more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff 15.07.15

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 15, 2015, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Hughes Career Swansong

A former Fulham favourite, Aaron Hughes, has taken a significant step as his career reaches its twilight stages.

Now 36-years-of-age, Hughes has put pen-to-paper on a deal with the Australian side, Melbourne City.

The deal may only be one-year in length, but I guess Hughes couldn`t expect anything other considering his advancing years.

Talking about a player who has graced the Premier League with Fulham and Newcastle, the Melbourne manager John van`t Schip enthused about his signing remarking to the media,

"Aaron is an extremely experienced professional and is an excellent addition to our squad.

"He brings with him a vast amount of Premier League and international experience which will be of great benefit to the team and his qualities will greatly strengthen our defence.'

Here at Vital Fulham we wish Aaron all the best in the land down under.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=405622#ixzz3fwnRxim5

Friendsoffulham

Socceroo's promising pre-season at Fulham

After enduring an injury-plagued first year at Craven Cottage, Socceroo striker Adam Taggart is back pushing for a spot in Kit Symons' first team at Fulham.
The 22-year-old has made his first appearances for the Championship outfit on their pre-season tour of Portugal, playing his first minutes against League One outfit Millwall and backing up against Aston Villa on the weekend.

Taggart played the second-half in his side's 3-1 friendly win over FA Cup finalists, setting up his side's third goal, but more importantly coming through the match unscathed.
After injury bedevilled his first season in London the former Hyundai A-League Golden Boot winner appears on his way back.
ARTICLE: Taggart talks Socceroos, Olyroos and Fulham

Speaking to the club's official website Taggart was confident he'd fully recovered from the groin injury that plagued his first season as he tries to earn a place in the first-team.

"A lot of people dread all the running of pre-season but it's been fantastic for me, which sounds a bit weird," he told fulhamfc.com

"I was obviously struggling last season with my groin but now I'm in the best condition I've been in for a long time. Mentally and physically, I'm in great shape. It's a progression I'm hoping to continue.

"My body is 100 per cent now and I can progress and develop, get the shooting boots back on and contribute for Fulham this season.

"I had a good base of fitness the last few weeks and now it's about getting the little details right – your finishing, your touches."
Taggart has not played a competitive minute of football since he appeared at last year's World Cup on the back of topping the A-League scoring charts for the 2013/14 season.

However the ex-Newcastle Jets striker says he's at least been able to adapt to his new playing conditions over the last 12 months even though he hasn't been playing.

"It was good to get back into the rhythm of a match and put all of our hard work of the last few weeks into a game scenario," said the WA-born Aussie of the Portugal matches.

"It was hard work in the heat but it was important to get that under our belts and back into the swing of things.

"It reminds me a bit of Australia because most of our season is played in the summer.
image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/FFA_Socceroos/73/2c/adam-taggart_juym12zk7haa1irpz5bdvghxu.jpg?t=-1867130970

"I enjoy being out in the sun and it's nice for pre-season. It's a little bit harder than being in the cool air so in the end it will be good for us.

"I've got used to the fresh air in London but definitely out here it brings back memories of playing in Australia so it's probably a bit easier for me to adapt."

Fulham next play Crawley Town before embarking on matches in Austria and Germany.
The Whites open their season against Cardiff City in just over a month.

Read more at http://www.socceroos.com.au/article/socceroos-promising-pre-season-at-fulham/htcl5vhoqx81ue8rrijeth0t#5hX0MT5CpH1O1e5W.99

Friendsoffulham

Jazz: Great To Be Back

Jazz Richards explains why Fulham was his first choice destination this summer, and outlines his plans for the coming season.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCVBhymtrg

Friendsoffulham

Emerson Hyndman Must Start

Fulham's signings this summer have shown a clear intent to play a certain way in the coming season. Some excellent work has been done by Tony Khan and the club and we've been executing deals well and buying with a clear vision. Fans will be hoping that Mike Rigg's inclusion and a new statistical approach will be the start of a philosophy on and off the field at Fulham that will outlast any manager or player alone. After the last few years, this is exactly what's needed and the club deserves credit for this- perhaps more than they are often afforded. 

What's become clear with the purchases so far is that Championship experience and strong passing/chance creation stats have been prioritised. Again, great work from the club. The midfield looks varied and healthy for the first time in years, after fans had become all too familiar with seeing defenders masquerade as midfielders and precious little investment being made in the centre of the park. Tom Cairney, Ben Pringle and Jamie O'Hara provide the championship experience that was painfully missing last season and prove statswise to be creatively very good. Add in Kacaniklic, Christensen and Tunnicliffe and we have plenty of options in the middle. However, is there not a case to be made that our recent interest in Kevin McDonald is perhaps a player too far here? 

I totally agree with building a squad with more experience at this level but I can't help that thinking that, in Emerson Hyndman, we have a player who is maybe undervalued in the job he could provide Fulham's midfield. Working on the assumption that the dreaded 4-4-2 diamond is finally gone, Hyndman will not be alone at the base of the midfield next season. The likelihood is that a player with the experience of Parker or O'Hara would be accompanying him, in a partnership that would not only better protect the defence but take the emphasis of him having to be something near the finished article in a team as naive as you'd expect someone of his age to be. He would also have the benefit linking up with more seasoned attacking players ahead of him to delegate some of the creativity. 

