watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Prem penny power

Started by Blanco, September 04, 2015, 09:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

Quite a way off the rest of the leagues. What does this mean for the future of european football? Will the top players all end up in England?

Also, where are the italians getting their money?! :023: How are they above the Spanish. Be it by 5 million. I was surprised at how little the Germans spent.

Sgt Fulham

Its amazing how much the top teams in England spend, and they still cant really expect to win/get to the final of the Champions League.

Jonaldiniho 88

I think barcalona's transfer ban (still spent loads but not what they would usually) and real missing out on de gea, has effected la liga.

Blanco

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 04, 2015, 09:57:38 PM
I think barcalona's transfer ban (still spent loads but not what they would usually) and real missing out on de gea, has effected la liga.

Barcelona shouldn't have been able to spend anything. The players they signed won't be able to play till next year but even so. To me a transfer ban is a transfer ban.

Don't expect it to not be a two horse race between Real and Barsa. Regardless of the Premier League those two will continue to dominate Europe and spend big bucks. It's the rest that will be left behind.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Blanco on September 04, 2015, 10:20:46 PM

Barcelona shouldn't have been able to spend anything. The players they signed won't be able to play till next year but even so. To me a transfer ban is a transfer ban.

Don't expect it to not be a two horse race between Real and Barsa. Regardless of the Premier League those two will continue to dominate Europe and spend big bucks. It's the rest that will be left behind.

They shouldn't have but the big clubs own EUFA. The beauty of the PL is more clubs contest than in any other top league. After spending a year in the championship I prefer it to the PL. Anyone can beat anyone, FFP actually matters, everyone can lose any player to any top team and it's the most interesting league we have been in for years. Football should be like the championship at every level. Who knows league one may be even better? Let's hope we don't find out in a hurry.

Blanco

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 04, 2015, 10:36:41 PM

They shouldn't have but the big clubs own EUFA. The beauty of the PL is more clubs contest than in any other top league. After spending a year in the championship I prefer it to the PL. Anyone can beat anyone, FFP actually matters, everyone can lose any player to any top team and it's the most interesting league we have been in for years. Football should be like the championship at every level. Who knows league one may be even better? Let's hope we don't find out in a hurry.

I agree. The championship is extremely exciting. Anyone can beat anyone and its so so competitive. But lets not kid ourselves. The overall quality is no where near that of the premierleague. I have found myself watching games in the championship and asked myself why I was watching. League 1 would be that much worse I fear. I still enjoy us being in this division though. But the end game is promotion back to the best league.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Blanco on September 05, 2015, 12:12:41 AM

I agree. The championship is extremely exciting. Anyone can beat anyone and its so so competitive. But lets not kid ourselves. The overall quality is no where near that of the premierleague. I have found myself watching games in the championship and asked myself why I was watching. League 1 would be that much worse I fear. I still enjoy us being in this division though. But the end game is promotion back to the best league.

So what is more exciting? Getting fourty points or fighting in the championship. If we could attract and keep our players the championship is the most interesting league I can remember in my 20 years of supporting fulham.

Blanco

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 05, 2015, 01:23:43 AM

So what is more exciting? Getting fourty points or fighting in the championship. If we could attract and keep our players the championship is the most interesting league I can remember in my 20 years of supporting fulham.

Last season we were fighting to get 50 points. This year could be the same. More unlikely because of the improved squad bit still a posibility. Like how in the premier league we were scrapping for 40 points but may have been fighting for a top half finish if under correct management. Being in the championship doesn't necessarily mean we'll be battling for promotion every season. There is a higher disadvantage in the prem due to bigger clubs funds but look how much the "lower level" teams are spending.

St Eve

There is nothing exciting about the championship. We must get back to the Premiership

MJG

Quote from: St Eve on September 05, 2015, 03:38:20 AM
There is nothing exciting about the championship. We must get back to the Premiership
Totally disagree, I watched more entertaining football last season than in the previous three years.

That's not to say we don't need or don't want to get back to the PL, but the reasons would not be for entertainment or excitement.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

VicHalomsLovechild

Once the team gels be that with Kit or someone else. We'll hold our own in this division. Anybody can beat anybody. So from a fans point of view, more exciting. From the Clubs, the Premiership offers bigger financial reward and more bums on seats but at best we along with most other clubs will be aiming for nothing more than survival. Which will probably mean a team mostly made up of old pro's on high money.
   The economics of football and business in general is grow. So the Premiership is the goal and not entertaining football, which may or may not be a by product of that.

God The Mechanic

All Barca did was hire new employees - UEFA can't really stop a club from hiring an employee, but they can stop them registering players for the competitions under their remit.

Blanco

Quote from: God The Mechanic on September 05, 2015, 10:12:52 AM

All Barca did was hire new employees - UEFA can't really stop a club from hiring an employee, but they can stop them registering players for the competitions under their remit.

It's hardly signing a regular employee when you spend £24 on Turan from Atletico. That is making making a transfer. Regardless of whether he's been registered. He's part of the club now. Training and making the team better. It's wrong.

grandad

Just seen the England team for the game today. Not one world class player. A few fairly good players but for goodness sake Shelvy & Vardy the cream of England.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Blanco

Quote from: grandad on September 05, 2015, 04:43:27 PM
Just seen the England team for the game today. Not one world class player. A few fairly good players but for goodness sake Shelvy & Vardy the cream of England.

I've always considered Joe Hart a world class player. Besides, it's only San Marino. Good to give the other players a run out. I do agree however that Vardy is no where near England standard. I like Shelvey.

HatterDon

Quote from: grandad on September 05, 2015, 04:43:27 PM

England only has two world-class players -- Rooney and Hart. That's two more than  starsnstripes has, of course.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jonaldiniho 88

Jonaldiniho 88

Doesn't the game sound like a school sports say? How can an international have 5,000 capacity? Saying that their population is 10,000. Half of them are at the ground.