Previous topic - Next topic

Are you excited for the new season?

Yes
20 (55.6%)
No
16 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

rusty shackleford

I dunno what it is, but I just cant bring myself to care about the new season yet.

Maybe it was the early optimism being undone by the usual Fulham stuff (Letting our kids go, loaning or selling better players, new signing getting injured, being linked with good players but not getting them completed)

I always go into every game thinking we can win it, even last season when it was clear that we wouldnt. But this year, I dunno. Id take another 6 weeks of no football and be happy

rweller86

How can you not be excited to see Fulham again on a regular basis and no doubt with many more points on the board this year...
@rweller

Domino 1879

Excited?  Yes
Optimistic? No
Cant see anything but mid table mediocrity........but I really hope I'm wrong.

Tonywa

Thought with Mitroglu or Gayle and with a new centre back we might have an outside chance of achieving something. As all that seems to have gone down the Swanee I would think that mid table would be the very best we could hope.  Withy regard to Smith, he's a decent enough, though limited player, but it just seems that whenever he is in the team we just resort to hoofing the ball up to him and I don't want to watch that sort of stuff all season.

Craven Mad

Less and less but - admittedly - still excited, yes.

Lighthouse

Well it seems odd not be enthusiastic at least, on the verge of a new season. The problem was last season so many thought we would do well when it was obvious we would struggle. Must admit even I was shocked how poor we were until Symons took over.

But this season we have to be happier than we were this time last season. I agree with Domino 1879 but think that improving to be a top half side is good. I will even go as far as to say we will be around the top 10. Now that is better than we were. Unlikely we were going to change from a struggling squad to a promotion winning squad in one window. We still have players to get rid of and players to bring in.

But as a club we have suffered in the last few years. Well ever since Mark Hughes sodded off to be honest. But I truly believe we are reversing the decline. So be excited about that. If you are expecting better things than that then it may be a poor season again for you.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

valdeingruo

I was excited at the start of the window, very quick in signing some quality players who know the division. Then we kind of hit a wall. The kit was, lets face it, dealt with horribly. If the whole launch turns out to be "Visit Florida" I will actually be disappointed in the whole affair. The only way the delay will be is if it is a ground breaking deal. The whole thing with Roberts was an eventuality but it seems we are going to loose out on more of our youth. The whole will Dunk or Gayle be here is also wearing me down. Garbutt had me excited but has pulled up with an injury. We seemed to play quite well so I would like to see how we turn out.

The hour long show and the 15 minutes is a welcome addition. It is much better than us getting Ivan(wonderful person, just tends to yelll everything) I guess what I am saying is. On the field if we do it right, it could be a very fun season, but our back room has gone from wonderful to "Everything has to be a secret"
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

McBride78

Very excited here.  It has been a long offseason here in the states, and I have very few friends who are football fans, so there are no profound offseason conversations, no rivalries, no banter about who's squad will be better.  I have one fellow I work with who is from a town near the wolves, so we go back and forth a bit about Stearman and had a good time teasing him about MacDonald coming our way....but other than that I am bored to tears and can't wait to get the season started.

rusty shackleford

Im just kinda fed up with football in general.

On a separate note, does anyone know if there will likely be a stream since we are an early KO on Sat?

Sgt Fulham

"Fed up with football in general"...very good way to describe my feelings too.

Skatzoffc

I was excited after we made the early signings. Thought we would go on and address the squad deficiencies.
Unfortunately we have not done this imo.

We still have basically the same defense as last year. A defense that conceded more goals than any other team in the division (bar Blackpool).

Even with a stronger midfield in front of them offering more protection, I can easily see us conceding a few more 4-5 goal thrashings. I saw enough of those last year.

Attacking wise we still don't have a system in place that will score enough goals to mount any kind of top half of the table threat.

I don't see how it can be as bad as last season, but I do fear mid-table obscurity.
Hopefully I'm way off base.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

RaySmith

I feel excited, as always, at the start of the new season.

fulhamben

I voted no, but no doubt that come Saturday I will invest everything that I have emotionally into the club again
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TrexFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on August 06, 2015, 02:16:27 PM
I voted no, but no doubt that come Saturday I will invest everything that I have emotionally into the club again

ron

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 06, 2015, 01:23:28 PM
Im just kinda fed up with football in general.

On a separate note, does anyone know if there will likely be a stream since we are an early KO on Sat?

Amazing how the ball hitting the opposition net regularly sharpens up the appetite again......Yum yum!

spoken

Anyone who says no is lying or does not have a firm grasp on their own feelings and an inability to interpret them.

hovewhite

thankfully not long to go as always I am looking forward to another season watching the whites the highs,the lows ,the joy and the misery.For what its worth I have seen signs re player recruitment we have started to reverse the decline cause since hughes made the point when he walked,i hate to say it but he was correct.
So back to this season bring it on.coyw