watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Brentford vs Birmingham postponed

Started by One James stannard, August 12, 2015, 02:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One James stannard

Pitch in a right mess, how is this possible so soon into a new season?

Rhys Lightning 63

Because clearly they are a worse run club than us
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

KP_FFC

are they blaming the pitch on their awful performance yesterday?

Blanco

Mark Devlin, Brentford FC Chief Executive, said: "With the match next Tuesday now postponed, we will not have a match at Griffin Park until we play Reading on Saturday 29 August. This will give us a clear window to relay the pitch."

I guess the whole of the summer wasn't enough time!

Chesh

They made changes to the under water drainage system, and it unexpectedly completely ruined the pitch.

Shame - they've been nothing short of unbearable with their one season in the limelight, and now normal business is slowly resuming.

Don't begrudge them their victories over us last season because they were clearly a better run outfit, but anyone would think they were on their way to becoming some sort of superclub ('New Brentford' is the buzz phrase), with Matthew Benham being revered as some sort of  cult leader, guiding them to a promised land in their dreams.

Seems that some of their fans still begrudge him letting Warburton go though, and what with the pitch on Saturday and last night's humbling, there are already rumblings of discontent.

:005:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Twig

I have no great issue with Brentford, they are my local club and years ago I used to watch them occasionally, got on well with many of the fans (real supporters like us).  However the dismissal of Warburton has made Benham a laughing stock in my eyes.

SP

Quote from: KP_FFC on August 12, 2015, 03:15:17 PM
are they blaming the pitch on their awful performance yesterday?

No, more likely the 11 changes they made from Saturday's team.

fulhamben

Don't see how we can crow when it took an abandoned pitch to make us get under ground heating
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bog

Wot a shambles. Mind you I recall many years back when Reading were still at Elm Park. On the eve of a new season their groundsman gave the pitch one last watering but put something incorrectly in the in the sprayer and killed off all the grass!! :doh:

092.gif

ron

Quote from: One James stannard on August 12, 2015, 02:46:30 PM
Pitch in a right mess, how is this possible so soon into a new season?

Their caravans churned up the surface when they gathered for pre season... 086.gif

St Eve

Quote from: Twig on August 12, 2015, 06:11:26 PM
I have no great issue with Brentford, they are my local club and years ago I used to watch them occasionally, got on well with many of the fans (real supporters like us).  However the dismissal of Warburton has made Benham a laughing stock in my eyes.

mine too. A bit like the Felix fiasco made us a laughing stock except the cost to us was far greater and still continues

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: bog on August 12, 2015, 08:21:53 PM
Wot a shambles. Mind you I recall many years back when Reading were still at Elm Park. On the eve of a new season their groundsman gave the pitch one last watering but put something incorrectly in the in the sprayer and killed off all the grass!! :doh:

092.gif

Haha I love that bog. Maybe we put infantilise seeing as we can't see to bring youth through.

leonffc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 06:23:59 PM
Don't see how we can crow when it took an abandoned pitch to make us get under ground heating

Slightly different. Our pitch froze over due to bad weather. Theirs cut up in August after one league game into the season.

Almost as funny as Sunderland's pitch getting waterlogged for the first home game in August just after they had new drainage and a new pitch

Lighthouse

Wasn't aware a club could even do this during a season. They messed up so this late in the day can postpone matches. Fine them I say.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Brentfords record signing beljend could be out for the season after damaging his knee whilst playing on said dodgy pitch
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.