watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roberts signs for Man City..

Started by Fulham Tup North, July 19, 2015, 10:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrie

20% sell-on clause particularly pleasing to see if true.

DJinNJ

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 19, 2015, 08:35:00 PM
It's going to be frustrating when he goes to Barca for 40 mill in 3 years...

Just imagine how frustrating it would be if we let him go for free and weren't getting a sell-on fee.

RaySmith

Seems very good business for the club, when the player was determined to get away, and top clubs were after him waving cheque books.

Max Headroom

I am gutted he has gone as I LOVED seeing him play. My regret is not that he has gone as if it was not this summer it would have been next, but the fact we saw so little of him in a Fulham shirt.

I wish him all the best and hope he makes it big time. I think he should have stayed with us one more year, but given the game time he got last season i can't blame him

Toby Ward-Smith

Quote from: DJinNJ on July 20, 2015, 05:37:33 PM

Just imagine how frustrating it would be if we let him go for free and weren't getting a sell-on fee.

A player of his age couldn't go for free. It's protection for clubs with young players who they have nurtured. It would of gone to a panel to decide the fee which probably would of been about 3-6 million pounds.

MJG

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on July 20, 2015, 09:11:00 PM
Quote from: DJinNJ on July 20, 2015, 05:37:33 PM

A player of his age couldn't go for free. It's protection for clubs with young players who they have nurtured. It would of gone to a panel to decide the fee which probably would of been about 3-6 million pounds.
Unlikely it would have been that high due to lack of game time and contract.
We would have been lucky to reach 2m (High end)  and a 10% sell on.

Apprentice to the Maestro

It appears to me that we got about as good a deal as we could hope for for someone who did not want to sign a new contract with us.

Quite a few posters seem unrealistic about his value and his current state of development. Yes, he has silky dribbling skills but he too often tries to take on the opposition from far too deep, to take on too many players and to fail to deliver the ball to his colleagues from what I have seen.

And compare him to Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney, the top talents of their generations, who were regulars for their Premier League teams at 17 and 16 and full internationals at 18 and 17, or Walcott or Sterling. Roberts is, as yet, some way off  the level reached by a host of young players over recent years.

Jonaldiniho 88

Good deal for us, good deal for pat and a risk that could pay massive dividends for city. Good luck to him. Don't think enough posts on here have wished him well. He is only just allowed to drink a pint. We have profited on him whatever he went for.