more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (25/09/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 25, 2015, 10:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

FIFA Cover

To celebrate the launch of the new FIFA 16 game which was released today, EA Sports have created bespoke covers for each of the 24 Championship clubs.

Follow this link to download your Fulham cover, with options for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and PC.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/24/fifa-cover?

WhiteJC

QPR defender says Fulham skinhead days are over - his little girl won't allow it

Konch thatch has to stay in place

Hair today: Konchesky (L) at QPR and at Fulham

In his Fulham heyday, Paul Konchesky was the shaven-headed warrior marauding down the left.

The 34-year-old will be doing it tomorrow night for QPR against the Whites in the big west London derby, but he will never again pop into the barbers for a number one.

The defender with more than 500 top flight games on his CV, including 97 for Fulham between 2007-10, has faced fierce opponents in his time, but he fears the wrath of six-year-old Tilly-Mai more.

"Shaven head? I'm not allowed to. My little girl would go mad if she knew I was going to cut my hair off. I'm too old for that now," Konchesky added.

The defender also fears a goal-fest like the last two encounters at the Cottage between Fulham and QPR.

As he comes from the back four school of thought, 1-0 to Hoops would do nicely as well as Rangers keeping a league clean sheet for only the second time this season.

Konchesky admits he hit the ground running after joining Hoops three days before they faced the defender's first club Charlton in the campaign's opener (see gallery).

Rangers lost that 2-0, but Konchesky's now looking at keeping a tighter grip having settled in.

I came in just before the deadline, so it's quite hard, not knowing anyone," he said. "Now I've been here seven weeks, we're looking to push ahead.

"It's not good for any club going up and down. The club is now experienced enough to know what's needed, and I'll take this season as it comes. If I can come here and do well; you never know what the future might hold. I'd like to think there's more to come from me."

Konchesky revealed new Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri tried to stop him joining QPR at the eleventh hour, but the man of eight clubs could read the writing on the wall.

The defender said: "I spoke to Claudio briefly. But I was on my way down to speak to Les (Ferdinand) and Chris (Ramsey), and he (Ranieri) said he didn't want me to leave, but I didn't think I was going to be part of his future plans, and I didn't want to sit about.

"It was a no brainer to come back to London and a club like this."

Konchesky wants to coach kids when he hangs up his boots, inspired by son Connor who is never far from a football.

His dad added: "It would give you something if and when they do better things. I've put it to the back of my head until my days are numbers, but I wouldn't put it past me staying here at QPR."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-defender-says-fulham-skinhead-10119171?

WhiteJC

Ream: Confidence High

Tim Ream was frustrated that Fulham were unable to convert their dominance into a goal on Tuesday, but is keen to take the positives from the cup exit to Stoke City.

The Potters survived an onslaught from Kit Symons' men to advance into Round Four of the Capital One Cup, but Ream believes his side were unfortunate not to at least take the game to extra-time after Peter Crouch netted what turned out to be the winner in fortuitous circumstances.

"It's obviously not the result we wanted," he admitted. "There was a little bit of luck for them on the goal, with the tackle coming in and the ball rolling right to Crouch.

"Second half we really wanted to take it to them and really create a lot of chances and go forward as much as possible. I thought we did that for the most part, and with all the chances late on you would have thought at least one of them would have gone in, but that's the way it goes and it wasn't to be."

After outplaying their top-flight opponents for the majority of the encounter, Ream was asked if that gives Fulham a boost ahead of the West London derby against Queens Park Rangers.

"Absolutely," he replied. "They've come down from the Premier League so they were right there with Stoke last year, so to play as well as we did – especially in the second half – and create as many chances as we did, it definitely gives you a lot of confidence going into Friday.

"It's obviously a big derby and something that all the boys are really looking forward to, and something that we really have to wrap our heads around.

"Obviously we would have liked to have gone as far as possible and make it all the way to the Final of the cup competition, but it wasn't meant to be and now we solely focus on the league and this game coming up on Friday."

With James Husband cup-tied for Tuesday's game, Ream was shifted to left-back – a role he's occupied many times in his career – and he looked very comfortable out wide.

"I'm happy to play wherever the Manager needs me to play," he said. "It sometimes can hurt you a little bit, being able to play so many positions you may not get an extended run in one specific position.

"I think when they brought me in that was a big plus for them, being able to cover multiple positions, so I have to use that to my advantage and make sure I'm doing things in training all week long to ensure I'm put on the field come game day."

