Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on September 20, 2015, 10:42:38 AM
Qpr at home
Wolves at home
Charlton away
Middlesbrough away
Leeds at home
How do you think we will fare? I personally see about 4 points from that lot which will probably have us just above  bottom 3

What do you think of it so far, is it going to plan, is it on schedule, is the Dye cast, are we ticking over,  is it going according to plan. Is it par for the course. Or is it time to send for The Witch Finder General.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

As I said on another post, for me the next five will be very interesting. 

Charlton away
Middlesbrough away
Leeds at home
Reading at home
Bristol away

To me the Charlton, Leeds and Bristol City games are all winnable matches.  Matches that could give Kit and team a possible 18 or more points and a possible mid to upper table position.  At least that is what I am hoping for. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 02, 2015, 07:40:10 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on October 02, 2015, 02:13:03 AM

Charlton away
Middlesbrough away
Leeds at home
Reading at home
Bristol away

To me the Charlton, Leeds and Bristol City games are all winnable matches.  Matches that could give Kit and team a possible 18 or more points and a possible mid to upper table position.  At least that is what I am hoping for. 

Yes, like you I am hoping for same, but unfortunately it never seems to go according to plan. We will probably win the ones that look harder, and lose the ones that appear to be easier, if there is any such thing as an easy match in this Division. Which we all know that every game is a Cup Final.

err as you know Woolly we lost those!

Can we treat every game from now on as a SEMI FINAL

That should do it!

Burt

Quote from: love4ffc on October 02, 2015, 02:13:03 AM

Charlton away
Middlesbrough away
Leeds at home
Reading at home
Bristol away

Two wins (Leeds, Bristol C) and a draw (Charlton) from that lot...

nose

not sure I follow much of the arguments here. Based on recent form and performances and what I expect to happen

We will put on a very good display V charlton and I expect to win. However I recall being at charltom when Mac was manager and we outplayed them totally for 90 minutes... and we lost 3 0. so stuff happens. So first we need a brilliant performance, and second a brilliant result. Then let's worry about the next one.
If there is no reaction against charlton from the wolves game then clearly the manager's position will be in big doubt.

Personally i am currently a a little more hopeful and cairney is no loss IMO I do not think he has actually been all that. I prefer a fully firing LVC

ScalleysDad

It is always nice to see the play offs mentioned from time to time. I wonder if that format will still exist when we get anywhere near them in about five seasons time?

MJG

I can see 8 pts from next five,  anymore is a bonus.
Would give us 19 from 14 and about 3/4 pts behind where we need to be for 6th place. 
Less than 8 and we just start falling further behind and continue to have to play catchup.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Burt

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 02, 2015, 03:38:31 PM
I feel that Fulhams results are one of the most difficult to forecast, as they are so unpredictable, win one week expectantly and lose the next week unexpectantly. Play well and lose, play poorly and win, astonishing.

It all depends on what Fulham turned up.

Still, it's better than it has been for the last 2-3 seasons, when you could almost guarantee nil points :)

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on October 02, 2015, 12:51:37 PM
I can see 8 pts from next five,  anymore is a bonus.
Would give us 19 from 14 and about 3/4 pts behind where we need to be for 6th place. 
Less than 8 and we just start falling further behind and continue to have to play catchup.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Completely agree.  That is why every game for the rest of the season is important.  Though the next five will be proof in the pudding for me over our current management. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

I feel that Fulhams results are one of the most difficult to forecast, as they are so unpredictable, win one week expectantly and lose the next week unexpectantly. Play well and lose, play poorly and win, astonishing.
[/quote
I feel that Fulham's results are one of the most difficult to forecast, as they are so unpredictable, win one week expectantly and lose the next week unexpectantly. Play well and lose, play poorly and win, astonishing.

We can't even be sure how well we will perform in each half of the same game but the change in form from one game to the next is unbelievable.

The one thing that is almost certain is our unpredictability and any one now trying to predict results over the next  five matches is simply getting tangled up in an impossible gamble.

If things run in our favour then we could be on the edge of the play offs and Kit's future secure at least until the end of the season. Equally we could find ourselves on the edge of the relegation zone and with Kit's job under extreme pressure.

Don't even think of forecasting which way it will go as there is just not a basis for a sensible statement.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 20, 2015, 11:07:57 AM
We won't beat the Ha Ha's Friday, that I can assure you.

Some assurance that was !