes, Kossovans and Portuguese.

Patrick Vieira Man City
Last season Manuel Pellegrini invited two of them, Brandon Barker and George Evans, to join the club's mid-season training camp in Abu Dhabi.

The Sky Blues have no need to buy in an English teenager to take advantage of his homegrown status, so there must be another explanation and the most obvious one is that the current comparable EDC crop are simply not good enough to make the step up.

Such a state affairs can only reflect badly upon former Arsenal invincible Vieira, who has been in charge of the side since 2013 and involved in developing the club's youngsters in some form since his retirement in 2011.

Manchester City are 11/4 second-favourites to regain the Premier League title they lost to Chelsea last season, with Jose Mourinho's side the 13/10 favourites.

http://news.bwin.com/en/football-betting/premier-league/man-citys-latest-transfer-swoop-a-damning-indictment-of-arsenal-legends-youth-setup,78033.html

Friendsoffulham

Fulham's £12m flop Kostas Mitroglou set for Fenerbahce move

Disappointment: Kostas Mitroglou made just three appearances for Fulham before being sent on loan

Fulham flop Kostas Mitroglou is in talks with Fenerbahce about a permanent transfer away from Craven Cottage.

Mitroglou joined Fulham for a club record fee of £12m in January last year but failed to make an impact in English football.

The Greece international made just three appearances for the club without finding the net before being sent on a season-long loan to Olympiakos this term.

Fulham are desperately hoping to get their money back and are encouraging Mitroglou to find another club.

The 27-year-old, who scored 19 goals for Olympiakos, has attracted the attention of Fenerbahce.

His agent Panagiotis Galariotis has confirmed it is a switch that will be of interest to his client and said: "For some time Fenerbahce and Fulham are in negotiations about Kostas. Everyone knows.

"The claim that Kostas does not want to go to Istanbul is not true. He is a professional and Istanbul is a beautiful city. The chances are 50-50. The point is to for the two clubs to strike a deal."

Significantly Fenerbahce's new coach is Vitor Pereira, who was in charge while Mitroglou played for Olympiacos.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulhams-12m-flop-kostas-mitroglou-set-for-fenerbahce-move-10331436.html

Friendsoffulham

Dembele opens door for Prem switch

Fulham striker Moussa Dembele admits he is "flattered" by interest from Premier League clubs amid talk Everton are lining up an offer.

The 18-year-old is tipped to have a bright future in the game and his performances for the Cottagers has attracted plenty of scouts to watch him in action in the past 12 months.

The Frenchman has emerged as a possible target for Blues boss Roberto Martinez and now Everton have been given hope a deal could happen after the youngster admitted being linked to top flight clubs was nice to hear as he weighs up his future.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: "I'm very flattered by the interest from top level clubs. I always want to improve, but I love Fulham and I respect Fulham, so I work hard to do my best. "I'm very good at Fulham.

I know everyone and I'm going to take my time to make the right choice. I want to take my time with my agent, my family and the people around me to make the right choice." Dembele made 15 appearances last term for Fulham and the likes of West Ham, Aston Villa and Sunderland have all also been linked with summer offers.

See more at: https://www.clubcall.com/everton/dembele-opens-door-for-prem-switch-1772692.html?#sthash.ti7hzgu6.dpuf

Friendsoffulham

Nando Sees Red

Fernando Amorebieta was sent off as Venezuela lost 1-0 to Peru in Valparaiso Group C of the Copa America on Thursday night.

Amorebieta was given a straight red card for appearing to stamp on Paolo Guerrero in the 30th minute.

And Peru's man advantage eventually told in the 72nd minute when Claudio Pizarro found the net. Venezuela's Tomas Rincon inadvertently slid the ball into the path of Pizarro who made no mistake.

Venezuela must now avoid defeat against Brazil on Sunday if they are to have any chance of reaching the last eight. Peru face Colombia in Sunday's other Group C match.

Amorebieta said afterwards: "I didn't intend to step on [Guerrero] but will not go to criticise the referee, because he decides. I can only take the blame because the red card changed the game."

Elsewhere, Marcus Bettinelli was an unused substitute as England's Under-21 European Championship campaign got off to a bad start with a 1-0 defeat to Portugal.

Portugal took the lead when Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Mario tucked in from close range after Bernardo Silva's low shot had rebounded off the post.

Group B rivals Sweden came from behind to win 2-1 against Italy. Gareth Southgate's men face the Swedes on Sunday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/19/nando-sees-red?

Friendsoffulham

Amorebieta takes blame for Venezuela loss

Venezuela left-back Fernando Amorebieta refused to criticise the referee after he was sent off in Thursday's Group C loss to Peru.
Fernando Amorebieta shouldered the blame for Venezuela's 1-0 defeat against rivals Peru, a result that blew Group C wide open.
Amorebieta was issued a straight red card by referee Raul Orozco for stomping on Paulo Guerrero's knee just shy of the half-hour mark in Valparaiso on Thursday.
The left-back's careless dismissal ultimately led to Venezuela's demise as Claudio Pizarro netted the match-winning goal against 10 men with 18 minutes remaining at Estadio Elias Figueroa Brander.
Speaking to reporters post-match, Amorebieta said: "I did not intend to step on but will not go to criticize the referee, because he decides.
"I can only take the blame because the red card changed the game."
Thursday's result left the group up for grabs, as Venezuela, Peru, Brazil and Colombia are all level on three points with one match remaining.
Venezuela face eight-time champions Brazil in their final group fixture on Sunday but coach Noel Sanvicente is undaunted by the task ahead, having already stunned Colombia in their tournament opener.
"We will make an excellent match to qualify. In this Copa America we beat Colombia for the first time in competition, perhaps we can beat Brazil for the first time," Sanvicente said afterwards.
"The Cup is very even and anyone can beat anyone. In the group we were all the same and it will be like starting from scratch.
"We have to go out with the mentality that we can win, but we'll keep playing our style and our strengths."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/amorebieta-takes-blame-venezuela-loss#VPzFibUlXF3EdHQa.99