watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotty Parker

Started by Robbie, August 27, 2015, 05:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

All gone very quiet.  From the club and on this board.  Do we need him any longer?  Expensive and going nowhere.

(Nice bloke, legend aside.)

YoungsBitter

Its definitely an issue for the club and I wonder what is going on too. Is he truly earning £60k a year? which I doubt, I am sure if he was with his age they would have shipped him out so I assume it had a relegation clause that dropped it down to £40k range. However the 'minor' problem with his ankle that required surgery to 'clean up prior damage' was nearly 5 months ago and he has been supposedly running on it since June.
Matilla was the final signing that said to me that he was not expected back. We have O'Hara and Tunnicliffe in his direct role with more defensive cover in Matilla, Kavanagh and Ream, and a wealth of attacking central midfield in LVC, Cairney (let alone Hindeman who is probably gone) so the question is do you pay the high wages for basically a bench player and does he want to be a super sub? Otherwise you drop our recent MotM recipients?
My gut feel is that they will offer him a coaching contract at discount to his playing contract especially if his recovery is likely to be limited. Warrior he may have been but we don't seem to have won many games with him leading the fight? I for one will not miss him slowing the game down and going round in circles on the half way line....
Quark, strangeness and charm

hovewhite

His expirence could help during the season.

bill taylors apprentice

He seems a decent bloke and I'm sure he's a positive influence around the club.

He might be a steadying hand on the pitch when called upon but frankly he's on a lot of money to be a bit part player and that's what he should be this season. 

Julius Geezer

Will be interesting when he's back.

Is a semi-fit Parker just going to walk straight back into the team?

Probably - as team captain it's almost a certainty!

But aside from his leadership qualities, he's not any better than what we have in that position now.

JoelH5

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 27, 2015, 05:54:34 PM
Its definitely an issue for the club and I wonder what is going on too. Is he truly earning £60k a year? which I doubt, I am sure if he was with his age they would have shipped him out

If he's on 60K a year, he's one of the best assets we have!! ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Jonaldiniho 88

Parker really isn't needed any more I don't think. Not a slight on the man but he wouldn't get in my starting 11. He would be handy off the bench and round the players off the pitch. We have no chance of getting him off the books with what he is earning. No one would offer him half what he is on. Once again not his fault and you can guarantee 100% from a true professional. 

fulhamben

We have ohara who is winning a lot of motm awards, and tunnicliffe who ran the show on Tuesday. Parker is not needed, especially on the wages he is on
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SouthIslandWhite

Good player but 60K per week is outrageous for someone who is in such poor health and not contributing.  His West Ham days where he actually influenced games are well and truly over.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: fulhamben on August 27, 2015, 11:33:54 PM
We have ohara who is winning a lot of motm awards, and tunnicliffe who ran the show on Tuesday. Parker is not needed, especially on the wages he is on

What you've gone off Parker? I think we agree he isn't needed but try finding a buyer on his wages. I could warm a bench for much cheaper.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 27, 2015, 11:35:40 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 27, 2015, 11:33:54 PM

What you've gone off Parker? I think we agree he isn't needed but try finding a buyer on his wages. I could warm a bench for much cheaper.
no one will have him that's for sure
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

And we know his exact salary how?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

I could see him as a player/coach.  Someone who helps coach the lads by example.  No I don't mean by showing them how to do Pirouettes in the middle of the field.  I mean by how to be a warrior and get on with the game. 

He also could be a great sub coming off the bench in a pinch.  Long season and lots of potential for injuries. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: HatterDon on August 28, 2015, 01:23:12 AM
And we know his exact salary how?

Stop baiting. No one knows but he was quoted as being on 75,000 a week. I wouldn't believe that for a second but all noises say he is very well paid. He is deemed to be the best paid player in the league. There may be no proof of it but no one has rubbished it. Silence can speak louder than sound and it's fair to assume he is one of the higher earners. He wouldn't be in my starting 11 so regardless of what he earns how many players who are leading the wage bill of thus league can't make the starting 11?