News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does Fara Williams deserve recognition for her service to England?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 05, 2015, 07:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

She is the countries All time most capped player miles above anyone else for both men and women. Shilton has 125, Yankey has 129 but Fara is way out in front with 146 and she is still only 31 so more to come!

I believe her penalty yesterday makes her Englands top scorer at World Cups with 6 goals beating Kelly Smiths record. That goal also means she is just 2 goals behind Smiths goalscoring record of 43 which will surely now be beaten as she is the penalty taker. She was instrumental in a team that is now Englands second best ever team behind 66.

I dont know a great deal about Women's football but if this was a man I'm assuming statues or knighthoods would be talked about. I am not saying she should specifically get that but surely she deserves something.

What though?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alfie

I agree dannyboi, I knew her when she was just starting out and she was a cocky little miss then.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Nero

well the male cricketers got obes and mbes just for winning a ashes series a few years back so you would expect the ladies finishing 3rd would be due the same reconigtion

mikestrand

bog

Definitely. She has always given her all for England.

092.gif