To read more from Tim, including how close he was to joining Queens Park Rangers, pick up a copy of the official matchday programme on Friday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/24/ream-confidence-high?

WhiteJC

James Husband: Fulham keen to extend 'brilliant' left-back's loan

Cottagers boss Kit Symonds has been "delighted" with Husband :: Aitor Karanka said last week an extension was likely

James Husband

Fulham are keen to renew James Husband's loan spell at Craven Cottage.

The left-back joined Fulham for a month just before deadline day as Fernando Amorebieta moved to Boro.

Husband also had a successive loan spell at Fulham last season.

Boss Kit Symons said recently: "Hubby's been brilliant and I'm delighted we've got him. The longer we can keep him that would be great."

Boro are open to the idea of Husband spending more time in London.

Last week Aitor Karanka said he preferred him to get time on the pitch rather than waiting for sporadic opportunities behind George Friend.

Karanka said: "If everything goes in the same way I don't think we are going to change a lot of things.

"With Fernando we have cover for that position so I prefer for James to be playing at Fulham than to stay here and play just one game per month.

"So, for his development, it's best to play."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/james-husband-fulham-keen-extend-10124241?

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR: Whites forced into changes with Kit Symons on threat posed by Charlie Austin

Needs must in the big Whites versus Hoops clash

Out: Jazz Richards

Fulham have ruled out Jazz Richards from the big west London derby tomorrow night after he picked up a knock in the 1-0 defeat to Stoke on Tuesday.

However, Ryan Fredericks has recovered from a quad problem and will take the Wales international's place.

Whites are still without Luke Garbutt, Scott Parker George Williams, but the good news is all three have been inked in for an U21 game at Derby on Monday to increase their match fitness.

In: Ryan Fredericks ((R)

Fulham boss Kit Symons is ready and waiting to nullify the threat posed by Rs hitman Charlie Austin, in a clash that means more than just three points to the winners.

The gaffer said: "He's an excellent player (see gallery), and a massive goal threat. We need to be conscious of him, but they've got other good players who can score goals like Matt Phillips and Tjaronn Chery.

"QPR did well to hang on to players in the transfer window, and keeping is one thing, but motivating them is another, which I'm sure (Rangers coach) Chris Ramsey will do."

A big derby crowd has Symons hoping three sides of the Cottage outshout the sell-out 6,000 away fans in the Putney End.

Fans: Kit Symons

Against Stoke, Fulham supporters almost willed the ball into the net for an equaliser at the end, and their boss hopes for more of the same against the team from up the road.

"At the end it's only three points on the board, but it's a local derby and exciting and I'm sure the crowd can make a big difference," he said.

"Jazz had had a scan - and it's not that bad. But he won't be available for this game."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-v-qpr-whites-forced-10126755?

WhiteJC

Richard Stearman interview on leaving Wolves and life at Fulham

Richard Stearman: Former Wolves man signed a three-year contract with Fulham

Richard Stearman talks to Sky Sports about swapping Wolves for Fulham and chasing promotion to the Premier League ahead of Friday night's west London derby against QPR...

The likes of Anthony Martial and David de Gea may have dominated the news agenda, but one of the most intriguing moves of Deadline Day came a little lower down the football pyramid.

Richard Stearman collected a Player of the Year double at Wolves' end-of-season awards night in May. The defensive stalwart had just helped them to within a whisker of the play-offs having led their promotion charge from League One in 2013/14, and after seven years of service it seemed unthinkable that his future lay elsewhere.

So when Wolves accepted an offer from Fulham in the final days of the transfer window, it was hardly surprising that their supporters were up in arms. Manager Kenny Jackett described it as a "football decision", but Stearman was an experienced head and a dependable performer, and having only turned 28 in August, he was also entering his prime.

That he had started every one of Wolves' league games in 2015, even captaining the side in Danny Batth's absence this season, made it all the more surprising.

Richard Stearman wore the captain's armband in the absence of Danny Batth

Three weeks later, Stearman reflects on the move at Fulham's Motspur Park training ground. "I'd heard a few rumours that Fulham were interested earlier in the summer, but for the bid to be accepted did come as bit of a surprise," he told Sky Sports.

"I had a great affinity with the club having been there for so long. I'd ridden the rollercoaster of promotions and relegations and I got on with the fans really well. It was obviously tough for me to leave but that's football. You're never in one place forever and I'm delighted that I've joined such a good club."

