News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it safe to come out from behind the sofa yet???

Started by os5889 mkII, September 21, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adi-ffc

Christ alive, give the new players a few games eh?????

the negativity is absolutely staggering given the stage of the season. I don't believe Kit is the right man either in the long term, but will back him to sort things out for a while with his new players.

Bashing their heads in after every defeat is plain daft, the players read this. Its not like we're playing such bad football!

mullers

I start from the point of view that we've had over decade of success that no Fulham fan could've predicted twenty years ago. Liverpool, Man Utd. and Arsenal prove that no club can be in the ascendency continually, and at some point will fail to match their own expectations.
Perhaps we've punched a little above our weight in the past, maybe now we are a little short of where we ought to be; But I'm certain that Fulham supporters have recently lived through the most exciting years in nearly 140 years of history.
Look at the present time as a pause for breath and reflection and we'll soon be ready to go again.
We are Fulham.

Logicalman

Quote from: Chutney on September 21, 2015, 07:05:36 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 21, 2015, 06:12:16 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 21, 2015, 04:32:14 PM
I find it strange that people think we have a God-given right to beat any team.

We are not in the premier league any more, we are not good enough for the premier league now, so I am not sure where these expectations are coming from. We are as good as (or as bad as, depending on your point of view) around 75% of the other teams in this league.
Is this a joke? Our expectations come from our manager and the hierarchy at the club who constantly tell us that promotion is our goal. Of course quite a few of us, don't believe Kit is good enough to get us in top twelve let alone top six. But if our manager is to be believed then yes we can expect to get something from a team who were in shocking form

This is exactly right, the owners and management seem to be saying one thing in regard to our ambitions and in reality appearing satisfied with mid table/fighting for survival. I feel a lot of the "our aim is promotion" talk is to get people to buy season tickets. I'm not happy watching the team struggle at this level against teams I consider to be below us. But that, is solely my opinion, you're all very welcome to your own, and if some of you feel losing to sheffield wednesday and other teams that haven't been on our level for the last decade is acceptable then so be it.

I'm not sure them saying "It's our intent to avoid relegation" would be better received either, even though, especially last season, that was all most of us could readily expect after the mad cheeseman decimated what was left of our Prem squad.

I believe EVERY team puts out the standard "We are chasing promotion and that is our goal" statement, as anything else would be, well, somewhat deflating for the fans and unlikely to have sponsors willing to part with their well-stolen cash.

If you want to hear what their true expectations are, listen to the weekly dribble from the Managers pre and post game comments, that is where the real expectations lie.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Adi-ffc on September 22, 2015, 09:58:49 AM
Christ alive, give the new players a few games eh?????

the negativity is absolutely staggering given the stage of the season. I don't believe Kit is the right man either in the long term, but will back him to sort things out for a while with his new players.

Bashing their heads in after every defeat is plain daft, the players read this. Its not like we're playing such bad football!

Totally agree Adi, however painful it might be to swallow our pride built up over the decade of Premiership, it's reality that hits many other clubs that might be considered equal to ourselves.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fulhamben

Quote from: Logicalman on September 22, 2015, 02:48:12 PM
Quote from: Chutney on September 21, 2015, 07:05:36 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 21, 2015, 06:12:16 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 21, 2015, 04:32:14 PM
I find it strange that people think we have a God-given right to beat any team.

We are not in the premier league any more, we are not good enough for the premier league now, so I am not sure where these expectations are coming from. We are as good as (or as bad as, depending on your point of view) around 75% of the other teams in this league.
Is this a joke? Our expectations come from our manager and the hierarchy at the club who constantly tell us that promotion is our goal. Of course quite a few of us, don't believe Kit is good enough to get us in top twelve let alone top six. But if our manager is to be believed then yes we can expect to get something from a team who were in shocking form

This is exactly right, the owners and management seem to be saying one thing in regard to our ambitions and in reality appearing satisfied with mid table/fighting for survival. I feel a lot of the "our aim is promotion" talk is to get people to buy season tickets. I'm not happy watching the team struggle at this level against teams I consider to be below us. But that, is solely my opinion, you're all very welcome to your own, and if some of you feel losing to sheffield wednesday and other teams that haven't been on our level for the last decade is acceptable then so be it.

I'm not sure them saying "It's our intent to avoid relegation" would be better received either, even though, especially last season, that was all most of us could readily expect after the mad cheeseman decimated what was left of our Prem squad.

I believe EVERY team puts out the standard "We are chasing promotion and that is our goal" statement, as anything else would be, well, somewhat deflating for the fans and unlikely to have sponsors willing to part with their well-stolen cash.

If you want to hear what their true expectations are, listen to the weekly dribble from the Managers pre and post game comments, that is where the real expectations lie.
I stopped listening to the nonsense that comes out of kits mouth a long time ago.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.