watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What our defence needs most

Started by FulhamStu, July 01, 2015, 04:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Its certainly true that we need new and better players to make up our defence this coming season, however as much as this is necessary there are another 2 major requirements.  One is that we have a regular back line, that is not chopped and changed and one that get to know each other in a game sense.  Defending is done as a unit and whether its Jazz Richards or Grimmer, its important that Kit decides on his best formation and personnel, so they can build a good understanding with good communication.  If its true that Bodurov can't speak English then this is a big issue.  Young players need good communication even more than experienced players and being able to talk to each other in a game is very important.

The second key requirement is that the defence is coached correctly and the midfield and defence are organised properly.  Of course it matters to have good players, however they have to be able to be in the right position and able to defend set pieces a whole lot better than we have done over the past 2 season.  This is Kits biggest challenge and one he needs to get right if he is to retain the job
long term.

For these reasons, we don't need to be still trying to recruit a new no 5 at the end of August, we need any signings as soon as possible so they can integrate into the 'team' and be ready for the start of the campaign.  I am sure Rigg understands this.

filham

Totally agree and if we have not signed a new left back and centre back within the next two or three weeks then Kit has a devil of a problem in fielding a well drilled defence for the first three or four matches.

bog

After conceding over 80 goals one would think that new a centre back would be needed. I liked that one who played for Sheff United against us in that awful cup game. Harry Mcguire? Went to Hull and hardly played. He would do for me.

092.gif

grandad

A quality LB is now the priority.Our new MF will take some of the pressure off the back 4 & will be able to concentrate on defending. I want our backs to defend 1st & not be used as wing backs in the stupid diamond.
Where there's a will there's a wife