more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bloody spoilt footballers

Started by f321ffc, August 06, 2015, 05:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: filham on August 07, 2015, 09:44:59 AM
The Mitroglou situation is unbelievable, we have an £11m international striker on our books under a long term contract who doesn't want to play for us. So the obvious solution is to get rid of him , get some cash in the bank and rid ourselves of a problem.

Instead we continue to give him the security of a long term contract, let him use the club's training and medical facilities and let him play for overseas clubs of his choice.
would like to know how much he has cost us to date.

I suspect that Mitroglou is shown as an asset on the club's books, in fact he is proving to be an enormous liability . We really should have cashed in on the asset by now, he is probably at his peak and his value will now depreciate by the game.

I just can't see the point of keeping hold of him only to see all these antics repeated season after season until his contract expires. We have never seen a situation like this before.
Well we can only sell if we have a buyer and I reckon his 'paper' value on the club accounts now is in the region of £6-7M.
We would hardly have paid any wages since he joined as been loaned out, also we have had loan fees.
So lets say at the end of the season the team hes gone to buys him for th 8M Euro's I saw as the buyout, we may actually find we havent lost anything on him, apart from a lot of bandwidth talking about him.

FulhamStu

What annoyed me slightly was Simons saying "Trog did not want to play in the Championship and I am happy with that".   Well sorry Kit, you sometimes have to be a bit tougher with employees and sometimes employees have to do what they have to do.   Its bloody easy to manage a team that are all happy happy, sorting out the ones who give you some problems is the challenge, especially if they are going to make you better.   Weak managment very much on show from Kit with this one.

filham

Quote from: MJG on August 07, 2015, 09:57:09 AM
The Mitroglou situation is unbelievable, we have an £11m international striker on our books under a long term contract who doesn't want to play for us. So the obvious solution is to get rid of him , get some cash in the bank and rid ourselves of a problem.

Instead we continue to give him the security of a long term contract, let him use the club's training and medical facilities and let him play for overseas clubs of his choice.

I suspect that Mitroglou is shown as an asset on the club's books, in fact he is proving to be an enormous liability . We really should have cashed in on the asset by now, he is probably at his peak and his value will now depreciate by the game.

I just can't see the point of keeping hold of him only to see all these antics repeated season after season until his contract expires. We have never seen a situation like this before.
Well we can only sell if we have a buyer and I reckon his 'paper' value on the club accounts now is in the region of £6-7M.
We would hardly have paid any wages since he joined as been loaned out, also we have had loan fees.
So lets say at the end of the season the team hes gone to buys him for th 8M Euro's I saw as the buyout, we may actually find we havent lost anything on him, apart from a lot of bandwidth talking about him.
[/quote

So who pays his wages and puts the stamp on his card between loan deals and if we can't find a buyer for him now what hope is there of finding a buyer in twelve months time. Unless the loan fees are way above his wages then we must be onto a loser.

MJG

Quote from: filham on August 07, 2015, 10:35:45 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 07, 2015, 09:57:09 AM

[/quote

So who pays his wages and puts the stamp on his card between loan deals and if we can't find a buyer for him now what hope is there of finding a buyer in twelve months time. Unless the loan fees are way above his wages then we must be onto a loser.
Its all about Player Amortisation, could bore you with it but its still early. Of course we will have paid some wages, but given how long hes been away from the club, that would not add up to a lot in the big scheme of things.