Hyndman has been training with adults since he was 13 while his Grandfather was at FC Dallas. Not only was he an excellent member of the Fulham under-18 team that was so successful a couple of years ago, but he is the captain of the U21 US national team and has great tournament experience from this summer. He is familiar with stepping up and stepping out of his comfort zone, just as he was made to do with Fulham at the beginning of last season.   

Sticking with a statistical approach, in his limited Championship games last season, only three times did his passing accuracy drop below 88%, sometimes reaching heights of up to 96% (Rotherham at home). If passing football is to be our new mode of operating, there's surely room for a player with his success rate. 

While he has gained experience he has also been developing more physically and seems to have bulked up since last year, beginning to address one of the main criticisms one could aim at him, especially in the championship. The doubts begin to emerge around his lack of experience at the level Fulham want to be competing at next season. Totally understandable. But with more experienced players all around him and a team shape that doesn't expose him, is there any reason he couldn't grow into the playmaker we've been lacking? And is there anyone that thinks he doesn't have to potential to become a better player than Kevin McDonald? I understand the fans calling for a physical defensive midfielder as we don't really have one in the squad. But buying Kevin McDonald feels like we're buying a player with attributes we already have, but with more Championship experience. 

I know it's easy to be convinced by a player in preseason. It's also easy to buy into a romantic idea of being successful with players from the academy; there won't be many people who would choose a purchased player over a youth prospect if they were guaranteed to perform just as well. And of course there is an argument to be made about purchasing another midfielder and using Hyndman as depth over what is a long and difficult season ahead. I'm sure he will get his chances this year. But whilst Fulham were once guilty of promoting not enough youth, and then too much all at once, there is an argument to be made that the balance now looks good enough to allow a player Hyndmans potential and quality a place in the first team, and it would be a shame to block the path of a young player over fears that he lacks the experience

@Nick_Georgeou

Friendsoffulham

Liverpool and Man City in transfer tussle for Patrick Roberts

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaKOkGPi1Wk

Fulham wonderkid Patrick Roberts is at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war between Liverpool and Manchester City, according to The Sun.

The Reds and City have recently gone head-to-head over Raheem Sterling's future, with the England international sealing his £49m move to the Etihad yesterday afternoon.

Now, the two sides will battle for another English talent.

Liverpool are reportedly ready to dip into the proceeds of the Sterling deal to invest around £5m in landing 18-year-old Roberts.

But City have already had a similar bid rejected by the Cottagers, who are reported to want £10m for their youngsters.

Roberts is currently stalling over a new five-year contract worth £5,000-a-week from the Championship side.

He has got his sights set on a return to the Premier League, where he made his Fulham debut against City in a 5-0 defeat in March 2014.

Roberts, who joined Fulham from AFC Wimbledon in 2010, has represented England at under-16, under-17, under-18 and under-19 level. He has five goals in eight appearances for the under-19 side.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2015/07/liverpool-and-man-city-in-transfer-tussle-for-patrick-roberts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Friendsoffulham

Man City and Liverpool set to go head-to-head for wonderkid transfer after Raheem Sterling switch

Man City and Liverpool set to go head-to-head for wonderkid transfer after Raheem Sterling switch
Manchester City and Liverpool are in the midst of a transfer battle to secure the future of Fulham wonderkid Patrick Roberts.

According to The Sun, both Premier League giants are desperate to sign the 18-year-old—who is considered to be one of the brightest young teenagers in the English game—and are set to battle for his services.

The two club have recently done business together as another highly-rated English talent, international forward Raheem Sterling, swapped Anfield for the Etihad Stadium in a £49 million deal [BBC Sport].

The attacker had made no bones about his desire to leave Merseyside this summer, and got his wish earlier this week when he secured a big-money move to the Citizens [Standard].

Following the sale of their prized asset, Brendan Rodgers finds himself with money to burn, and is understood to be keen on investing £5 million of the Sterling windfall to bring the teenage Roberts to Anfield.

However, City have already had a comparable offer rejected by Fulham, who are understood to want roughly double that fee for their youngster.

The Cottagers are also keen to tie the player down themselves, and have offered him a five-year deal worth £5,000 per week as they look to either secure his future or increase his value ahead of a possible sale.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/07/15/patrick-roberts-man-city-and-liverpool-set-to-go-head-to-head-for-wonderkid-transfer-after-raheem-sterling-switch/?

Friendsoffulham

Liverpool bid £5m in race with Man United for teenage sensation

According to reports from The Express this morning, Liverpool have tabled a £5million bid for Fulham youngster Patrick Roberts following the sale of Raheem Sterling to Manchester City.

The teenage winger is widely regarded as one of the most promising prospects in English football, boasting 14 goals and 31 caps for the Three Lions across the junior levels and playing a pivotal role in the U17s claiming the European Championship last summer. He was named in the Team of the Tournament after amassing three goals and four assists in five appearances.

