News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should be be woried or optimistic for the coming season?

Started by Andy S, July 26, 2015, 09:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Without a new CB coming in its mid table 9-12 at best. With a new defender or two and another striker I'd hope for top four, if just a defender then top eight challenge.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Bronaldinho

We're building a good squad, I'd like to think that we'll be in the top 10 mix, which would be a decent season after last year's mess. But it's still a massive learning curve for Kit and the squad, so maybe the following year we can push.

But you never know in football!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

mikestrand

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 27, 2015, 06:41:52 AM
Yes I reckon Derby County & Middlesborough will be leading the pack with a couple of others hot on their heels.
As for us, well we are certainly in better condition than we were this time last year. So I feel we are on the right track.
We shouldn't expect too much too soon. We need a healthy start, and we need two or three more players.
All eyes will be on the Manager, and how he handles the job, and injuries will play their part, and would rather not see players being played out of position.
That well worn cliche, take each game as it comes will be the order of the day, and don't look too far ahead.
I hope we can get points on the board early, to reduce the pressure that may come if results and performances are not forthcoming.
I am quietly optimistic that we can finish top half, anything better will be a bonus at this stage, but there is still plenty of time to bring in some quality, so expectations could change, but the Manager has to perform better than he did last year, and let's hope he makes good progress, and we become consistent, and hard to beat.

:plus one:

H4usuallysitting

I'm still not convinced Kit's the man to fight for promotion - hope I'm wrong, but we have goals in our team so around 12th

filham

Too early to make a meaningful judgement, let us wait and see how the first three or four games go.

Not confident at the moment we have the right players and tactics for this division. I can't forget those heavy defeats last season by tough teams playing early balls out to fast wide players who then quickly caused problems in our box.

We seem to try to play either a slow short passing ,pretty pretty ,game or long sky high balls hoofed up the middle. Let us hope for better this season

A lot will depend on how much progress our young players have made, the key to success this season could be the form of LVC, Dembele , Woodrow and Hyndman

west kowloon white

Easy to come up with 8 better teams and 8 better managers?But if these "one or two more" additions are good ones-could  be the surprise package.
Think the concensus of 10th about right as things stand.

Andy S

Then after 3 or 4 games you will say it's too early to say let's wait and see after 10 games. This is  aimed as snapshot of now. May be another snapshot nearer the start.

bucksfulham

Sporting Life's pundits reckon we are a good bet for relegation. I don't think we'll be in trouble but like most on here I think, with the squad as it is now, that we'll end up mid-table.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/318/9910753/-?

Burt

I was one of the few pessimists this time last year, which is unusual for me given my glass is always half full. But I couldn't see us bouncing back to the premier league given the wholesale changes that were happening on and off the pitch.

This time around I feel a bit more optimistic. There is a plan, and things are starting to settle down a bit. It surely can't be any worse than last season. I can't see us getting anywhere near automatic promotion, and the play-offs will be a step too far as well. So I am going for a comfortable mid-table position and a season where we start to really build out the foundations for next season, and beyond.

hovewhite

ToodlesMcToot

Worried.....for the seasons beyond the coming one. I find it difficult to believe we'll be in the promotion hunt at the moment. I'm fairly certain that we'll be safe from a relegation scrap though.

My worries are that "sustainability" will be more likely a Championship level ideal if we are not promoted this season and that Premier League "sustainability" as a goal will begin to fade. This will mean that I'll only be able to see the team play once or twice per season on the television. And, since I generally do not have the patience to wait until the replays are posted, I know the final score prior to watching which lessens the motivation to watch games in tiny windows on my monitor.

Really wish that we'd re-sign Turner and another up and coming CB like Dunk, Lees, or Tarkowski.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Ron91

Excited as all of us will feel more confident in promotion with a new CB but overall cant wait for the season to start! Hoping when we sign a Cb he may have had better defensive training in pre season than we get here!   

alfie

Until we actually get a couple of competitive league games under our belt we just cannot say.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ordar

Given the dramatically increased premier league money in 16/17 its pretty much imperative that we get promoted. After that season Its going to be very difficult to get out of the league, with the relegated clubs coming down with 100m and parachute payments.

I like the signings we've made. All are improvements. I worry slightly about LVC's form since his injury, and hope the amazing signs he showed last year don't fade out.

Crucially we absolutely need to sign 2 starting centre backs (no Burn isn't good enough) and we need another 20 goal striker. If Ross gets injured we'd really be in trouble. I still think Cairney is totally wasted out on the right, and believe that we should swap him and LVC.

At this stage I cant see us getting promoted (and I hope I'm wrong). I've renewed my season ticket so will be there supporting the boys. I'm still not convinced Kit is the right man for the job, but I support him as the club is.

malcbridger

As the squad stands, 14th-16th, with 2 new c/b's and hopefully a holding midfielder,10th-12th, with a new coach and those new players, playoffs at the minimum, imo.

Tooting legend

I think we will get a CB in. I personally don't think we need a DM I would just play O'Hara or Parker there.

I think with a new CB I think we have the squad to make the top 6. It's such a hard league to predict, but I think we will be in with a shout.