watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Given yesterday evening’s results….

Started by love4ffc, August 26, 2015, 07:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

I am interested to hear what folks think would be your first XI going into our next game.  I have not seen one game live this season and watching the replays or televised games does not allow for one to see how all the players are moving off the ball. 

Sounds like Ream and Burn did well.  All be it that it was against a lower division reserve team.  Not so sure about our outside backs though.  Can't say I'm really happy with Jazz or Voser but don't really see any other options for us at this time. 

Lots of midfield options.  Doesn't sound like many of them are technical enough to take players on though.  Also not sure they are all in the right places except for O'Hara.  Having no real wingers is worrying which makes me think we will need to play more of a passing game.  One that is constantly propping and looking for ways through the defense. 

Attacking options are there but need to be honed and vastly improved.  Like many I would really like to see Ross playing in the slot lurking pressing like Dempsey did for us. 

So where does that leave us for a starting XI and formation?   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MJG

The biggest choice Kit will have is the CB pairing.
Midfield and forward wise I reckon it will be Pringle, LVC, O'hara, Cairney, Dembele and McCormack. Tunniclffe did well and only change could  be to replace LVC with him.
Richards and Voser I suspect will keep places. I would keep Ream and Burn,  but if Hutchinson is fit expect him to replace Burn as that's  Symons trait.
Could be argued Ream could play left back,  but let's keep him in the middle for the moment.