watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dani Osvaldo

Started by God The Mechanic, July 01, 2015, 02:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

I remember we were linked with him in the summer that he joined Southampton (as well as previous years), and there was a sense of disappointment that we'd missed out.  They've just terminated his contract, in part because he was not particularly good but largely because he's seemingly pretty much unmanageable.  Total cost of the transfer plus wages and termination fee is around £25million.  Makes the Mitroglou transfer look sensible!

Just read the "release statement".  One sentence, with a nice little dig too.  Brutal.

MJG

Hes the striker if you believe things that Hughes wanted to buy for £17M and we (The FFC Board that is) said no to.
Then Hughes took his toys and ran off to QPR to play FM for real.

Blanco

What dig?

Guy obviously isn't interested in being a top player.  Similar case to Balotteli. Balotelli is better though.

McBride78

His role in that pirate movie is the only thing he ever did that i thought was of note. 

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Blanco on July 01, 2015, 03:09:28 PM
What dig?

Guy obviously isn't interested in being a top player.  Similar case to Balotteli. Balotelli is better though.

The comment about how he hasn't played for them in around 18 months.  Largely unnecessary, but they're rightfully bitter about how his transfer turned out so mentioned it.

Twig

Sadly we are seeing an ever-increasing number of players with unmanageable attitude problems, what a dreadful way to waste a god given gift of talent.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Twig on July 01, 2015, 04:32:50 PM
Sadly we are seeing an ever-increasing number of players with unmanageable attitude problems, what a dreadful way to waste a god given gift of talent.

Are we?  Or are we just less tolerant towards it.  Players like Best, Garrincha and Maradona had booze and drug issues but were were great players and their issues largely ignored.

snarks

True, but they were the exception rather than the rule, and their talant was head and shoulders above those around them. Osvaldo is good, but not a great like those you mention.

I also think the fact that because of Twitter, instagram etc we see more of the poor behaviout now than we used to be aware of. Of course the very high wages that even mediocre premiership players earn now makes a difference too.

bog

A class 1 real nutter.

092.gif

God The Mechanic

Quote from: snarks on July 01, 2015, 05:01:51 PM
True, but they were the exception rather than the rule, and their talant was head and shoulders above those around them. Osvaldo is good, but not a great like those you mention.

I also think the fact that because of Twitter, instagram etc we see more of the poor behaviout now than we used to be aware of. Of course the very high wages that even mediocre premiership players earn now makes a difference too.

They're still the exception now though.  We just have 24/7 coverage so hear more about it, and tiny indiscretions (teenager gets drunk on holiday) are sensationalised.

St Eve

So should we get him along with Barton?

Forever Fulham

Mea culpa.  At the time, I championed signing him.  Save me from myself.  A great compilation video of the Best Of Osvaldo did me in.

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !