more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sanchez, Magath or Symons.

Started by fcfulham55, August 19, 2015, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Who'd be worse?

Imagine their best starting line ups against each other in a mini league. Along with their obvious poor management antics.

Long balls up to Healey.
Unfit over weight players.
Idiotic tactical decisions.
Last minute goals against. (Therefore, for. Lol)
Can go on and on....

Sunday league football.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Craven Mad

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 19, 2015, 10:21:09 PM
I want Rene back...
When you see what we have suffered since it does suggest we may have pulled the trigger too quickly but he has not resurfaced succesfully anywhere else tho has he?
Quark, strangeness and charm

Chutney

we've been blessed with some truly awful managers in recent years.... The board need to realise how much this club means to the fans and start taking the recruitment way more seriously.
C O Y W

fcfulham55

I have to agree... The board have done a tremendous job at seeking some right f#@king prats in recent years.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

God The Mechanic

Rene had 3 wins in 13 games - we got battered by Hull and Sunderland, embarrassed by Sheff United and his biggest selling point was the two games against Man Utd and Liverpool when we had 37 defensive players on the field and still only manages to get 1 point from the two games.  His reign may have been marginally better than some of the others, but nothing he was doing suggested we were likely to stay up nor that he knew what he was doing.  We even dropped two places from 18th to 20th in his reign.  He was basically Kit.

The revisionism of his reign is bizarre.

Ron91

Would love Big Sam as next manager.

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Craven Mad

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 19, 2015, 10:22:44 PM
I want Rene back...
When you see what we have suffered since it does suggest we may have pulled the trigger too quickly but he has not resurfaced succesfully anywhere else tho has he?

I think his CV was practically ruined by us, which is why I don't think other teams are interested, but I'd have him back in a shot. His counter-attacking style of football would do well for us in the Championship.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 19, 2015, 10:35:50 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 19, 2015, 10:22:44 PM
I want Rene back...

I think his CV was practically ruined by us, which is why I don't think other teams are interested, but I'd have him back in a shot. His counter-attacking style of football would do well for us in the Championship.

It really wasn't ruined by us.  Do you not remember the warnings when he was appointed?  His only previous managerial stint was at Brondby, where he asked his players to imagine they were animals before a UEFA Cup game which they went on to lose 4-0 and had two players sent off.  He only lasted 6 months of a 3 year contract.  From all accounts he is a tremendous coach, but he is nowhere near a manager. And that's not on us.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 19, 2015, 10:33:19 PM
Quote from: Ron91 on August 19, 2015, 10:30:46 PM

Second that!

Third. Proven. Experienced and has a pull for some decent players.

@jolslover

But Big Sam just plays longball football, and will demand a large contract, is that really something we want? Would rather have someone come in who has something to prove that can get us playing good football and can pick us some talent from the overseas markets
STH H3

Horse

How can you even put Magath in amongst those other two? He won the bundesliga two or three times with different teams. Yes he has a style that may not really work outside the german leagues, but he has a proven track record as an astute manager.

Arthur

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 19, 2015, 10:35:50 PM
I think his CV was practically ruined by us, which is why I don't think other teams are interested,

Meulensteen's league record was 3 wins, 1 draw and 9 defeats with 34 (yes, 34) goals conceded.

It was, in fact, an identical record to Jol's. Rene would have known full well that he had to do better than this. He clearly thought that he could. It can't even be argued that he was taken by surprise by what he found as he'd already spent a few weeks working with the squad before Jol was sacked.

For me, he ruined his own CV. It would seem that other PL clubs see it the same way.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 19, 2015, 11:44:49 PM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 19, 2015, 10:33:19 PM
Quote from: Ron91 on August 19, 2015, 10:30:46 PM

Second that!

Third. Proven. Experienced and has a pull for some decent players.

amazing isn't it.  i suggested that a few years ago on here and the majority view was that we didn't want his style of football here. how time seems to change people perceptions

i would still like sam here. good style or not, we need points on the board and i want to see us as contenders.

Ron91

To be fair his style of play is long ball but he can push the team forward and actually manage. Symons plan is to keep passing to Hutch and hoof it to Matt Smith who flicks it on to Casper the friendly ghost.

Skatzoffc

The only thing we are contenders for with Kit "we were a bit unlucky" Symons is relegation.

Kit out now!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alfie

I don't recall big Sam playing long ball at Wham, you play to strengths of the players you have available, the man knows his business.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dgnffc

Interesting that in a recent interview Jazz Richards said that one of the selling points that persuaded him to join was the Symonds wanted to play in the Swansea style.

Can't say I've seen too much of that yet, apart from maybe the Crystal Palace friendly?

Skatzoffc

Quote from: dgnffc on August 20, 2015, 08:59:17 AM
Interesting that in a recent interview Jazz Richards said that one of the selling points that persuaded him to join was the Symonds wanted to play in the Swansea style.

Can't say I've seen too much of that yet, apart from maybe the Crystal Palace friendly?

Yes Good point Jazz

Unfortunately Swansea have a Manager and coaches instead of a PE teacher running their team.
:005:

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !