Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: fulhamben on August 03, 2015, 11:24:59 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 03, 2015, 09:31:23 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on August 03, 2015, 09:09:56 AM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 03, 2015, 08:28:44 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 03, 2015, 08:23:29 AM
Quote from: sunburywhite on August 03, 2015, 08:11:12 AM
He will not join us until after we play Brighton in the second game of the season
If we start the season with a worse defence than last year, then kit needs sacking.

Moronic quote of the day. Well Done.

Perhaps 'moronic' in its execution but not moronic in principle.

Despite our awful defence last season Kit has been kept on and given the opportunity to have a full pre season with a squad full of 'his' players.

He has had a full pre season to coach his defence, and where there are weaknesses in that defence, to strengthen in the transfer market.

So far we have strengthened at right back and at left back. Early evidence during pre season shows our defence is still disorganised and remains a weakness. Arguably at this stage, this could be due to a lack of quality centre backs. In which case it is paramount we strengthen in that area (which the club appears to be doing without success so far).

If we do strengthen, and despite bringing new centre backs in, our defence is still poor. Then we know the blame lies with our coaching team and a failure in its ability to organise and coach the defence.

If the problems in our defence negatively impact on the team reaching the stated goal of promotion - then yes, Kit will be sacked.

If we do invest in a new defence and we still have problems leaking goals then I imagine the club will move pretty quickly to replace the coaching team so we can still have a chance of reaching play offs.

Certainly a more well argued position.

For me, saying "Kit needs sacking if we start the season with a weaker defence than last season" is utterly moronic.

For a start we arguably already have a better defence. Richards, Lonergan and Garbutt are improvements on what we had at the start of last season; please note Grimmer was out on loan in League Two at the start of last season and where Lonergan may not be an upgrade on Bettinelli, though that in itself is debatable, he is certainly an upgrade on Kiraly. 

Secondly, working on the premise that we DO have a worse defence (we don't - see above),  sacking Kit for such a thing would be to totally ignore all the improvements we HAVE made across the midfield.  Pringle, O'Hara and Cairney are all excellent signings.

Thirdly, if we were to sack Kit for such a reason, wouldn't Mike Rigg have to go too? Is that what you want? Given he is directly responsible for player acquisitions, along side Kit, then surely he needs to be fired too?!

Finally, sacking Kit for the simple fact you don't like our starting back four on the first game of the season is utterly ridiculous. Think about how that sounds, think how we would scorn on other clubs for doing such a thing.

So yeah, basically it's nonsense.

so let's get this straight. You think jazz is better than jazz and Garbutt is better than husband? Ok so I'll accept lots on here don't actually see us play, but then with the loss of Turner, you still think we have done well in this windows? Big words or not, you are still full of ( our defence)

None of what you purport I said is correct. Read my post again. I was comparing our defence now to our defence at the start of last season. RB was Hoogland or Zverotic, LB was Stafylidis. Are Jazz and Garbutt better than those players? I would suggest they are.

Turner was a loan. Husband was a loan. They were ALWAYS due to go back to their parent clubs.

Yes I think we have thus far had a good summer; if we get Dunk and Dwight Gale and perhaps one other CB I would say it has been an EXCELLENT summer.

So, in conclusion, make sure you read other people's comments properly before you give it the large one.

Kudos on the (our defence) bit...that is marginally amusing.

Cheers.

spoken

I really don't think this lad is worth 4million and 20k+ a week. If he was this good a host of premiership and promotion contenders from the championship would be after him, as it stands we are the only team with any evidence of credible interest.

I would happily look elsewhere, preferably a centre back with some.....no, a lot of pace!

Horsfield_No9

Has there been even a credible source write about this transfer? The only actual facts we know are that he's playing friendlies for Brighton and they say he's not for sale.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

shnlwswlkr

Was trying to do further fishing around for Dunk info as one of my friends is a Physio at Brighton and she reminded me that he was one of the players caught up in the rape fiasco that they had a couple of years back... Even though he was found not guilty, supposedly it was all still very suspicious and before that Arsenal were interested in him, but backed out very quickly once that story broke... Is he the type of player we want at Fulham, someone who is connected to stories like that?
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

gang

I think the words not guilty are quite important in European laws.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 04, 2015, 05:40:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 03, 2015, 11:24:59 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 03, 2015, 09:31:23 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on August 03, 2015, 09:09:56 AM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 03, 2015, 08:28:44 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 03, 2015, 08:23:29 AM
Quote from: sunburywhite on August 03, 2015, 08:11:12 AM
He will not join us until after we play Brighton in the second game of the season
If we start the season with a worse defence than last year, then kit needs sacking.

