watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Challenge to Kit

Started by Fulhamight, July 08, 2015, 04:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamight

:bump: Kit says on the official site that with the new additions to the squad, some of last seasons players will have to step up and fight for their places when the new season starts.

It's a good thing to have different options for next season and the club has given Kit some backing, which the majority of supporters seem to be pleased about.

My plea is, that we don't bump too many players in and out of the first team. Yes, we have to be flexible and adaptable to meet different oppositions and injuries and suspensions but the vast majority of winning teams have a solid nucleus of regular starters.

My challenge to Kit, is for him to know his best starting eleven, within his chosen formation and then to give them a decent run, to gel together as a team.

This means that the hard work starts for Kit now, as well as the players and we can all be optimistic for the new season. COYW !

mikestrand

Quote from: Fulhamight on July 08, 2015, 04:18:17 PM
:bump: Kit says on the official site that with the new additions to the squad, some of last seasons players will have to step up and fight for their places when the new season starts.

It's a good thing to have different options for next season and the club has given Kit some backing, which the majority of supporters seem to be pleased about.

My plea is, that we don't bump too many players in and out of the first team. Yes, we have to be flexible and adaptable to meet different oppositions and injuries and suspensions but the vast majority of winning teams have a solid nucleus of regular starters.

My challenge to Kit, is for him to know his best starting eleven, within his chosen formation and then to give them a decent run, to gel together as a team.

This means that the hard work starts for Kit now, as well as the players and we can all be optimistic for the new season. COYW !
More of a requirement than a challenge,  the challenge will be to do it quickly and successfully enough to avoid the chop.

filham

For both of the last two seasons we have tried too many players and have not had a settled team . It is essential for Kit to decide on his best starting eleven early.

Also we need to use players in their best positions, McCormac alongside or just behind the main striker, Richards at right back, Burn at centre back (not full back).

hovewhite

To know his best side hmmm that is a sign of a confident and a proper definition of any succesful manager

Arthur

Quote from: Fulhamight on July 08, 2015, 04:18:17 PM
My plea is, that we don't bump too many players in and out of the first team.

And we will we, the supporters, wait for Kit's 'best XI' to gel? In short: Not if we don't agree with his best team, we won't.

In my view, if we don't start the season well, Kit must either: hope that the majority of supporters agree that he is picking the best team possible and are prepared to be tolerant; or find the line-up that can bring about a run of decent form pretty sharpish.

If he sticks with the same XI week-in, week-out and supporters want to see changes, he will face heavy criticism (as he did last season when he persisted with the diamond-formation in spite of faltering results).