watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Other Championship happenings

Started by mike_corkcity12, July 15, 2015, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_corkcity12

Stewart Downing going to Middlesborough for £5 million. Their only other signing broke his leg in pre-season. Hope they come back in for Amorebieta.

Forest and Rovers are under FFP's thumb, the max wages they can offer to players are 10k per week.

Daryll Murphy has signed a new contract at Ipswich.

Derby and Middlesborough will be very tough competitors.

FPT

I think Downing is a great signing for 'Boro, I said on another post that it could have the same affect as Craig Bellamy's move to Cardiff City - they are sorely lacking in goals though, they'll rely on many a 1-0 this season as they did last year, but at least they had Patrick Bamford...

Hull already have a strong squad, and Derby have made an already good squad even better - those two in particular for me will be fighting at the top of the table, the top 6 though will be open. If we can gel and build momentum from the first game of the season, who knows. The way games come in this division, once you're winning games, you never stop!

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: FPT on July 15, 2015, 04:40:56 PM
I think Downing is a great signing for 'Boro, I said on another post that it could have the same affect as Craig Bellamy's move to Cardiff City - they are sorely lacking in goals though, they'll rely on many a 1-0 this season as they did last year, but at least they had Patrick Bamford...

Hull already have a strong squad, and Derby have made an already good squad even better - those two in particular for me will be fighting at the top of the table, the top 6 though will be open. If we can gel and build momentum from the first game of the season, who knows. The way games come in this division, once you're winning games, you never stop!
Great point about Bamford. Wonder if they will have the funds to nab a good striker as they are apparently paying Downing big wages.

If Hull still have Mike Phelan on board they should be ok. If not I think they will struggle. Bruce has proven again to be an inept manager and morale cannot be good down there. He also had a pop off the board for selling Tom Ince.

There is always onee underdog team. Leeds are shaping up ok, I like Uwe Rosler.

FPT

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 15, 2015, 04:52:26 PM
Quote from: FPT on July 15, 2015, 04:40:56 PM

Great point about Bamford. Wonder if they will have the funds to nab a good striker as they are apparently paying Downing big wages.

If Hull still have Mike Phelan on board they should be ok. If not I think they will struggle. Bruce has proven again to be an inept manager and morale cannot be good down there. He also had a pop off the board for selling Tom Ince.

There is always onee underdog team. Leeds are shaping up ok, I like Uwe Rosler.

My underdog might be Reading. They've done some good business with Paul McShane and Stephen Quinn on free transfers. Orlando Sa has scored goals in Cyprus and then Poland after leaving us - if they can get him scoring then they'll be in the top half for sure with the spine they have.

Danny Williams, Stephen Quinn and Olly Norwood is a strong midfield, McShane and Michael Hector at the back will be solid, so it's a case of getting goals up the pitch with Orlando Sa, Hal Robson Kanu and Garath McCleary.