Stearman, an athletic and uncompromising defender with an unlikely penchant for the Cruyff turn, was thrust straight into the heart of Fulham's back four for their 2-1 win over Blackburn Rovers. He has played every minute of their last three games, and he is already feeling comfortable in his new south west London surroundings.

"The lads have been great with me," he said. "I obviously knew a couple of the faces before I came into the dressing room, but everyone's been great. The staff have helped me settle in and made it an easy transition for me moving here. Hopefully I can repay them with some performances on the pitch.

Richard Stearman spent seven seasons with Wolves

"Last season I picked up quite a few awards personally and I'm very happy with the way I've been playing for the past couple of years. That's culminated in managing to move clubs, so I feel I'm in the best form of my career so far. It's something I'm hoping to continue."

Stearman's seven-year stay at Molineux included over 70 appearances in the Premier League. Fulham's head coach Kit Symons was eager to add that experience to a young dressing room at Craven Cottage, and Stearman is relishing his responsibility as one of their most senior players.

"I think the experience is one of the reasons why I was bought to the club, not just in this league but the one above," he said. "I'm here to add to some of the other experienced heads we've got in the dressing room and try to help the squad along."

Stearman's know-how will be invaluable when Fulham host QPR in Friday night's west London derby live on Sky Sports 1. "I can't wait for it," he said. "Everyone's been telling me how much of a big fixture it is. The fans want bragging rights having not played them last season. It's one they are really looking forward to and hopefully we can give them the three points and send them home happy."

Victory over QPR could lift Fulham into the top 10 after a stuttering start to the season. The Cottagers are aiming for a return to the Premier League after spending much of the last campaign battling the drop - and Stearman sees promotion potential among his new team-mates.

"I wouldn't have wanted to join the club if not," he said. "It was a big pull for me. The players they've got in the dressing room, the set-up, the facilities, the stadium, the fans... Everything rolled into one was attractive to me."

Stearman knows what it takes to win promotion in the fiercely competition environment of the Football League. "It takes lot of hard work, sprinkled with a bit of luck," he said. "I've been lucky enough to do it twice. It's tough to get it all together and eventually get promoted, but I certainly see a lot of traits in this dressing room that emulate what I've done previously. It bodes for an exciting period for the club."

Stearman has been reunited him with his former Wolves team-mate Jamie O'Hara at Fulham, and he admits he sought the midfielder's advice before making the switch. "I had a quick chat with Jamie and he had nothing but good things to say about the place, which only added to what I'd already heard and my own thoughts on it," he said.

Richard Stearman has been reunited with Jamie O'Hara (right) at Fulham

"It's great to see him again and see him back out on the pitch doing so well. He's been performing very well from what I've seen. He's had a great start to the season."

Stearman is not the type to dwell on the past, but he will confront his former Wolves team-mates just a month after his surprising departure when they visit Craven Cottage next week.

"It's the way things go, isn't it?" he said. "It will be great to see some of the lads and staff, but at the end of the day I'm here to do a job and that's to pick up three points. I certainly won't be going easy on them."

Tickets for Fulham v QPR on Friday at Craven Cottage are available to purchase visit: www.fulhamfc.com/tickets

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10004135/richard-stearman-interview-on-leaving-wolves-and-life-at-fulham?

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Queens Park Rangers

This weekend's Friday night match in the Championship is a West London derby between Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

Both sides are enduring mini-slumps and will be desperate to get back to winning ways at Craven Cottage.

Fulham
After finally seeming to find their feet with three wins in a row in all competitions, Kit Symons's Fulham have lost back-to-back games to have their bubble burst.

On Saturday they became the first team to lose to Sheffield Wednesday in the league since the opening day of the season by going down 3-2 at Hillsborough.

The biggest positive from the defeat was the performance of Jamie O'Hara, who scored the equaliser and set up Tom Cairney's second-half consolation. The former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder has played every minute this season and completed more successful passes (468) than any other Championship player.

The Cottagers have been in action since, losing out to a Peter Crouch goal in the Capital One Cup third round against Stoke City.

Supporters might have fancied an upset against the Premier League side and they would have been even more annoyed when Stoke got a home draw against Fulham's biggest rivals Chelsea last night.

With Matt Smith injured, Fulham boss Symons has a tough choice of who to partner Ross McCormack with up front. Moussa Dembele and Cauley Woodrow have rotated in recent matches and the latter might feel he should be the one to start on Friday given his two goals in three league matches this season.

