Jean Tigana
13 (9.8%)
Lee Clarke
4 (3%)
Other (Name)
14 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 132

FFC Sydney

We need Roy Keane. Team needs to grow balls.

Birmingham White

Texas White

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 20, 2015, 11:22:26 AM
Leave Kit at it for the season. He's a nice guy.

He may be nice and he may love Fulhams, but leadership capabilities for grown ups is a necessary attribute...

MJG

Hate to say it but only one option if we want to go up this season is Big Sam.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Burt

The age-old problem is surfacing its head here so be careful what you wish for...

Removing one manager leads to the headache of who next, and when you look in to it there are not a lot of attractive alternatives there.

I am not saying this as part of a "Kit In" crusade, as I do think change is needed, but if we replace with someone else who is not much better then we will end up with having had more managers in the last 3 seasons than I have had hot dinners.

os5889 mkII

Quote from: Burt on August 20, 2015, 02:54:38 PM
The age-old problem is surfacing its head here so be careful what you wish for...

Removing one manager leads to the headache of who next, and when you look in to it there are not a lot of attractive alternatives there.

I am not saying this as part of a "Kit In" crusade, as I do think change is needed, but if we replace with someone else who is not much better then we will end up with having had more managers in the last 3 seasons than I have had hot dinners.

This is true and there's always the "victim" on changing manager - notably Hyndman/David under Kit. Who would it be this time??

Conversely there's a "hero" restored to the fold to show the manager is changing things - notably Hyndman can fit this bill and a certain 12 foot special one centre half.
@OsmithFFC

Fulham Chaz

I'd opt for Big Sam out of the obviously available managers.

His style of football may not be the most attractive but he creates winning teams - especially at Championship Level - and that alone will be refreshing and enjoyable at the minute.

Plus, I think I know who I'd rather play for if I was in the position of the players. Nothing Kit has said or done has inspired me one bit in his press conferences or interviews and maybe (just maybe) his motivational skills are the reason we are struggling to start matches. I just get the impression that he also believes deep down that he is out of his depth and this could well be rubbing off on the players.

One thing for certain is each time we change our manager the next appointment becomes even more important than the last and although Sam Allardyce may not be everyone's first choice I do genuinely believe that he would improve the team and the club and at the moment that has to be our short to mid term goal. All this talk of promotion and play offs are totally naive right now - could you imagine this team (both management and players) playing away at the Emirates, Old Trafford etc; even a trip to West Ham (still predominantly Big Sam's players) makes me shudder.

Kit has done his best and his intentions are not to fail but after a bright start to save us from Magath last season I now fear that we have taken one step forward and two steps back and although performances have been good in parts of games this season I genuinely fear that we are going to take a hiding soon and we all know confidence is a very fragile thing!

There's lots of talk on us bidding fees in the region of £5-10m on players like Dunk, Gayle etc and whilst I think they are required to improve the side I wonder if it is worth spending extra on a good manager on a 12 month rolling contract instead.

Still, I will be there cheering them on Saturday....

simplyfulham

I don't agree with the short-term option of Allerdyce at all.

For me it's Person, O'Driscoll or Hodgson. Although there are a few other good options that people have suggested as well who aren't on the list in the topic.

Ron91

Nigel Pearson would be our best option IMO plays with character and passion and brought the best out of some average players at Leicester.

David Allen Crankshaw

Apart from Danny Murphy all the others have been sacked. Some have been dismissed on multiple occasions. Kit will be successful with our club. Wait until Christmas before making a proper judgement.

fulhamben

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on August 20, 2015, 04:14:30 PM
Apart from Danny Murphy all the others have been sacked. Some have been dismissed on multiple occasions. Kit will be successful with our club. Wait until Christmas before making a proper judgement.
a year and a half to judge? Not many managers in this day and age get that luxury.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sheepskin Junior

At the moment, 97 votes, 54 for big Sam
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

MJG

Virtually every manager gets sacked at some time. You need to look why they were sacked before making a decision based just on that action.

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: MJG on August 20, 2015, 04:17:54 PM
Virtually every manager gets sacked at some time. You need to look why they were sacked before making a decision based just on that action.

Di Matteo was sacked from Chelsea after winning the Champions League!

@LouieJW2507

Horsfield_No9

I met Di Matteo at Craven Cottage the season we went down (against Villa I think?) He was a very nice man.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

beijing ben

Who would actually take the job? Not sure Allardyce would. I would guess he would wait for a premiership job to become available..

aaronmcguigan

Job would be perfect for big Sam. He's always bigging himself up and saying how great he is, and to be fair we would be feeding his ego here, as I genuinely believe with one or two signings, no team is miles ahead of us. We just need experience and someone to make the calls at the right moment, and put the right jigsaw pieces in the right places

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on August 20, 2015, 05:24:38 PM
Job would be perfect for big Sam. He's always bigging himself up and saying how great he is, and to be fair we would be feeding his ego here, as I genuinely believe with one or two signings, no team is miles ahead of us. We just need experience and someone to make the calls at the right moment, and put the right jigsaw pieces in the right places
Thought Carver was 'the best coach in England'

@LouieJW2507

Buffalo76

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 20, 2015, 04:35:03 PM
I met Di Matteo at Craven Cottage the season we went down (against Villa I think?) He was a very nice man.

My dad's a very nice man as well but that doesn't mean I want him to be Fulham manager.
That's it and that's all.