watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The collision between Betts and Smith may have saved Kit's job

Started by dannyboi-ffc, September 14, 2015, 08:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I am in no way suggesting I want Kit to leave but after the Hull game we were staring at the prospect of a repeat of last season. But then came the unfortunate clash between Betts and Smith which sadly resulted in both being sidelined. As a result of this Dembele and Lonergan have come in and played big roles in our 3 wins in a row since.

I like both Betts and Smith so I am not suggesting we were losing because of those two but it seems a coincidence does it not? I think it has relieved the pressure on Kit for now and I suppose that's only fair. At the end of the day performances are wonderful but it's results that count and no one can complain at 3 wins on the trot.

Let's make it 4 and wish both players a speedy recovery!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

colinwhite

Agree with you danny . IMO Lonergan and Dembele are better players . OK Smith gives a different option and Betts has potential , but dembelel is getting better every game and could be a very important player for us and Lonergan has steadied the ship .

FPT

Absolutely. Sometimes this happens - Zoltan Gera and Bobby Zamora came together 'thanks' to Andy Johnson missing the Europa League season through injury. Another, more obscure, one is Ben Davies - Neil Taylor broke his ankle and instead of Swansea signing another left back, they gave Davies an opportunity to play, two years later he's now moved to Spurs for £8m as well as Swansea getting Gylfi Sigurdsson.

I think we're a better team for these injures as bad as it may sound to say. Dembele gives us a different dynamic in attack and Lonergan a more senior figure in goal.

filham

Dembele is putting in a good show but I still think Smith causes more trouble to opponents, it will be good to see them both available.

ToodlesMcToot

I wouldn't necessarily say that Lonergan and Dembele are better players. I would say that I'm beginning to believe that they are better fits in the starting 11: Lonergan for his experience and Dembele for his pace.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ffc73

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 14, 2015, 10:11:19 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say that Lonergan and Dembele are better players. I would say that I'm beginning to believe that they are better fits in the starting 11: Lonergan for his experience and Dembele for his pace.

Betts v Brighton was v poor and with Smith we are one dimensional

I thought the experience & pace that these Lonergan & Dembele give were obvious before the unfortunate injuries. Sometimes these things happen and we should be grateful and wish Smith & Betts speedy recoveries as they will be good options to have as the season progresses

Julius Geezer

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

For the first time in a few seasons we have the benefit, pleasure & joy of having some decent replacements as a back up to the starting 11
Down to a much improved (agreed not yet perfect) squad, some useful new signings, one or two youngsters given the opportunity & making a go of it 
For once we had some good luck & avoided losing points
Long may we continue with the rebuild & climb up the table
We wish those injured speedy recoveries so as they return to provide competition for first team places
We will need a strong squad throughout the season

The Rock

This looks like a youth come good thread and it's pretty clear it would be great to see the youth do a "Southampton".

I'd love to see it, and some Yank billionare needs this to save his ego. That's the plan right!?!?

Barry White

Dembele should be the starter when Smith is fit again, Smith should be our plan B. Coming off the bench to give us a different dimension and cause havoc in the box late on.

epsomraver

Quote from: filham on September 14, 2015, 10:04:35 PM
Dembele is putting in a good show but I still think Smith causes more trouble to opponents, it will be good to see them both available.
:plus one:

epsomraver

Quote from: Barry White on September 15, 2015, 09:32:59 AM
Dembele should be the starter when Smith is fit again, Smith should be our plan B. Coming off the bench to give us a different dimension and cause havoc in the box late on.
:plus one:

hovewhite

agree with all the above young mousse and loners doing the bizzo.

alexmur

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 14, 2015, 08:55:15 PM
I am in no way suggesting I want Kit to leave but after the Hull game we were staring at the prospect of a repeat of last season. But then came the unfortunate clash between Betts and Smith which sadly resulted in both being sidelined. As a result of this Dembele and Lonergan have come in and played big roles in our 3 wins in a row since.

I like both Betts and Smith so I am not suggesting we were losing because of those two but it seems a coincidence does it not? I think it has relieved the pressure on Kit for now and I suppose that's only fair. At the end of the day performances are wonderful but it's results that count and no one can complain at 3 wins on the trot.

Let's make it 4 and wish both players a speedy recovery!
there is no doubt that they are both great players dembele gets better every time I see him, but I would feel safer with Betts in de nets. but I can't deny the amazing job loners is doing he got us those 3 points on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

alexmur

Quote from: Barry White on September 15, 2015, 09:32:59 AM
Barry are you reading my mind?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nick Bateman

I can only concur with half of this.  Bettinelli looked a liability for a while, but he is very young and goalkeepers notoriously only peak in their later years.  Dembele sometimes looks as though he cannot hit a cow's arse with a banjo in front of goal, and the giant Matt Smith would have dominated the crude physics of Hanley with consummate ease.

I have been wanting to state how much better Lonergan is; now he is proving it to everyone in doubt.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

ffc73

That would be the same cow's arse that Smith could not hit with his banjo against Brighton?

At least when Smith is fit we will have the availability to use his height and physical presence as and when needed but personally I would start with Dembele and use Smith from the bench

Ordar

Lonergan is a better keeper than Betts in my opinion. Some of his shot stopping has been fantastic and his communication is brilliant

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Ordar on September 15, 2015, 09:14:51 PM
Lonergan is a better keeper than Betts in my opinion. Some of his shot stopping has been fantastic and his communication is brilliant

I have to agree. He must be chuffed with how it has gone. Second choice, saves a pen and plays some of the best games of his career. Undroppable!