watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No Right Mid

Started by JPCL, August 04, 2015, 05:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPCL

I know people are worried about lack of defenders but we're going into the new season without a recognised right mid?

Cairney is a centre mid, who left Blackburn because he played wide right so he surely can't be the answer. Christensen is a centre mid who was wrongly played there and Kaka plays on the left.

Squad is crying out for a winger, looks like were looking at the a narrow team again this year.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Ordar

We're not set up to play narrower than last year, and Cairney has obviously been bought to play there (granted I would put LVC wide and Cairney central personally).

For wide options we have: Pringle, Kaca, Cairney, LVC, Cole, Williams and McCormack even played there for a little bit against Palace.

That side of the pitch is set up to be fluid where Cairney/LVC and McCormack all seem to float out that way.

Walsh

Cairney is a RM, everybody seems to think he is a CM.

Kaca can play either side.

LVC could be an option for RM.

Chutney

Cairney will play where we tell him to, and that will probably be RM
C O Y W

Craven Mad

I agree, but I don't think it'll be an issue with our current formation.

Ordar

I haven't actually been concerned with the width we're playing with at any point during pre season. (I've been to or streamed nearly all the games).

What we do need to do is actually put crosses in the box and start shooting around the box rather than over playing

FPT

Tom Cairney didn't leave Blackburn because he was played on the right. He left Blackburn because they accepted an offer which in their current financial state, they couldn't afford to. Cairney was in the top 10 key passers in the division playing the majority of his games on the right - he may not really like it, but the statistics (and his performances/style, to me anyway) says he's a good quality right sided player. Our midfield is now vastly improved technically, we'll likely have the majority of the ball in the majority of the games, so we can afford to have Cairney moving inwards to play off of Christensen, with Richards and threading slide rule passes into (possibly) Dwight Gayle.

Watch this (https://vimeo.com/135264560) the majority of our really good quality play involves Tom Cairney off of that right hand side.

JPCL

Quote from: FPT on August 04, 2015, 06:22:17 PM
Tom Cairney didn't leave Blackburn because he was played on the right. He left Blackburn because they accepted an offer which in their current financial state, they couldn't afford to. Cairney was in the top 10 key passers in the division playing the majority of his games on the right - he may not really like it, but the statistics (and his performances/style, to me anyway) says he's a good quality right sided player. Our midfield is now vastly improved technically, we'll likely have the majority of the ball in the majority of the games, so we can afford to have Cairney moving inwards to play off of Christensen, with Richards and threading slide rule passes into (possibly) Dwight Gayle.

Watch this (https://vimeo.com/135264560) the majority of our really good quality play involves Tom Cairney off of that right hand side.

A blackburn reporter said Cairney was unhappy to being played out of position and was a factor to him leaving 

kiwiwaka

Cairney has also said he's happy playing there but personally thinks his best position is CM. Right mid will be Cairney, Kacaniklic and Cole (hopefully).