Previous topic - Next topic

res

Quote from: nose on August 26, 2015, 12:09:50 AM
Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on August 26, 2015, 12:00:14 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 25, 2015, 11:38:09 PM
Quote from: nose on August 25, 2015, 11:32:33 PM
dembele was barely worth zero
he was dreadful, no touch no technique, lazy
i never heard a single person in the ground who thought he should start the second half and he just got worse as it went on.... how in heavens name did you give him virtually the same as ross..... i am genuinely dumbfounded
Are you being serious or taking the mick?

Dembele did everything right apart from his shooting really, just look at the chances he created, he never gave up, his pace was a constant threat and the goals will come with the amount of chances he created.

I will not fall out with you but i totally disagree, he lost possesion endlessly, never closed down properly, is a bit lazy, and rarely uses his pace to effect. the only time he seemed to come to life was when the game was won and they were down to 10 men, he only scored when they had 9 and that was hardly a great goal.

he should be coming off the bench not starting, he is way to inexperienced and it shows

This Board was full of posts a couple of weeks ago bemoaning the non playing of Dembele and how that was going to leave him going elsewhere. Now he's playing everyone (including those who were saying how short sighted it is to not play him) is bemoaning the fact that he is playing.

Craven Mad

For me...

Best player was Tunni (so much passion and a great passing range - heart and soul of the team), worst was Voser (how did he ever play CL football?? Positionally dreadful, can't head a ball, defensively suspect).

Best of the rest were Ross (great second goal in particular and starting linking well with Moussa later on), Cairney (brief, but class), Lonergan (not that he had much to do, but made some decent saves, particularly early in the first half), Ream (good debut) and Burn (a proper leader).

Disappointing performances from Dembele (made some good chances but was horribly wasteful - but likely to improve), Kaca (demonstrated why he's not getting much time), and Pringle (hasn't found his form yet, but a few good games could change things).

Jazz and LVC weren't great but weren't bad either. Both capable of better.

millsy

Agree Tunnicliffe MOM yesterday and v impressed with Ream and Cairney. Thought Pringle played well too, putting in some great crosses.

Kaca, as always for me, was lightweight and LVC seems to be playing within himself, maybe due to lack of confidence after being out so long with his injuries. Needs to gradually step it up but may lose his place in first 11 in meantime.

Ross will be much better for scoring and loved the crowd support for Moussa, who kept fluffing his chances. Despite what some are saying, he does hassle defenders and on a number of occasions he dispossessed them, causing havoc. Twice in second half he beat his man to a through ball and got himself one on one. The first he slid just wide (I thought it was going in) and the second he was pulled back (second red of the evg). In the first half, He also got himself free on the left with only the keeper to beat from an angle and just missed the far post. I think he is the real deal and will come good. Hope it's with us!

J.Perkins

If you think Dembele was lazy last night, then your opinion is completely invalid.

BarryP

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 26, 2015, 05:11:23 PM
If you think Dembele was lazy last night, then your opinion is completely invalid.

No matter how strongly you disagree with another person's opinion you cannot invalidate it. Opinions are not facts.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Bill2

Not sure I can agree with your ratings overall, thought Dan Burn played well but his passing was poor and put us in some problems in the first half. Tunnicliffe was MOTM with a really energetic, aggressive and attacking play, was the first player I have seen this season who was prepared to run at the opposition, would like to see him and O'Hara. Thought LVC was poor, he isn't the same player he was before his injury, needs to toughen up a bit. When Cairney came on showed what a good player he is. Liked Ream, although was struggling when replaced and needs to get fitter. Ross had his best game this season and his second goal was class, I thought his improvement was down to Ryan T playing and making space in the middle.