more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man of the Match scores Huddersfield

Started by MJG, August 22, 2015, 05:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Quote from: MJG on August 23, 2015, 09:32:33 PM
I gave my highest score to Lonergan but anyway we had over 240 take part this weekend so sorry if you missed the chance to vote but I had to get it on the site earlier than usual.
Usual full weekend timescale should be back next weekend.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

No problem, i was just busy today. Keep up the good work  065.gif

GrahamG

O'Hara was definitely the best outfield player by a million miles. The inexplicable result is the one for Ross; How was it so high?

nose

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 23, 2015, 09:05:48 PM
Quote from: nose on August 23, 2015, 09:02:20 PM
how was it possible that o'hara was man of the match?
he certainly knows how to pass the ball but that was the first game i have seen this season and the biggest disapointment was o'hara. he was slow in possesion and generally picked the wrong ball too late. if he was really our best player yesterday (and I do not think he was) then that speaks volumes for how poor we were.
he needs to m,ove the ball much faster and play the ball first time more often IMO. I know he is a good player and that showed, i just happen to think his performance was not all that yesteday.

Lol that you say that O'Hara was the disappointment, when McCormack, Bodurov and Kacaniklic were all on the pitch.

i didm't say he was poor or the worst player but from what i had heard i expected far mpre and if people think that sucha ponderous lack lustre performance merited MoM that is their opinion.

What i saw was a player holding the ball far too long, and not really finding a meaningful pass all afternoon. I am sure he will do better but that was way off MoM.

I thought Kaka's contribution was schoolboy dreadful and was supised he lasted so long, ross was clearly out of position and doesn't seem to know if he should ignore kit and do what is right or play where he is told. ross should lead the line. Boudrov played well and alongside burn is our best center back partnership, we should persevere with it.

Riverside

MJG keep these going .

A real reflection of players efforts and effectiveness .

Kit of course needs to take responsibility but so do the players . Some like Ross need to take a good look in the mirror ( personally I would drop him for Woodrow to give him reflection time )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burt

I thought Moussa put a good shift in, although he did fade as the match progressed...

J.Perkins

Quote from: nose on August 23, 2015, 10:11:17 PM
he certainly knows how to pass the ball but that was the first game i have seen this season and the biggest disapointment was o'hara. he was slow in possesion and generally picked the wrong ball too late. if he was really our best player yesterday (and I do not think he was) then that speaks volumes for how poor we were.
he needs to m,ove the ball much faster and play the ball first time more often IMO. I know he is a good player and that showed, i just happen to think his performance was not all that yesteday.

Lol that you say that O'Hara was the disappointment, when McCormack, Bodurov and Kacaniklic were all on the pitch.

i didm't say he was poor or the worst player but from what i had heard i expected far mpre and if people think that sucha ponderous lack lustre performance merited MoM that is their opinion.

What i saw was a player holding the ball far too long, and not really finding a meaningful pass all afternoon. I am sure he will do better but that was way off MoM.

I thought Kaka's contribution was schoolboy dreadful and was supised he lasted so long, ross was clearly out of position and doesn't seem to know if he should ignore kit and do what is right or play where he is told. ross should lead the line. Boudrov played well and alongside burn is our best center back partnership, we should persevere with it.

Hutchinson has been the second best performer this season, behind O'Hara IMO, and is the first choice CB for me. Who partners him is between Burn and Ream. Bodurov should be back up and no more.

Plus, with regards to O'Hara, he is running that midfield on his own. Cairney is wasted out wide, and LVC just can't seem to get really into the game atm. I understand that this wasn't O'Haras best game, but if you had seen previous, you'd realise how good he's been.

simplyfulham

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 23, 2015, 11:28:06 PM
Hutchinson has been the second best performer this season, behind O'Hara IMO, and is the first choice CB for me. Who partners him is between Burn and Ream. Bodurov should be back up and no more.

Plus, with regards to O'Hara, he is running that midfield on his own. Cairney is wasted out wide, and LVC just can't seem to get really into the game atm. I understand that this wasn't O'Haras best game, but if you had seen previous, you'd realise how good he's been.

