watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Smalling ...

Started by J, August 14, 2015, 09:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

Is actually looking like quite a good defender! Took him long enough but fair play to the lad.

BedsFFC

A manu fan mate went to their game last week.

My views on Smalling from seeing him in the flesh had obviously struck a nerve. He said that he was absolutely fantastic and had Kane in his pocket.

I'm not upset to be wrong on this one.

Max Headroom

As with most players a run in the team and the confidence that goes with it makes a huge difference.

Was always impressed with him when he played for us. Always composed on the ball

leonffc

He's onto a winner because everyone compares him with Jones due to their competition for a place at UTD and England.
You look at Jones and suddenly Smalling is a world beater!!

HatterDon

You're all acting like he's just now gotten a chance to play. Prior to this season he had about 150 senior appearances, not to mention 18 full England caps.

The truth is that he's been a much better than average player from the day he joined United. This season will be the 3rd full season where he's a key component in their defense. Everybody loved the kid until Roy sold him to SAF. From that moment, for many on here, he became crap -- a great swindle on Ferguson -- and a good lesson in why young talented players shouldn't leave Fulham for bigger clubs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jonaldiniho 88

I used to play 5aside with an ex fulham youth player who played with smalling who was captain. He said he was very good and very physical and said he would be a starter for fulham for a long time. He got last bit wrong. Obviously physical at youth levels isn't the same. He doesn't strike me as a leader though. I also don't think he could ever be successful as a leader. My views on defence needs about fifty paragraphs to explain so;
    I will leave that for another day. If I get enough PM's DEMANDING a twenty page synopsis it will follow. Breath in.... I'm holding my breath.

Blanco

Quote from: HatterDon on August 14, 2015, 10:57:29 PM
You're all acting like he's just now gotten a chance to play. Prior to this season he had about 150 senior appearances, not to mention 18 full England caps.

The truth is that he's been a much better than average player from the day he joined United. This season will be the 3rd full season where he's a key component in their defense. Everybody loved the kid until Roy sold him to SAF. From that moment, for many on here, he became crap -- a great swindle on Ferguson -- and a good lesson in why young talented players shouldn't leave Fulham for bigger clubs.

No one said that. Everyone knows how much he's played. He's unbelievably lucky to be a starting defender for Man United on that salary. He is playing with guys way out of his league. Didn't see him play last night and he didn't stand out for me against Spurs. I guess he must be inproving since last season and before that he was awful and out of his depth.

filham

Sounds as though there is no chance of bringing Smalling back to the Cottage to solve our back four problem. Well not for ten years or so.

Holders

When he was with us I tipped him on one of the fora as a future England captain. I was sticking my neck out then and I probably still am now but I stand by that. Time will tell.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Skatzoffc

I spoke to a number of Man U fans when they bought him from us.
I told them he was the new Ferdinand. I stand by that as well.

Now he is playing in the CB role he is much more comfortable. Because of the number of quality CBs Utd had he was played at RB for ages.

He is a competent RB but a much stronger CB.
He will play for England alongside Cahill imo.
He will be the regular captain of Man Utd before long too imo.

A class act coming into his own now, but I for one never doubted it would happen.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

BedsFFC

Contrary to an earlier post, I didn't think he was great and then said he was crap when United bought him. I genuinely thought he wouldn't make it.

I saw him a few times for Fulham and he seemed spatially unaware, clumsy and frightened.

I looked at him last season and he doesn't seem to want the ball and not sure what to do when he gets it.

As I said, my pal went to United last week and said he was a class defender.

I don't really have any feelings for the lad, he wasn't from our youth set up and didn't really play much. Hopefully we have some clause written in and if Real Madrid buy him for £50m we get a big chunk

Blanco

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 15, 2015, 11:36:06 AM
Hopefully we have some clause written in and if Real Madrid buy him for £50m we get a big chunk

064.gif