https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

USA vs Brazil

Started by love4ffc, September 09, 2015, 01:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Hopefully this will be an interesting game and not a disaster.   starsnstripes

Tim Ream to start as LB again  :yay:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

BarryP

With Orozco and Alvarado as the starting C Bs  I'm very concerned.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

love4ffc

Quote from: BarryP on September 09, 2015, 01:41:17 AM
With Orozco and Alvarado as the starting C Bs  I'm very concerned.

Understandably.  It's an interesting experiment that could bite us in the arse. 

love4ffc

Well that didn't take long. 0v1 to Brazil

love4ffc

Ream tried to stop the cross but was unable.  That cross lead to the goal. 

love4ffc

Poor Ream getting a heck of a workout from Willian.  All Brazil first half.

love4ffc

Sadly Ream getting schooled by Brazil.  His passing range is impressive but his speed has let him down.  Will be surprised if he is in the line-up for the Mexico game.   

btings

Ream can't handle that speed.  Would have been a better choice at CB, maybe.  Klinsmann played half the team out of position.

Forever Fulham

Except for a few flubs, I though Ream played OK.  Let's remember the quality of the team he faced.  I thought the U.S. played tentative and apprehensive.  They never took it to the Brazilians.  The game was over, lost, before it began.  No courage.  Not on this night anyway.  I stayed up to watch the first half of the Argentina-Mexico game.  Argentina seemed to have more talent on the pitch than Brazil showed in the earlier game.  But Argentina was sleepwalking through most of the first half.  I wasn't particularly impressed with Mexico, but they got up on Brazil early.   It is my firmest belief that Brazil did a bit of diving against the U.S. to get a few PKs.  Throwing themselves into the defender for a call.  It appeared to rattle the Americans.  Some of the contact were legit fouls, but some of it was just diving.  The U.S. was missing a bunch of key players, so I don't think this foreshadows a bad result in the must-win qualifying game coming up against Mexico.  Must say, the grass sod they laid on top of the the surface was bunching, and causing players to slide and lose balance.  A black eye to those who staged the friendly. 

love4ffc

I stayed up and watched the Mexico game.  Was actually impressed how Mexico went straight at them the who time.  The second half was a great game to watch.  Especially impressed how Argentina came back in the last minutes of the game. 

We had very few good chances in the game.  We had a great run in the first half down the right side that Jose couldn't finish.  We had another in the second half with Diskerud.  Shame he hit to the keeper.  Our goal was sweet from Williams.  Only wish he had tried to do that more often. 

Forever Fulham

The U.S. under Klinsmann never plays the same two centerbacks for two consecutive games.  How on earth can you have any cohesion, and chemistry, if you keep juggling, juggling, juggling the line-up?!!!  Build your spine and stick with it.  Quit your damned tinkering, Juergen. 

Willian was the player of the match.  A blinder of a game.  So we should cut Tim Ream some slack.  Poor bastard had his hands full, with little help.  When did you see CBs playing in position?  Cameron--what the hell?  He doesn't play that position for his club team.  What is Juergen thinking?  Damn endless tinkering.  I watched players afraid to take on the Brazilians.  Back passing like Fulham under Jol.  A team full of off the ball watchers.  That's not the real U.S. MNT. 

love4ffc

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 09, 2015, 08:29:06 PM
The U.S. under Klinsmann never plays the same two centerbacks for two consecutive games.  How on earth can you have any cohesion, and chemistry, if you keep juggling, juggling, juggling the line-up?!!!  Build your spine and stick with it.  Quit your damned tinkering, Juergen.  

Willian was the player of the match.  A blinder of a game.  So we should cut Tim Ream some slack.  Poor bastard had his hands full, with little help.  When did you see CBs playing in position?  Cameron--what the hell?  He doesn't play that position for his club team.  What is Juergen thinking?  Damn endless tinkering.  I watched players afraid to take on the Brazilians.  Back passing like Fulham under Jol.  A team full of off the ball watchers.  That's not the real U.S. MNT.  

Agree with everything you say.  Ream does extremely well at reading the game.  His passing range is excellent.  He is just not a good option for a wing back due to his lack of pace.  He does well in short sprints but not running up and down the side.  Center back is I think is he's best position.  If he is left back I would not want him constantly getting into the attack so that he doesn't have to worry about recovering.  The occasional attack to the corner putting in the cross is fine.  For that to happen though he needs good cover and he had none last night with the USA team.  That lack of cover is what did him in.  

I still rate him as a good defender and think he will do well for FFC.  Just don't think he's a wing back option.  

valdeingruo

Theres only so much you can do against Brazil. They had been called up for camp and thrown into the fire. As stated above you have to build cohesion at the back. We all know too well what the chopping and changing at the back will do to a team.

Im just glad that when we get back to that level(one can hope) we wont have to face William again as Jose will have sold him and gone for a new shinier trinket.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi