watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How long will Kit get?

Started by Rudolph, August 17, 2015, 12:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889 mkII

If we lose to Huddersfield it would be very difficult to see him lasting until Rotherham....

Just a feeling about the way the club seems to have regathered itself after relegation and it's radio silence following the game makes a little alarm bell in my mind go off that the result last night has been noted and the clock is ticking....
@OsmithFFC

f321ffc

Simple answer to this question is , TOO LONG.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Riversider

Lose to both Huddersfield and Sheffield United and he is gone no two ways about it,
Draw with Huddersfield and lose to Sheffield United and there is every chance that he goes next Wednesday.
Dead man walking.

Logicalman

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 20, 2015, 11:15:28 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 20, 2015, 10:59:40 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 19, 2015, 10:08:14 PM
He's already had 6 months too long. Might Aswell keep him on as he has assembled a mediocre squad. Surviving a relegation scrap under kit will be more exciting than finishing 12 under a better manager

He has had 3 games with his own team and the window is still open, please give it a rest about 6 months ! :dft007:

Magath only had 7 games last year and had more of a "defence" in that he was trying (foolishly) to play as many of our our younger players as he could whilst integrating the new signings.  Nothing Kit has done so far this season suggests it will be any different to last, and he doesn't even have the excuse of blooding inexperienced players.

With respect, taking the start of the season on it's own merits when we speak about FM is a little narrow in perspective. The guy got 7 games because he managed to get us relegated (with a ton of help from Jol) and then gutted the team with some new-age thinking which included cheese! He was the main contributor to his own downfall, the results (or lack of them) just added a couple more layers on top of the dodgy foundations he has erected.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Logicalman on August 20, 2015, 01:07:24 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 20, 2015, 11:15:28 AM
He's already had 6 months too long. Might Aswell keep him on as he has assembled a mediocre squad. Surviving a relegation scrap under kit will be more exciting than finishing 12 under a better manager

He has had 3 games with his own team and the window is still open, please give it a rest about 6 months ! :dft007:

Magath only had 7 games last year and had more of a "defence" in that he was trying (foolishly) to play as many of our our younger players as he could whilst integrating the new signings.  Nothing Kit has done so far this season suggests it will be any different to last, and he doesn't even have the excuse of blooding inexperienced players.

With respect, taking the start of the season on it's own merits when we speak about FM is a little narrow in perspective. The guy got 7 games because he managed to get us relegated (with a ton of help from Jol) and then gutted the team with some new-age thinking which included cheese! He was the main contributor to his own downfall, the results (or lack of them) just added a couple more layers on top of the dodgy foundations he has erected.

The "gutting" of the team needed to happen though - not as extremely as it was, but there are probably only 3 maybe 4 players that could have been kept and on a decent wage that would have made any real difference to us last year - but it should have been done over the course of the last 3 years.  I'm not gonna defend Magath, he was awful, but Kit really is doing no better - yet he has a better and more consistent squad.

If anything, doing equally poorly in less tumultuous circumstances is even more damning.

mike_corkcity12

He has the next 3 games. After that he will be a goner. International break to get someone in.

Horsfield_No9

He will be here until Christmas. If we are in the bottom 3 at that time he might go. If we are around 16th/17th at that time he will get the whole season.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

FulhamStu

Kit has had nearly 2 transfer windows and our defence is not improved from its awfulness of 12 months ago.  That in itself is enough to fire him in my books.  The goals we gave away last night were a disgrace.

fulhamben

why, he was poor last season and he has been poor this season. What should be given a rest is all those saying he has only had 3 games, he hasn't he has had over 50, he is just a crap manager
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on August 17, 2015, 05:32:58 PM
Too early to have this sort of talk in my view. The season has only just begun, there are still new signings to integrate, etc.

Clearly if Kit does a Felix with no wins in the first 8 matches then the exit door may well be beckoning. I can't see this happening though, I can see us picking up a few wins in the first 10 games.

Kiss of death? I hope not...

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on August 20, 2015, 01:02:08 PM
Lose to both Huddersfield and Sheffield United and he is gone no two ways about it,
Draw with Huddersfield and lose to Sheffield United and there is every chance that he goes next Wednesday.
Dead man walking.

Depending on the teams reaction to our set back last night, and the team selection, there is every possibility, that we could get through unbeaten in both matches. But of course the performances could improve, or maybe not. If we avoid defeat in both matches, he may get a stay of execution, however, if we end up Losing again, then I cannot see the justification of prolonging the agony, at least for the supporters sake.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2015, 08:04:01 PM
Dead man walking.

Depending on the teams reaction to our set back last night, and the team selection, there is every possibility, that we could get through unbeaten in both matches. But of course the performances could improve, or maybe not. If we avoid defeat in both matches, he may get a stay of execution, however, if we end up Losing again, then I cannot see the justification of prolonging the agony, at least for the supporters sake.
I fully expect us to win both. It's the manner of the win,that I will be paying close attention too. Two of our easiest games on paper, got to start looking more like a team
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tony

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2015, 08:08:25 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2015, 08:04:01 PM
Dead man walking.

I fully expect us to win both. It's the manner of the win,that I will be paying close attention too. Two of our easiest games on paper, got to start looking more like a team
I agree that the most important thing is to play like a team that is capable of winning matches, even if some of the games end in defeat. Playing badly but winning is not a long term solution to getting promoted.
Unless my memory has gone in my old age, I thought that Kit was given a contract only to the end of this season. Now I know contracts are not worth the paper they are written on, but unless he achieves a play off spot, I cannot see that contract being extended.
So I predict he will be gone, at the latest by the end of this season (and if he does stay until then , being an optimist, I expect us to be mid table).
And he can walk away claiming that he did build some foundations. Whether you believe that of course is up to you. 

Twig

Unless we win the next two games then I will have to cease being rational, patient and reasonable.  I may have to give up and agree that, very very sadly, Kit just does not seem to learn and adapt.

It's up to you Kit, ffs let's play with some freedom and adventure.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: jimmyc19 on August 17, 2015, 12:41:53 PM
Think he may get until Christmas

With good behaviour, he will be out in three months. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2015, 09:45:09 PM
Quote from: jimmyc19 on August 17, 2015, 12:41:53 PM
Think he may get until Christmas

With good behaviour, he will be out in three months. 
064.gif
You do tickle me woolly!
Don't stop - I like it!

DeuceBigelow

1 more loss in the next week and this site will go nuts...
Riverside Block W

davew

Quote from: DeuceBigelow on August 20, 2015, 10:37:12 PM
1 more loss in the next week and this site will go nuts...
Well at least we haven't got to wait long!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)