watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

An interesting thought

Started by alfie, July 25, 2015, 02:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

When we were making signings that us wonderful supporters did not like it was all Ali Mac's fault, now we have some signings we do like and he does not get a mention, well at least I find that interesting.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

alexbishop

Well the rubbish signings we were making the last few seasons were between Ali Mac and the respective manager at the time, i.e. Jol and Magath.

This time we have Rigg at the helm so I would say thanks should go to him. Ali Mac just crunches the numbers and negotiates.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Fernhurst

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 25, 2015, 07:02:05 PM
Ali's Mac ! I have never seen him wear a raincoat.

Silly boy Woolly ..... Ali's Mac is his computer!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Craven Mad

But Ali's not in charge of transfers anymore, Rigg is??

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 25, 2015, 07:22:15 PM

Ali Mac is the one negotiating and paying the transfer fees. So, in essence he is playing a big part in coming up with and saving the money that has bought and will buy the players that Symons and Rigg have identified.

Pretty important role if you ask me.

Also, during the bloody reign of Magath, Ali Mac's role would have been very similar as Magath supposedly had the keys to the castle while he was with us. Unfortunate that he was saddled with the pitiful mistakes that Magath made IMO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Craven Mad

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 25, 2015, 07:27:43 PM

Ali Mac is the one negotiating and paying the transfer fees. So, in essence he is playing a big part in coming up with and saving the money that has bought and will buy the players that Symons and Rigg have identified.

Also, during the bloody reign of Magath, Ali Mac's role would have been very similar as Magath supposedly had the keys to the castle while he was with us. Unfortunate that he was saddled with the pitiful mistakes that Magath made IMO.

Ali's not paying the fees - Khan is.

Ali's not identifying the players - Rigg is.

Ali's not identifying the areas needing - Symons is.

I'm not even sure Ali is negotiating. My understanding is that his job was controlling the purse strings and balancing the books.

As far as I'm aware: building business is Ali's job, building a team is Rigg's job, building performances is Kit's job. Obviously there're some overlaps, but that seems to be the gist of it...

I'm not putting Ali down - balancing budgets is vital - but surely credit for transfers should (mostly) be given to Rigg; that responsibility (probably rightly) was taken away from Alistair Macintosh.

SouthfieldWhite

Always wondered why Ali Mac got so much stick, especially from fans who were only second guessing.

Ali Mac is a very good CEO and Dosnt deserve the stuck he's had

MJG

I said something last week about fans wanting everything to be black and white. In that he does this and he does that.
It's just not that simple,  they are working as a team and be it recommending a player,  talking to the club to negotiate.
The jobs they have do not have such heavy descriptions that they don't overlap.

SouthfieldWhite

I'm afraid, in the football world, every thing isn't as black and white as fans think, a lot goes into a transfere and for one reason or another, it Dosnt always come off.

Not saying Ali Mac hasn't made any mistakes, but he is far from the bad guy in all our recent troubles.

But don't let me spoil other people thoughts of making him out as a scape goat

Peabody

Let's face it, most on here no nothing about what goes on behind the scenes, I they just happily speculate and assume that their speculation is right, which in most cases , it is not.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Peabody on July 25, 2015, 10:33:07 PM
Let's face it, most on here no nothing about what goes on behind the scenes, I they just happily speculate and assume that their speculation is right, which in most cases , it is not.

:plus one:  :plus one:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Chutney

Symons deserves credit, him and rigg seem to be targeting players wisely, cairney is the pick of the bunch so far, a CB to replace Hutchinson and I'm optimistic for the season ahead.
C O Y W

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 25, 2015, 07:46:06 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 25, 2015, 07:27:43 PM

Ali's not paying the fees - Khan is.

Ali's not identifying the players - Rigg is.

Ali's not identifying the areas needing - Symons is.

I'm not even sure Ali is negotiating. My understanding is that his job was controlling the purse strings and balancing the books.

As far as I'm aware: building business is Ali's job, building a team is Rigg's job, building performances is Kit's job. Obviously there're some overlaps, but that seems to be the gist of it...

I'm not putting Ali down - balancing budgets is vital - but surely credit for transfers should (mostly) be given to Rigg; that responsibility (probably rightly) was taken away from Alistair Macintosh.

Let's not spit hairs unnecessarily, shall we. You know what I meant. Beyond providing a transfer kitty to go along with the funds that the club is able to provide via outgoing transfers, Mr Khan is not involved. In the video with Rigg, Symons, MacIntosh earlier this year, Ali said that his job hadn't changed all that much (it includes doling out transfer fees and negotiating them as before) just that one the footballing side (transfer negotiations) he now has the benefit of Rigg's input.

He has input into transfer dealings. It may be minimal. It may not. He deserves credit and blame for good dealings and bad....just like Rigg, Symons, Magath, Jol......whomever.

mikestrand

Results over the last 3 seasons have generally shown that decisions coming from behind the scenes have been shambolic, were know in 2 or 3 months whether this has halted or is continuing.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mikestrand on July 25, 2015, 11:08:27 PM
Results over the last 3 seasons have generally shown that decisions coming from behind the scenes have been shambolic, were know in 2 or 3 months whether this has halted or is continuing.

Truth. Though, I believe that there is evidence enough to feel that change for the better has already arrived.

mikestrand

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 25, 2015, 11:32:40 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on July 25, 2015, 11:08:27 PM

Truth. Though, I believe that there is evidence enough to feel that change for the better has already arrived.
There certainly appears to be an improvement on the player front, I'm naturally enthusiastic at the start of each season, but as with last season its a major overhaul of staff and a poor start can easily turn into a tailspin, fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Peabody on July 25, 2015, 10:33:07 PM

I do because I'm well in with Hilda the Tealady so there.
Rigg likes 2 sugars in his tea, and goes through a plate of Fig Rolls In one sitting....

alfie

See I said it was interesting.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FulhamStu

The players bought in have all been those with good reputations at this level and for the money spent (not much) the 3 at the top, Rigg/Mac and Kit have all done a very good job.  We still need one more at least (Centre back) but of the 6 players recruited, they could all be starting 11 players who can improve and increase in value (maybe apart from Lonergan).   The job now is can Kit coach and mould them into a winning team.  Thats the big question !