I do struggle to get what people see in Hutch. He's ok, but he's a bit clumsy and rash and doesn't seem to read danger quite as well as big Dan Burn.

hammertime

Why are people so blinkered about Burn, the goal on Sat was his fault, straight through his legs, then bod stood too close to him. Easy goal, Burn couldn't turn quick enough, although if there is a ball coming in high and with time he is excellent but the man to man on the ground i don't trust him. Bod has no idea what is going on ever, just does what he wants. Shame about Hutch, he has been playing well. I like his commitment and seems to want it for the team improving all the time. Looking forward to ream.

But Burn MOM on the main FFC website i don't agree with.

nose

we can all over analyse individual incidents and the goal came about from more than a single error.

There will be errors in any game. i thought burn played well and was committed.

What was wrong was the general team performance and the fact we rarely went forward and troubled them, we need to make the opposition make mistakes rather than invite them to come onto us. If we had some width and pace, if we committed players and got them to make intelligent forward runs we would do better. Burn and boudrov are not the problem.

simplyfulham

Quote from: hammertime on August 24, 2015, 10:20:48 AM
Why are people so blinkered about Burn, the goal on Sat was his fault, straight through his legs, then bod stood too close to him. Easy goal, Burn couldn't turn quick enough, although if there is a ball coming in high and with time he is excellent but the man to man on the ground i don't trust him. Bod has no idea what is going on ever, just does what he wants. Shame about Hutch, he has been playing well. I like his commitment and seems to want it for the team improving all the time. Looking forward to ream.

The goal comes a lot from Voser losing the ball and then not pressing and allowing Bunn inside and Bodurov completely losing his man and being caught out badly.

Dan Burn doesn't make any real error in the build up to the goal - and you cannot call the ball going through your legs an error.

I wouldn't have thought diving in and giving away a penalty in the 94th minute of a game is a better option.

MJG

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 24, 2015, 02:30:46 PM
Quote from: hammertime on August 24, 2015, 10:20:48 AM

The goal comes a lot from Voser losing the ball and then not pressing and allowing Bunn inside and Bodurov completely losing his man and being caught out badly.

Dan Burn doesn't make any real error in the build up to the goal - and you cannot call the ball going through your legs an error.

I wouldn't have thought diving in and giving away a penalty in the 94th minute of a game is a better option.
This

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

nose

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 23, 2015, 11:28:06 PM
Quote from: nose on August 23, 2015, 10:11:17 PM

That was the point, he may have been brilliant before but to me that wasn't MoM stuff. I agree he was running the midfield, he did do some very good things but he was, to me, uninspiring on the day. As you said, not his best game to date.... we can agree to disagree about center backs.

BobbyTheBrain

All were rubbish. All will stay rubbish until us fans hurl abuse at the players, manager, staff and owners who are ok with how things are. See the attendance tomorrow Khan and pull your finger out because people are not accepting the hellhole you've turned the club into.
It's not fair to flair.

Whitesideup

Quote from: BobbyTheBrain on August 24, 2015, 04:49:25 PM
All were rubbish. All will stay rubbish until us fans hurl abuse at the players, manager, staff and owners who are ok with how things are. See the attendance tomorrow Khan and pull your finger out because people are not accepting the hellhole you've turned the club into.
All rubbish? I don't agree. Too easy to say. Lonergan and O'Hara were decent. Dembele not too bad though touch let him down a couple of times. Burn not bad at the back either.. I don't think he was responsible for the goal. Richards largely ok .. was strong in the air, and nothing much happened down his side. Maybe we could hope for a little more going forward.

Hardly Khan's fault though. He listened to his mini-committee and frankly a lot of the fans in the choice of Kit. Kit is being given time .. he does not appear to be making great use of it as yet. Nor do I hear comments from him that lead me to think he is working on the things we lack. As someone mentioned .. no width or pace. Our game plan is to try and play through the middle all the time, which is too easy for teams to play against. 

bill taylors apprentice

These kind of topics amaze me when I read the differing views on player performances.

They say its a funny old game and how people see things so differently confirms that.

Obviously my own views on player performance are beyond reproach.

I missed the vote but would have voted Lonergan with O'hara next.