watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan

Started by The Rock, August 20, 2015, 12:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

So the summer transfer Kitty looks about (£5m) to (10£m). I guess you add Roberts and it's really twice that.

I am really surprised everyone blames Kit.

I beg of everyone here, open your eyes. I won't be blinded by the truth. Shahid Khan is the owner of this club and 100% responsible.

God The Mechanic

So you honestly think that if Khan sells up, and nothing else changes, Kit all of a sudden becomes a better manager?

love4ffc

Think this is a bit harsh on Khan.  Yes Khan could spend more money but not sure that is our answer right now. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

J.Perkins

Quote from: The Rock on August 20, 2015, 12:20:03 AM
So the summer transfer Kitty looks about (£5m) to (10£m). I guess you add Roberts and it's really twice that.

I am really surprised everyone blames Kit.

I beg of everyone here, open your eyes. I won't be blinded by the truth. Shahid Khan is the owner of this club and 100% responsible.

What an absolutely moronic comment. I urge people just to ignore this post, as it is just not worth the hassle.

valdeingruo

Because   the previous   chairman helped start the rot ?  Not investing  in the Club after the Europa  final. Trust me, I amay grateful  for everything MAF  did,  without  him we would  have either gone bust or never seen Premiership  football. It is partially   down  to his lack of funding that we are where we are today. The myth that KHan is unwilling  to spend can be dissolved  with McCormack  and Mitoglu  alone.

I ask you this, who will you name as the replacement party?

I hear the Venkys  and Tans of this world want a new venture .
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Horse

The only thing I blame Khan for is not getting rid of Symons the moment it became obvious he had no clue what he was doing.

He probably felt it was right to let him stay till the end of last season but should have let him go in the off season since he has never shown any ability to get us promoted to anyone other then a handful of delusional fulham supporters, the type who thought Mitroglou was going to play Championship football this season and that Roberts was better off staying at Fulham.

Texas White

Quote from: Horse on August 20, 2015, 02:55:18 AM
The only thing I blame Khan for is not getting rid of Symons the moment it became obvious he had no clue what he was doing.

He probably felt it was right to let him stay till the end of last season but should have let him go in the off season since he has never shown any ability to get us promoted to anyone other then a handful of delusional fulham supporters, the type who thought Mitroglou was going to play Championship football this season and that Roberts was better off staying at Fulham.

Exactly

Baws

I don't think you can blame Shahid Khan for the start to the season, he doesn't pick the team (at least I don't think he does), he doesn't do the team talk and he doesn't make substitutions.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Baws on August 20, 2015, 10:10:43 AM
I don't think you can blame Shahid Khan for the start to the season, he doesn't pick the team (at least I don't think he does), he doesn't do the team talk and he doesn't make substitutions.

Hey, his manager doesn't make substitutions either. Everyone's on the same page!

Reznor

Quote from: andersons11 on August 20, 2015, 01:33:35 AM
Because   the previous   chairman helped start the rot ?  Not investing  in the Club after the Europa  final. Trust me, I amay grateful  for everything MAF  did,  without  him we would  have either gone bust or never seen Premiership  football. It is partially   down  to his lack of funding that we are where we are today. The myth that KHan is unwilling  to spend can be dissolved  with McCormack  and Mitoglu  alone.

Not this again. There are people who will blame Mo 20 years from now.

The Rock

Quote from: Texas White on August 20, 2015, 03:18:14 AM
Quote from: Horse on August 20, 2015, 02:55:18 AM

Exactly

Yes, a valid take. Everyone can go ahead and slag me for my narrow vision, but the way I see it, Khan is Kit's boss. It starts at the top is my argument. In 10 years time will we still be complaining that it's MAF's fleecing responsible for our position?

The Rock

And sorry for the offensive original title to anyone I offended. Please make it read "Not a very good owner" thanks.

Fulham76

Because   the previous   chairman helped start the rot ?  Not investing  in the Club after the Europa  final. Trust me, I amay grateful  for everything MAF  did,  without  him we would  have either gone bust or never seen Premiership  football. It is partially   down  to his lack of funding that we are where we are today. The myth that KHan is unwilling  to spend can be dissolved  with McCormack  and Mitoglu  alone.

Crazy comments about MAF!! In his last season or so he brought in Ruiz & one of the top premier league strikers, Berbatov, as well as covering the huge ongoing losses personally to keep the club afloat. Oh, & he sold us debt free. What a crap owner!!

Out of interest, do you blame Alex Ferguson for David Moyes management record at Man Utd?

The running of the club is down to Kahn now & he's had over 2 years in charge to turn things around. That said, it's not Kahn's fault for our start to the season. Symons is the one telling the players not to attack for the 1st 45 mins.

Chutney

Everyone, from the owners, to the management, to the players are to blame. There is something fundamentally wrong within the club.
C O Y W

mike_corkcity12

Khan & Mackintosh, , the scouts, the managers and the players have all contributed to our demise.