Recent Championship form: LLDWWL
Recent form (all competitions): DWWWLL

QPR
Three wins in a row to end August put QPR right in the mix at the top of the table, but they are winless in September and have dropped to ninth in the table.

Disappointing home results against Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers started the month, but Chris Ramsey's side improved last weekend with a 1-1 draw at Hull City, who had won every home league match this season prior to the stalemate.

In Charlie Austin, Rangers possess the league's top marksman and his lead at the top of the scoring charts was extended yesterday, even though QPR were not playing.

The Football League's Dubious Goals Committee reached the verdict that the R's first goal in the 2-2 draw with Blackburn Rovers last week was an Austin goal after it had initially gone down as an own goal, taking the striker's tally to seven in eight matches.

Austin's goals have helped QPR to the top of the attack league with 14 goals in eight matches, but they have been far from watertight at the other end - only bottom two sides Bristol City and Rotherham United (both 17) have conceded more goals than QPR (13).

Recent Championship form: WWWLDD
Recent form (all competitions): WLWLDD

Team News
Tomorrow night could see the first appearance of the season for QPR midfielder Leroy Fer, who has been out with a knee injury since the end of last season.

The Dutchman is unlikely to start, but could be named on the bench, with Ramsey likely to name a similar side to the one that started at Hull last weekend.

As for Symons, he made six changes to his Fulham side for the midweek visit of Stoke City and he could return to his favoured league lineup after giving some players a rest.

However, Jazz Richards will miss out after picking up a knock against the Potters, meaning that Richard Stearman might slot across to right-back.

Symons also confirmed today that the trio of Scott Parker, Luke Garbutt and George Williams are back in full training and will soon be available for selection once more.

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Lonergan; Stearman, Burn, Ream, Husband; Cairney, Tunnicliffe, O'Hara, Pringle; McCormack, Woodrow

QPR possible starting lineup:
Green; Perch, Onuoha, Angella, Konchesky; Faurlin, Tozser; Phillips, Luongo, Chery; Austin

Head To Head
This will be the two teams' first meeting in over two years and Fulham have had the better of it in recent encounters.

QPR have won just one of their last eight games against the Cottagers (D1 L6), failing to score in six of those games.

Fulham have also enjoyed playing QPR at home in recent times, winning four on the trot and netting 12 goals in those victories.

Sports Mole Logo 40px height

We say: Fulham 0-2 QPR

The head-to-head stats might point to a home win, but with Austin still in form and QPR having not played in midweek, we're siding with the visitors.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/preview/preview-fulham-vs-queens-park-rangers_248224.html#$$nv8826&&AyQGLmNpEeWx9RIDDdCeIQ$$

WhiteJC

Kit's Queens Park Rangers Preview

Kit Symons has called on the Fulham fans to play their part in Friday's local derby against Queens Park Rangers.

The Whites Manager was full of praise for the Club's supporters for their efforts in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday, and he's keen for more of the same when Rangers make the three-mile trip to Craven Cottage.

"They can make a huge difference," he said in his pre-match press conference. "There's no getting away from it, the crowd can play a big part.

"I thought on Tuesday night against Stoke the crowd really got behind the team second half, as you would hope, and although we ended up losing the game, it was a real positive finish to it with a lot of chances.

"You just really felt the whole crowd, the Hammersmith End especially, was willing the ball into the net. It wasn't quite to be Tuesday night, but the crowd will be up for it [against QPR].

"It's obviously a big game for them, as it is for us, it's a big game for the Club and the fans will get right behind us from the first whistle.

"We need to make sure that maintains by us playing on the front foot and taking the game to QPR, and then hopefully it will be a good night for players and fans alike at Fulham."

When asked if this sort of game means more than the three points that would come with a win, Symons answered: "Unfortunately it will only give you three points actually on the board, but it's a local derby.

"I played in these games, they mean an awful lot to the fans. Both sets of supporters will be really up for it and will be desperate for their team to get the bragging rights. I aim to make sure it's Fulham fans come Saturday morning who are shouting the loudest."

It's been a solid enough start to the season for Rangers, who have four more points than Fulham having played a game more, and Symons is expecting a good contest when the two sides meet at the Cottage.

He commented: "They've got a good squad of players and a good manager in Chris [Ramsey] who's a fairly young manager like myself who's still learning the ropes a little bit but is very bright and hungry.