Moronic quote of the day. Well Done.

Perhaps 'moronic' in its execution but not moronic in principle.

Despite our awful defence last season Kit has been kept on and given the opportunity to have a full pre season with a squad full of 'his' players.

He has had a full pre season to coach his defence, and where there are weaknesses in that defence, to strengthen in the transfer market.

So far we have strengthened at right back and at left back. Early evidence during pre season shows our defence is still disorganised and remains a weakness. Arguably at this stage, this could be due to a lack of quality centre backs. In which case it is paramount we strengthen in that area (which the club appears to be doing without success so far).

If we do strengthen, and despite bringing new centre backs in, our defence is still poor. Then we know the blame lies with our coaching team and a failure in its ability to organise and coach the defence.

If the problems in our defence negatively impact on the team reaching the stated goal of promotion - then yes, Kit will be sacked.

If we do invest in a new defence and we still have problems leaking goals then I imagine the club will move pretty quickly to replace the coaching team so we can still have a chance of reaching play offs.

Certainly a more well argued position.

For me, saying "Kit needs sacking if we start the season with a weaker defence than last season" is utterly moronic.

For a start we arguably already have a better defence. Richards, Lonergan and Garbutt are improvements on what we had at the start of last season; please note Grimmer was out on loan in League Two at the start of last season and where Lonergan may not be an upgrade on Bettinelli, though that in itself is debatable, he is certainly an upgrade on Kiraly. 

Secondly, working on the premise that we DO have a worse defence (we don't - see above),  sacking Kit for such a thing would be to totally ignore all the improvements we HAVE made across the midfield.  Pringle, O'Hara and Cairney are all excellent signings.

Thirdly, if we were to sack Kit for such a reason, wouldn't Mike Rigg have to go too? Is that what you want? Given he is directly responsible for player acquisitions, along side Kit, then surely he needs to be fired too?!

Finally, sacking Kit for the simple fact you don't like our starting back four on the first game of the season is utterly ridiculous. Think about how that sounds, think how we would scorn on other clubs for doing such a thing.

So yeah, basically it's nonsense.

so let's get this straight. You think jazz is better than jazz and Garbutt is better than husband? Ok so I'll accept lots on here don't actually see us play, but then with the loss of Turner, you still think we have done well in this windows? Big words or not, you are still full of ( our defence)

None of what you purport I said is correct. Read my post again. I was comparing our defence now to our defence at the start of last season. RB was Hoogland or Zverotic, LB was Stafylidis. Are Jazz and Garbutt better than those players? I would suggest they are.

Turner was a loan. Husband was a loan. They were ALWAYS due to go back to their parent clubs.

Yes I think we have thus far had a good summer; if we get Dunk and Dwight Gale and perhaps one other CB I would say it has been an EXCELLENT summer.

So, in conclusion, make sure you read other people's comments properly before you give it the large one.

Kudos on the (our defence) bit...that is marginally amusing.

Cheers.

but we did have jazz Turner and husband in the same team, and our defence was still crap. All we have done now is make it worse. And yes if we sign players we are linked with then it might be a good windows. But alas as things stand they are just rumours and our defence is still poor
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

spoken

Quote from: gang on August 04, 2015, 07:34:37 PM

This

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: gang on August 04, 2015, 07:34:37 PM

Yeah I understand that and that's what I said to her, but then her reply was that it was all really suspicious. Anyway, just saying... I had forgotten about all that.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

cmg

Even a cursory reading of an account of the events reveals that although 'fiasco' may be merited, 'rape' is an incorrect word. The players were accused, and acquitted, of 'sexual assault and voyeurism.' Although serious, this does not constitute rape and, as has been said, nobody was accused of this crime.

Again, even a quick reading of events, shows that much of the 'suspicion' mentioned falls on the evidence given by the young lady in question - as the jury seemed to realize.