Khan "will do anything he can to get us promoted". HA!

Deeping_white

Why do people persistenly bash Khan? It's actually becoming a bit sad now how regardless of what he does, he takes loads of flak for it. To all the fans moaning about the lack of investment, look at Blackpool. Would you rather have an owner who asset strips the club instead? You don't know that he isn't willing to invest money, because regardless of what you read, you're not reliably informed, and more often than not, those who claim to be ITK are making up rumours for one reason or another.

Yes you could argue he's made a mistake by not sacking Kit sooner, and arguably Kit is now treading on very thin ice, but considering we've spent money on transfers, we've got another impending signing in Tim Ream, and we're actively looking to sign more players if reports are correct, then you can't say he's not putting money into the club. Yes we haven't signed the much needed Centre Back yet or a striker, but it's not as simple as just putting in a bid and signing players so if you're going to judge him on his investment in this transfer window, or lack thereof then please wait until the window shuts.

The Rock

I don't claim to be itk at all, I am judging by what I have seen since his arrival and how he's reacted to it.

Fair point waiting on the transfer window to close though to reserve final judgement. There is a long list of problems that makes his statements like stopping just short of promising promotion last year silly and basically a lie.

I'd respect him and stop bashing him if he came clean about what his real intentions are with the club. Don't have Kit (stay) and say promotion is the goal and go straight to bottom of the table!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

If he has given control of all things football to Mike Rigg and Kit Symons, which I suspect is the case.
It is probable that they have said they are happy with the players already signed + 1 or 2 more and they will achieve the target defined by Mr Khan.
It doesn't matter whether the opinion is that Mitro was never going to play in the CS or not, we own his
contract and he should have been told he was staying, for now, see what he does.  If he's not a sulker he would have gotten on with it and it doesn't seem like he was a disruption (from comments on here)
Those are the sort of iffy decisions with perhaps a touch of arrogance thrown in that are one of the overall problems.  
And then comments like "We have shown we can play football" or something like that.
Football is a 94/95 minute game.
Mr Khan bashing is ridiculous, but I'm sure he's not a happy bunny at the moment and it may well 'develop' quite soon.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

snarks

Quote from: Reznor on August 20, 2015, 10:34:31 AM
Because   the previous   chairman helped start the rot ?  Not investing  in the Club after the Europa  final. Trust me, I amay grateful  for everything MAF  did,  without  him we would  have either gone bust or never seen Premiership  football. It is partially   down  to his lack of funding that we are where we are today. The myth that KHan is unwilling  to spend can be dissolved  with McCormack  and Mitoglu  alone.

I hear the Venkys  and Tans of this world want a new venture .

Not this again. There are people who will blame Mo 20 years from now.

But that's the problem isn't it, people blame khan for the position the club is in. Unfairly in my view never once have I read or heard anywhere that he has refused to buy a player because of the fee. Yet he clearly inherited a club with an over reliance on older premiership players. So why is that, you can blame managers for their choices or MAF for his investment, some look at the lack of investment for the last 2 years and point fingers at Mo, I can see that  even though without him it would probably be something like "Fulham (1992) ltd playing in the vauxhall conference south.

WayneKerrins

There are approximately 12 (seemingly genuine) Fulham fans who are defending Khan.
The facts we all know are:
1) he said he would do what it takes to take us back to the Prem
2) he said it wasn't always about balancing the books
3) in his December program notes he said the role of the academy was to stock the first team
4) in May he said there was a lot of work to be done on the squad to get it ready for "the start" of the season ( note not 1st Sept)
5) in the last 3 windows we are comfortably in transfer surplus..he hasnt put another dime in.
6) the jags have the biggest headroom on the NFL salary cap and a woeful record under Khans tenure.
7) he backed the decision to keep Kit despite about as near consensus ever seen from the fan base that he wasn't remotely the best man for the job
8) at time of writing our midfield is much improved if still unbalanced, our Defence and attack are much worse/slightly worse than the one that was close to relegation.
9) MJG has been told in his meetings with the club that 'make no mistake Mr Khan expects a top 6 finish.

Now for my opinion, given 1-9 how can so many posters who support our club not see that criticism of Khan's disastrous stewardship is warranted?
He is a self styled, voluntary, custodian who is presiding over a debacle. The current squad under the current manager haven't a snowballs chance in hell of making the play offs.
For the sake of a fraction of a % of his net worth he could bring in 3 players to make us genuine contenders whilst still complying with FFP. But here we are 3 games in with 1 point and 5 points at least spunked by fielding some of the same hapless defenders as last season and one whom wasn't even good enough to get into that defence is now playing on the wrong flank.
Given this and rooting this in the context of 1-9 how can anyone seriously be surprised that Khan is the subject of sustained criticism from many fans?
I mean seriously what don't you get?