watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I do hope.......

Started by Fernhurst, July 29, 2015, 10:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

If we win, confidence in the dressing room will be sky high. If we lose no one will be bothered. Smart fixture

BestOfBrede

This is upsetting...
For a good number of years now I have not been worried about coming up against Palace.
A bit like Norwich, Rangers, Brentford etc
but now they are the prem team (Palace) and building/ getting stronger - us? Well no need to say anymore!

HatterDon

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 30, 2015, 11:12:23 AM
Same analysts that had us as favorites to win championship last year when we went down?

Which analysts would those be? I must have missed each and every one doing so.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Chesh

Surely a look at the last 40-50 years demonstrates that relative fortunes amongst us and these sorts of teams is cyclical. Palace and Norwich (& Brentford for that matter) are having their day at the moment, and us & QPR aren't  - simples.

It's how I see it anyway, and stops me getting too down when I think of the last 2-3 years, compared to the 10 or so before that.

Most teams can point to ups and downs on a regular basis, and only the mega wealthy are going to stay at the top forever.

049:gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Chesh

Quote from: Chesh on July 30, 2015, 08:45:43 PM
Surely a look at the last 40-50 years demonstrates that relative fortunes amongst us and these sorts of teams is cyclical. Palace and Norwich (& Brentford for that matter) are having their day at the moment, and us & QPR aren't  - simples.

It's how I see it anyway, and stops me getting too down when I think of the last 2-3 years, compared to the 10 or so before that.

Most teams can point to ups and downs on a regular basis, and only the mega wealthy are going to stay at the top forever.

Sorry, that was supposed to be a reply to Best of Brede, a copule of posts up...
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Chesh on July 30, 2015, 08:46:41 PM
Quote from: Chesh on July 30, 2015, 08:45:43 PM

Sorry, that was supposed to be a reply to Best of Brede, a copule of posts up...
I'm talking about our fortunes since Al Fayed really...
I'm always pessimistic re prem teams because I chose to support Fulham (well followed family tradition), but since Mo, feared no one other than those real top 6-7
And that never included the teams mentioned. But, the way we have been since Al closed shop ( or his wallet to be precise), I'm now pessimistic against almost anyone and have lost that fantastic sat morning optimism I used to get when we were playing said teams, and of course many many more!

Fernhurst

It is strange wondering how Crystal Palace are going to perform against us, it's the beauty of obtaining top league status and building year on year.

We will return to our exalted position and the ticket touts, reporters and celebs will come again!

Come on Fulham
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 30, 2015, 09:47:54 PM
It is strange wondering how Crystal Palace are going to perform against us, it's the beauty of obtaining top league status and building year on year.

We will return to our exalted position and the ticket touts, reporters and celebs will come again!

Come on Fulham

FPT

I think it'll be a strong indicator of where we are in terms of fluidity within the system, fitness, intensity and defensively. I do think we'll see a centre back come in before the window shuts and that could well be all in terms of immediate starters - maybe a striker? But that is more often a smoother introduction to a team.

I'm looking forward to it, and I'm happy that it's our last pre-season game rather than our first as the fitness and competitiveness should be there.

I'll be very disappointed should Brede Hangeland not make an appearance (played 90 minutes tonight against Bromley). His first home coming since leaving, deserves an ovation of some sort, "Hangeland" being repeated in the stands et la Bryan Ruiz's song would be nice. 

Ged

Quote from: HatterDon on July 30, 2015, 08:33:29 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 30, 2015, 11:12:23 AM
Same analysts that had us as favorites to win championship last year when we went down?

Which analysts would those be? I must have missed each and every one doing so.
We weren't favorites but we're 4th Favorites after Wigan Derby and Cardiff

Jonaldiniho 88

Can we get kasami on a game long loan? Wish I was at the game he scored that worldy