News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Teams for Fulham v Aston Villa (Matchday Thread)

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 11, 2015, 05:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

What happened to Scott Sinclair. He was meant to be the next big thing, but he's incredibly average (not just in this game)

rweller86

@rweller

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

lots to work on but also some positives, a cb is a must!
C O Y W

Sgt Fulham

Although its just a friendly nothing beats that feeling of a Fulham win! COYW!

RaySmith

YoungsBitter

We pressed them further up the field second half, especially when Eisfeld came back on. Looked very comfortable on the ball. Taggart worked hard to take pressure off Mac. All in all not bad run out for us. Pringle had a couple of interesting tussles with Joe Cole, he got skinned first time but then started to push back. Agree Scott Sinclair looked very average. Larnell Cole does look like a new signing.
Quark, strangeness and charm

MJG

Good result,  good workout against a strong PL squad.
Some players such as Kaca and Elsfeld who many considered would not be involved did enough to be taken serious.
Some things not right but outweighed by the good stuff.

Nick Bateman

Good performance, Fulham reserves look a better Premier League team than Villa's first team!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Walsh

Good result for the lads, not the best performance but some promising signs... against a premiership side as well. Was a huge positive for our first game with new players.

I've got Fulham and Costa Rica on a double...

32/5....

up the Costa Rica now :)

Deeping_white

It's a good start, if nothing else a good confidence boost to the boys and it's a valuable 90 minutes to gel a bit more. Also did anyone else think it looked odd with them still playing in last years kit minus the sponsor? Only fulham would go on a pre-season tour with the previous season's kit!!!

Ordar

I hope Eisfeld gets a chance. I'm not sure where his best position is, but there is talent there.
Not convinced by Pringle playing inside, he looks a much more effective player out wide.
We absolutely must get a CB, possibly two.
Voser looked alright at LB, got forward well first half.
Grimmer was poor first half but improved a lot second half.
McCormack needs to stop dropping so deep.
Taggart and Cole were lively when he came on
I'm still not at all convinced by Kaca (even though he scored a good goal) or Woodrow. I'd be tempted to look for a striker if he doesnt view Taggart or Smith as starters
More width was pleasing.
Good team goal at the end.

davew

8/1 now to win the Championship after today's performance!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

Small bumpy pitch, very early friendly but bit dissapointed by Pringle but must admit our left side kept the ball much better than the opposite flank
Cole just might be our ace up the sleeve this year, good game so early.
Villa squad quite strong ....... All in all

KIT OUT
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Chutney

I'm not sure what people expect of pringle, he's a solid midfielder from a poor rotherham team. He'll be a good addition to the squad but he's not the world beater people seem to be expecting.
C O Y W

@jolslover

Thought Lonergan did alright while he was on, Showed a lot of passion. Looked genuinely gutted when we conceded although his distribution was questionable
Thought Grimmer was average first half, second half he impressed me and looked like a player that was fighting to keep his place
Thought Bodurov and Burn were solid at the back, As a pairing looked better than Burgess and Hutchinson who I feel (Burgess) Isn't ready yet and (Hutchinson) gave the ball away with a few needless long balls
Voser impressed me  and it could be argued he is a good player to have in the squad as he can play RB AND LB and can be cover for both. His link up with Kacaniklic was also impressive
I thought Liam Donnelly looked ok, Put in a good shift and made a few good tackles while he was on, I felt Tunnicliffe fills the DM roll much better and I was very impressed with his performance today.
Emmerson Hyndman looked bright as he usually does, some nice touches and a few good passes
Kacaniklic was my (and probably most peoples) MOTM, Made some great runs and troubled the opposition defence, Also scored a banger to make it 2-1. If he plays like that this season he will cause championship defences lots of trouble
Smith was decent, His size always causes defenders problems however was gifted a goal
I thought Cauley Woodrow was the player that impressed me the least out there. Didnt really notice him in the first half and didnt cause any problems
Eisfeld put in a good shift and looked decent although he was selfish at times, He looked like he could be a good squad player for us and showed his versatility as although hes not naturally a wide man he didnt look out of place
Thought Kavanagh looked decent and is much more suited to the LB position than when he has been playing LM in recent times, got forward well
Pringle played in a more central position than he is used to and knocked the ball about well, Didnt do much wrong but equally didnt do anything too impressive
Taggart worked hard and showed good movement but didnt do anything of note, Larnell looked alright ,did a few good runs and was described by the Villa commentator as "a tricky, skillful winger"
Mccormack looked good, Quality as usual, great finish for our 3rd goal and great pass for the second

One of the biggest positives I can take from today was the return of width, Really made us look much better today and Kaca laying it to Voser on the overlap worked a couple of times and reminded me of the old Riether/Dejagah combo
STH H3

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: @jolslover on July 11, 2015, 09:18:26 PM
Thought Lonergan did alright while he was on, Showed a lot of passion. Looked genuinely gutted when we conceded although his distribution was questionable
Thought Grimmer was average first half, second half he impressed me and looked like a player that was fighting to keep his place
Thought Bodurov and Burn were solid at the back, As a pairing looked better than Burgess and Hutchinson who I feel (Burgess) Isn't ready yet and (Hutchinson) gave the ball away with a few needless long balls
Voser impressed me  and it could be argued he is a good player to have in the squad as he can play RB AND LB and can be cover for both. His link up with Kacaniklic was also impressive
I thought Liam Donnelly looked ok, Put in a good shift and made a few good tackles while he was on, I felt Tunnicliffe fills the DM roll much better and I was very impressed with his performance today.
Emmerson Hyndman looked bright as he usually does, some nice touches and a few good passes
Kacaniklic was my (and probably most peoples) MOTM, Made some great runs and troubled the opposition defence, Also scored a banger to make it 2-1. If he plays like that this season he will cause championship defences lots of trouble
Smith was decent, His size always causes defenders problems however was gifted a goal
I thought Cauley Woodrow was the player that impressed me the least out there. Didnt really notice him in the first half and didnt cause any problems
Eisfeld put in a good shift and looked decent although he was selfish at times, He looked like he could be a good squad player for us and showed his versatility as although hes not naturally a wide man he didnt look out of place
Thought Kavanagh looked decent and is much more suited to the LB position than when he has been playing LM in recent times, got forward well
Pringle played in a more central position than he is used to and knocked the ball about well, Didnt do much wrong but equally didnt do anything too impressive
Taggart worked hard and showed good movement but didnt do anything of note, Larnell looked alright ,did a few good runs and was described by the Villa commentator as "a tricky, skillful winger"
Mccormack looked good, Quality as usual, great finish for our 3rd goal and great pass for the second

One of the biggest positives I can take from today was the return of width, Really made us look much better today and Kaca laying it to Voser on the overlap worked a couple of times and reminded me of the old Riether/Dejagah combo

Good report, a couple of things

I can't see Pringle getting a place in the team in that position with LVC and Cairney to come in.
The couple of times he impressed me (on web site) last year was as a left winger slinging in the crosses.

Looks like Cole may have leaped over Plumain for consideration.

Cauley was conspicuous in the first half, unfortunately for one miss and a few offsides.

It seemed strange playing Smith in one half and Ross in the other, they are a bit of a 'double act' perhaps Kit
was seeing how Smith played without his 'room mate'

A solid performance but nothing very 'exciting and creative' no real flair player on view but it was our first friendly and it must have been very hot.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hovewhite

dannyboi-ffc

Good win boys. Still early days but its something positive to build from. I am quietly confident about this season. We just need some more quality in 3 or 4 signings.

Coyw!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging