Looks like we're heading to Cardiff

Started by Wearethewhites, August 05, 2015, 03:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 06:34:17 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 06:31:16 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 06:27:57 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 05, 2015, 06:12:39 PM
As you said it's short notice to get someone in.. At the same time, it's short notice for Mitrog to go! At least we will score!

Reports are coming out that Benfica have agreed a fee with Fulham for Mitroglou. He will leave before we find a CB, that you can bet your bottom dollar. 

Sack the board!!!

Surprised you're not over on your other board Cottage Corner mugging this one off?

Sorry but I am having far too much fun being one of only a handful of rational individuals on here.

hovewhite

I think rigg and kit have not been able to get there targets CB wise ,possibly they should have had a bigger list and I am hoping there is a collective better understanding between the defenders ,otherwise kit will have problems from the off and I am hoping he has addressed  it for all our sakes.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: hovewhite on August 05, 2015, 06:38:38 PM
I think rigg and kit have not been able to get there targets CB wise ,possibly they should have had a bigger list and I am hoping there is a collective better understanding between the defenders ,otherwise kit will have problems from the off and I am hoping he has addressed  it for all our sakes.

I thought we defended better as a unit on Saturday.
It is a shame about Garbutt but I am hoping Kavanagh can hold the fort for a few weeks. Voser worries me a lot.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 06:36:54 PM
As you said it's short notice to get someone in.. At the same time, it's short notice for Mitrog to go! At least we will score!

Reports are coming out that Benfica have agreed a fee with Fulham for Mitroglou. He will leave before we find a CB, that you can bet your bottom dollar.  

Sack the board!!!

Surprised you're not over on your other board Cottage Corner mugging this one off?

Sorry but I am having far too much fun being one of only a handful of rational individuals on here.

Rational individuals? Get real, like I said before, if something's clearly black on this forum, you will argue the toss that it's white just to get a reaction. That's the type of individual you are.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 06:45:10 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 06:36:54 PM

Sack the board!!!

Rational individuals? Get real, like I said before, if something's clearly black on this forum, you will argue the toss that it's white just to get a reaction. That's the type of individual you are.

No I won't

Haha :-)

Andy S

People forget that there are different situations that cause players to leave and one of those is when a player is not included in the team on day one of the season. "If I'm not first Choice boss let me go" So some players could become available after the season begins. There is plenty of time yet and it would not be us if we didn't make a couple of last day signings

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Andy S on August 05, 2015, 07:02:35 PM
People forget that there are different situations that cause players to leave and one of those is when a player is not included in the team on day one of the season. "If I'm not first Choice boss let me go" So some players could become available after the season begins. There is plenty of time yet and it would not be us if we didn't make a couple of last day signings

Last day as in Friday before Saturday's game, or end of the window. Realistically, a CB should have been here now, not days, moments before.

MJG

Well what this will prove partly is Kit's coaching ability with the same players. 
Had a full pre season to work with the defence so let's see if there is a difference.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: MJG on August 05, 2015, 07:05:51 PM
Well what this will prove partly is Kit's coaching ability with the same players. 
Had a full pre season to work with the defence so let's see if there is a difference.

Crystal Palaces goal was textbook.

MJG

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 07:13:57 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 05, 2015, 07:05:51 PM

Crystal Palaces goal was textbook.
I should have put a wink in at the end of my post. My point remains tho,  it's time for him to show he can do it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 05, 2015, 04:18:46 PM
Also looks like we're heading to Cardiff WITHOUT A BLEEDING KIT!!!

Is it me...or is this club an absolute farce? We have failed miserably for the last 5 years. Instead of capitalising on a big European dream we have gone backwards and backwards.

A kit seems like a small trivial thing but it's just laughable.

Woolly Mammoth

Well Saturday at Cardiff will certainly be a challenge for whoever or whatever team is picked, it will certainly be a test for the defence. We must not get off to a slow start, and find ourselves behind early and then start chasing the game. It will definitely be a test, but I would feel a lot better if we could bring in another quality centre back before Saturday. Since the end of last season we have been attempting to sign one. And we appear no nearer than we were back then. Unless the Sea Gulls are stalling and won't sell Lewis Dunk until we have played them. Nevertheless, Saturday will be, and needs to be all hands on deck. A draw would be very nice, but a victory will be even sweeter, with a good performance included.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

Pretty shocking management all round unfortunately, from Kahn down to Kit.

1. No improvements to the defence despite being complete crap for a long time.
2. No sponsor. Do we have one to announce???
3. No new kit launched???

Absolute joke with the very basics of the club.

JackyFulham90

If we want promotion we need a better central defender for sure but I do like Burn & think Hutchinson has potential. I think having O'Hara & Christensen in midfield over Parker & Tunnicliffe will make us less shaky at the back though

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

Wearethewhites

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 05, 2015, 10:44:05 PM
At least Kenwyne Jones is out.

Don't worry about that, you can bet your bottom dollar that donkey Sammy Ameobi will score.

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 05, 2015, 04:45:59 PM
I think there is a question at both ends. We need a forward and we need a central defender as minimum. We still lack pace in the middle. So it shows how appalling we were last season. Midfield can cope with plenty of permutations.

But I shall wait until the transfer window is over before I start moaning. No club that is not spending silly money is ready for the season.

There are five matches before the end of the transfer window , if we are to wait all of that time for a new centre back we could be bottom of the table by the time he arrives and you will then have cause for one enormous moan.

FPT

I think we have more of a set philosophy on top of a more balanced and technically efficient team which will help our shape somewhat - though that shan't cover the ineptitude of our defenders, it will certainly aid the team solidity and structure. We'll be tested for sure by set pieces, Peter Whittingham has one of the best deliveries of a deadball in the country and the Cardiff centre backs scored 9 goals together (6 for Sean Morrison, 3 for Bruno Ecuele Manga).

I'm a little disappointed that we haven't managed to seal a deal for a centre back given the time we had between officially signing Jamie O'Hara and Luke Garbutt (about three weeks) so it does feel a little like we've had a lot of time to do a deal. I do however, think we'll sign Lewis Dunk in this window, it may just be a little later than we would like.