more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hello from the antipodes

Started by kiwian, August 30, 2015, 12:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwian

Hi all
I first became interested in Fulham in the late 60's (those were the days!) after reading an article about Tony Macedo making a last minute save to keep Fulham in the 1st division. I decided to follow them the following season and guess what, they were relegated, and so began my lifelong obsession with a club that provided more pain than pleasure until the golden years under MAF.
I live in Ashburton, NZ and have made 2 trips to the UK, the first in 84 when I watched them lose in the FA Cup replay against Spurs, and George Best was in attendance to present some awards. I saw 2 league games, then I returned in 2013, and watched them beat Sunderland away, and thought hmm this performance doesn't bode well. Unfortunately I was right. I also saw a friendly in Australia at the start of the wonderful Europa Cup season.  I have always loved following Fulham and much prefer to suffer and celebrate a club who have battled against many odds, it makes the successes so much better to enjoy.
I am a retired primary school principal and am enjoying the freedom of no stress (except on matchday).
I look forward to having a say as time goes on and will try to stay positive. I download the matches off the website, which is 2 days after the event and watch them "live",  so it's a struggle to not know the result for that long. My partner can work out the result just by my groans or cheers! COYWs!
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

YankeeJim

Welcome!  :down_under:

Always ready for another outcast here in the cheap neighborhood. I'm near LA and all I have to do is get up at 7am on match days and occasionally 4am when they have an early kickoff. Week night games are at noon here but you seldom get a feed. Fulham is a great team. All  you have to do is pretend that the English are the only ones who know anything about football and you'll do fine.
Again welcome!  082.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LBNo11

:down_under:

Hullo Kiwian, glad to have you on board, just for you@-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOTyoQjQXRs
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

Greetings Kiwian, good to have more 'overseas' supporters on board.

Looking forwards to your take on the game and our club from a different perspective and geographic location on the main board. Many opines provide a global view of the same thing, and that opens up all our views for the best.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

kiwian

Are there any members from NZ on here? If so I would love to hear from you.

LBNo11

...from those I remember, I think these members are from NZ:-

grimmynz
kieran_I
kiwibro
KiwiFulham
Kiwi Fulham Fan
KRE05
lamby

Not many 'active' on the MB, maybe you could PM them and try to get together..?

kiwian

Thank you, will see what happens, maybe southislandwhites as well??

LBNo11

Quote from: kiwian on September 08, 2015, 08:32:54 AM
Thank you, will see what happens, maybe southislandwhites as well??

...more than likely! lamby is from Orztrilia mind..!

kiwian