watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kay Voser

Started by JackyFulham90, June 23, 2015, 08:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

trouble with judging players' on the back of one poor individual performance is that there are a whole host of things that could have led to that poor performance, not just lack of ability. For example:

- the player may have had a big falling out with the manager prior to the game;
- the player may have had his thoughts elsewhere, perhaps something affecting him in his personal life at the time;
- the player may be struggling to adapt to a new environment away from family.

This doesn't mean the player is terrible. Just possible explanations for a poor performance on a particular day.

What is of more concern is that he hasn't featured since. So he may not be performing well in training either but we don't know that. Perhaps he will be given a second chance this season given his contract or maybe he will be offloaded, that remains to be seen.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

mikestrand

Judging by the throw ins, corners, set plays etc last season can the  coaching set up tell if anyone is any good.

mikestrand

Judging by the throw ins, corners, set plays etc last season can the  coaching set up tell if anyone is any good.

cmg

Quote from: you lucky people on June 24, 2015, 07:19:06 AM
Yep, he was awful at Reading but so were most of the other players, my abiding memory is of Felix sitting on the bench looking like he wanted the earth to swallow him, legs out, shoulders hunched, no leadership, nothing.

He should be given another chance, everyone deserves that surely? 

Who? Felix?
He says, "OK, but ziss time - no more Mr. Nice Guy!"

Tonywa

Was very poor at Reading, but then he was hardly alone in that.  Had a decent game on his debut against Cardiff and I find it hard to believe that a player who took part in seven or eight games in the Champions League only the season before last doesn't have something to offer a team in our position particularly given the lack of alternatives.  Would not take a great deal for him to be a better option than Richards.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: MJG on June 24, 2015, 09:01:29 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 24, 2015, 08:45:12 AM
Don't forget that the Fulham coaches see him in training every day and therefore know a lot more about him and what he's capable of more than we do.
I too was excited when we signed him, played for Basel, a top team and in the Champions league but was very disappointed when I saw him play, but the problem we have is that I think Felix signed him on a 4 year contract that means he's here for another 3 years. With his experience his name should be one of the first 1st on the team sheet but sadly it isn't and I don't see other teams lining up to buy him or even take him on loan. That man Magath has a lot to answer for.
Just so people dont get too excited at the prospect of him being here till 2018, he signed a two year contract...and we have an option of a third year.

Thank god for that! doubt we'll take up the option then.

hovewhite

guys,give him a chance.A clean slate!!

alfie

Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2015, 10:13:54 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on June 23, 2015, 10:06:59 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2015, 09:45:26 PM
I don't care how many men were on the pitch,  the score,  whatever.
His one on one defending at right back in front of us and how he was allowing their men to cross or get past him was appalling. That has nothing to do with how many games he had played,  just rank crap.

His performance has really irked you! Repeating myself, but no harm in giving him a clean slate.
I was at the game with my old man and their were two particularly piss poor bits of defending that made me get to my feet and hurl abuse at Voser.  My dad said he'd never seen me so angry in all the years of going (37 and counting).
I'm not proud of what I did and have had a go at fans when they have thrown abuse at players,  especially the youngsters. But here was a experienced international who just lacked total ability to defend that day.
If he plays again I'll give him another chance,  but he has a lot to make up. But I'll forever maintain it was the worst individual defensive performance I have seen by a Fulham player taking everything into account.
Have you ever just given a thought that he just may have had an off day, just like the rest of us, sometimes no matter how hard you try things just don't work, if that happens to me at work I get encouragement, unfortunately it seems footballers just get abuse. Would we not all love to be 100% perfect all the time, life's not like that though.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't