https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Beckham....

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, September 25, 2015, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

World Class or not?

Discuss.

As a footballer, possibly not enough to his game to be classed it. Excellent player though, and a superb role model.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

colinwhite

No. World class right foot and great athlete who could also make the difference in top games. World class at absolutely making the best out of what you have .

Fulham1959

He is a great ambassador and is far more articulate and intelligent, common-sense wise, than used to be made out.

I 'love' the guy !

Blanco

Big fan of the guy. World class in my view.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Is it wrong to admit he's my man crush? And I'm not even one of them homosexuals....

dannyboi-ffc

That's a tough one. I don't think anyone can argue he is the best crosser/long distance passer of a ball the world has seen in at least 3 decades if not more.  That in itself is world class because no one, not even messi or Ronaldo can do what he could.

I look at World class as someone who you can make a claim for to be in any side in the world. Not necessarily walk into the team but if they are worth debating then they have something special. And I don't think there are any teams that wouldn't have considered Beckham.

Not anywhere near the complete world class player of a messi but can you think of anyone like him in recent history? Because I can't.  

Absolutely love the guy, what a great role model, family man and ambassador for the sport. You don't play for Man Utd, Real Madrid and AC Milan if you aren't special. Cue someone to pull out a senderos who played for all 3 just to be difficult lol!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bog

You cannot fault him. Made the best of his abilities and has gone on to be a top man. Respect he has earned after 1998 in France.  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif   

Fulham76

He was a great player. The modern day football superstar & probably the most recognised player on the planet.

The fact he was/is a world wide celebrity & such an icon added something to his game. He intimidated other players & supporters from all clubs paid to watch him play. I think that makes him world class.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: bog on September 25, 2015, 06:57:46 PM
You cannot fault him. Made the best of his abilities and has gone on to be a top man. Respect he has earned after 1998 in France.  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif   

You sometimes forget he was HATED after his tussle with Simeone. Effigies and all that. When you take that into account as well, shows what the right attitude and hard work can actually do.

Forever Fulham

For all the tattoos, he's really a home body, a family man.  A bit of an introvert, actually.  A disconnect between the branding and the person.  One of the best dead ball strikers I've ever seen.  Terrific distributor of the ball. 

HatterDon

Over the course of his career, he started for title winning teams in four countries -- three of them winners of the Champions League. In his time, he was the best known footballer in the world. I'm trying to imagine -- if he weren't born English -- people in his home country even having a discussion like this.

You guys really set impossible standards for your fellow countrymen.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

horse1031

His left foot was world class!!  Everything else was not

somerset cockernee

Best shirt seller we ever had and a decent right foot...no more than that

Blanco

Quote from: HatterDon on September 25, 2015, 07:34:00 PM
Over the course of his career, he started for title winning teams in four countries -- three of them winners of the Champions League. In his time, he was the best known footballer in the world. I'm trying to imagine -- if he weren't born English -- people in his home country even having a discussion like this.

:plus one:

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on September 25, 2015, 07:34:00 PM

Couldn't agree more. People couldn't wait to dismiss Rooneys goal record.

Why can't we just appreciate our great players rather than demand more?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

copthornemike

His performance as the captain of England in the must win qualifier vs Greece was one of the finest performances ever, both as a captain and as a player.

A world class performance if I ever saw one!

Ordar

He was obviously world class. Anything he may have lacked in quality, which wasn't much for his position he made up for in effort.

He was the last player I thought actually cared playing for England. He won numerous games on his own, most notable that Greece game when he was out of this world. He was great defensively aswell which he doesn't get enough credit for. Plus even if you schemed to stop him, it wouldn't matter. He gets a lot of undeserved grief, and I have no idea why.

I had the pleasure of brief meeting him and he was amazing. Probably the most under rated England player. Was a fantastic England captain

Best all round footballer England has produced in 20+ years in my opinion

alfie

I have met both him and Victoria and I can say what an absolutely lovely couple they are, he is very modest and she is nothing like she is portrayed to be by the press.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't