Previous topic - Next topic

os5889 mkII

@OsmithFFC

Northern Cottager

Quote from: os5889 mkII on August 21, 2015, 11:17:50 PM
Quote from: leonffc on August 21, 2015, 10:17:23 PM
Taggart? Oh wait, he's always a week away from fitness isn't he

And he played for the U21's tonight...

Don't think Taggart will ever make it for the first team, a little unlucky perhaps .

davew

Quote from: colinwhite on August 21, 2015, 09:16:52 PM
Dave , when smithy went off  our midfielders were forced to hold onto the ball and play the ball on the ground . Moussa also ran the channels and with his mobility could run down balls .He didn't in himself do a great deal , but the result nonetheless was that we were much more fluid in our play.
The midfielders were forced to play in different way , you choose to see that as purely more commitment from them , either way it changed how we played .
Oh come on please, yes I noticed the difference except Moussa is not a game changer (at the moment), in time I think he will be a great player.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: davew on August 21, 2015, 11:21:13 PM
Dave , when smithy went off  our midfielders were forced to hold onto the ball and play the ball on the ground . Moussa also ran the channels and with his mobility could run down balls .He didn't in himself do a great deal , but the result nonetheless was that we were much more fluid in our play.
The midfielders were forced to play in different way , you choose to see that as purely more commitment from them , either way it changed how we played .
Oh come on please, yes I noticed the difference except Moussa is not a game changer (at the moment), in time I think he will be a great player.

For someone else?

colinwhite

Moussa might not be a game changer , but smith going off was . It changed our whole approach .

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: colinwhite on August 21, 2015, 11:44:46 PM

Moussa might not be a game changer , but smith going off was . It changed our whole approach .

Also Ross can't play with Woodrow. The take up the same space and do much of the same thing. Woodrow never seems to add goals, Ross will if not so far. Dembele stretches their defence if nothing else. I think he will do well for us in smiths absence. I didn't last season, but I've seen more in him in the glimpses this season.

H4usuallysitting

I'd play Moussa & Woodrow up front with Ross in the hole.....Moussa and Woodrow know each others game and have bags of energy between them

grandad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2015, 02:01:01 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 22, 2015, 12:54:53 AM
I'd play Moussa & Woodrow up front with Ross in the hole.....Moussa and Woodrow know each others game and have bags of energy between them

Yes that would be a better partnership.

Isn´t that the dreaded Diamond?
Where there's a will there's a wife