>>> Click here to view all of the Premier League's confirmed transfer so far <<<

That, in combination with his Craven Cottage contract entering it's final twelve months, has gained Roberts considerable notoriety amongst some of the biggest clubs from the Premier League and yonder. Arsenal, Manchester United and Manchester City have all been mooted as potential suitors, whilst French champions PSG entered the race earlier this week.

But according to The Express, Liverpool have devoted a small portion of their £49million Raheem Sterling fund to launching a bid for the 18 year-old.

They've tabled a £5million offer, but it's believed Fulham's valuation is around double that sum. The British tabloid also claim Manchester City have already seen an £8million bid rejected.

http://thisisfutbol.com/2015/07/blogs/liverpool-bid-5m-in-race-with-man-united-for-teenage-sensation?

Friendsoffulham

Dear Members,

Due to the ongoing popularity of FOF, we have decided to once again upgrade our Webspace in readiness for next season.

These upgrades will hopefully bring more stability to the Forum, plus help support the amount of traffic we receive, especially on Matchdays.

Obviously these upgrades will come at a cost, so if any of our Members would like to contribute towards this, it would be appreciated.

Any extra raised, will be used to help support the upkeep and running of this Website.

You can Donate by clicking on the 'Donate' Button located at the top of the forum.

Many thanks in advance

Friends of Fulham

Friendsoffulham

Brentford? Fulham player reckoned Bees made four bids for him

Life would have been a whole lot different for Ben Pringle had Brentford got their wish last summer.

The new Fulham winger revealed Bees came in for him 'three or four times' after both they and Pringle's club Rotherham won promotion from League One.

In fact, the exciting Whites recruit (see video) was in two minds about moving to west London a year earlier than he actually did.

"I think there were three or four bids from Brentford, that was last summer," Pringle added.

Corner hop: Ben Pringle celebrates an own goal from Fulham's Nikolay Bodurov
"At that point, we didn't know how Rotherham were going to do; and how Brentford were going to do. We both came up and it was 50-50 whether to stick or twist."

Fast forward to April, and Bees were surprise play-off semi-finalists under Mark Warburton while the Millers were toiling to avoid a return from whence they came.

Pringle admitted Rotherham's refusal to sell him was more or less convenient at the time.

"We ended near the bottom and Brentford were in the play-offs, and Rotherham rejected the bids anyway, so I would have had to dig my heels in if I wanted to go," he said.

"I didn't know what the future was going to be for both teams."

The 26-year-old Geordie can see clearly now and insists Fulham are headed for good things, including a play-off spot like Brentford last term.

He said: "We have to look towards that; I can't say a top 10 place will do, because it has to be minimum getting into the play-offs, and maybe even beyond that."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-fulham-player-reckoned-bees-9661261?

Friendsoffulham

Four Championship clubs, including QPR, have enquired about Everton's Luke Garbutt

Ipswich Town, Fulham, Queens Park Rangers and Rotherham have been linked with a loan move for Everton's Luke Garbutt.

According to a report in The Times, Everton are planning on sending youngster Luke Garbutt out on loan, with the Championship mooted as his likely destination.

The 22-year-old left-back signed a new, five-year contract last month but his chances of breaking into the first-team are slim at present, with Leighton Baines a regular starter.

As such, boss Roberto Martinez apparently wants his youngster to earn some valuable first-team experience in the form of a loan spell and four Championship clubs have allegedly put their name forward.

"Ipswich, Fulham, QPR and Rotherham are among the Championship clubs who have inquired about taking Garbutt on loan," The Times reports.

The England U21 international is evidently a sound prospect, and a player which could do a fine job at the top end of the Championship this coming season.

During his rare Premier League appearances last season, the talented left-back looked to get forward, provided an attacking outlet and involved himself in patient team play.

Thus, it's important that the Toffees choose the ideal club for Garbutt, preferably one which has a similar philosophy of possession-based football so he can develop accordingly.

QPR and Ipswich are both expected to challenge for a play-off spot and participating in a winning team will breed confidence. However, arguably Fulham are a better fit in terms of shape and style.

Which clubs represents the best option for Everton's Luke Garbutt?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/15/report-four-championship-clubs-including-qpr-have-enquired-about/?

Friendsoffulham

Liverpool in for Roberts

Our young 18-year-old winger, Patrick Roberts, continues to make appearances in the gossip columns of the tabloid press.

Roberts, who is refusing to put pen-to-paper on the deal offered to him by Fulham Football Club said to be worth £5000 a week and 5-year in length, continues to attract attention from Premier League clubs.

Previously, Manchester City appeared to be the front-runners for the players` signature but we now have a new suitor trying to sign the player.

Liverpool, having seen Raheem Sterling move on, are looking to take Roberts to Anfield to develop his potential and have offered Fulham a fee of £5 million for the player.

If Fulham were to accept the offer, it would be the largest transfer fee, in Britain, for an 18-year-old.

But it appears that Fulham are set to reject the bid from Liverpool, and also any bid coming from Manchester City, unless the asking price of £10 million is met for the player who has experience in the Fulham first team.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=405676#ixzz3fxq5eXAP