"They've got very talented footballers, so we'll expect them to be a big test. I've seen quite a lot of them this season and they've got good individuals who can cause you problems on the day.

"But also, saying that, we've got a good squad of players and I'm very happy with what I've got and the way the players work, and the cohesion we've got at the moment is very strong."

Many expected Charlie Austin to return to the Premier League in the summer. But he was still a Hoops player come the close of the transfer window, and has scored seven goals in eight games so far this season.

"He's an excellent player, as is well documented," Symons said of the striker. "Everyone's seen what he can do over the years – he's an excellent player and a massive goal threat for them.

"But if you focus solely on stopping Charlie Austin, they've got other good players who can hurt you as well. So we need to be conscious of him and his strengths and what he can do and how he can hurt us, and we need to nullify that.

"But also I'm fully aware they've got other very good players as well who can score goals, and we need to make sure we're solid as a team and we defend as a team and as a unit and we snuff out all of their threats."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/24/kits-qpr-preview?

WhiteJC

Barry Hayles hoping for one more Emirates FA Cup memory

Barry Hayles celebrates after scoring for Fulham in 2001

Barry Hayles has created plenty of Emirates FA Cup memories throughout his career but the veteran striker is hoping he can produce at least one more for Chesham United this season.

The FA Cup has played a huge role in Hayles' career. The marksman first burst on to the footballing scene as part of a Non-League Stevenage Borough side that made it all the way through to the Third Round in 1996-97.

Stevenage ultimately lost to 2-0 to Birmingham City but after making his mark, Hayles earned a move to Football League side Bristol Rovers soon after.

That transfer launched his career. He would go on to play Premier League football with Fulham, and reach the Cup semi-final in 2001-02, where they narrowly lost to Chelsea.

Now 43, he has yet to hang up his boots as he gears up for Chesham's Second Qualifying Round clash with Paulton Rovers on Saturday, he says the FA Cup is still as special as ever to him.

"The FA Cup is still a competition I enjoy playing in and get a buzz from," said the ten-cap Jamaican international.

Barry Hayles sandwiched between Cristiano Ronaldo and Edwin van der Sar in 2004

"I was at Stevenage when we made it through to the Third Round and played Birmingham – that was the game that really let people know who I was.

"Even though we didn't win there were a lot of good things that came out of the game for me and it really set me on my way.

"Making it to the Semi-Final with Fulham was definitely another highlight for me and something that still gets brought up quite a lot.

"So it's a special competition for me and I keep saying to the young guys at Chesham that this is a platform for them. The better players will stand out and can really get noticed."

Barry Hayles, pictured in 2009, in action for Cheltenham

Chesham and Paulton actually met in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division earlier this season with Chesham coming out on top 2-1 – a result Hayles is keen to repeat at Athletic Field this weekend.

The veteran, who is a player-coach for the Generals, actually faces a race against time to be fit for the game after picking up a knock in the 3-0 loss to Cirencester last weekend.

But after battling through the First Qualifying Round by beating Aylesbury in a replay, he is hopeful of keeping their FA Cup dream alive.

Barry Hayles, left, now plays his football his football for Chesham

"We know that going there will be another tough fixture but we're hopeful of getting the same result," Hayles added.

"They're a tough team though and we tend to go behind a lot, so hopefully we can start on the front foot, get an early goal and take it from there.

"Coaching and management is definitely something I'm looking to do in the long term. I'm enjoying the coaching but I'm definitely looking at becoming a manager one day.

"Every year I say this will be my last season on the pitch but I still love playing!"

Read more at http://www.thefa.com//news/the-fa-cup/2015/sep/paulton-rovers-v-chesham-united-barry-hayles-fa-cup-preview?#d4Vfpdje6txXwLj1.99

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Friday, 25 September Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Coverage: Updates on BBC Radio 5 live and listen on BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Fulham defender Jazz Richards is expected to miss the west London derby against Queens Park Rangers but fellow right-back Ryan Fredericks is fit.

Midfielders Jamie O'Hara and Tom Cairney return after sitting out the League Cup defeat by Stoke in midweek. Scott Parker and Luke Garbutt are back in training but will not feature.

Midfielder Leroy Fer could play for QPR for the first time this season.

Defender Paul Konchesky should start against his former club.

MATCH FACTS
Fulham have won their last four home games against QPR, scoring 12 goals in that time.
QPR have won just one of their last eight games against Fulham (D1 L6) failing to score in six of those games.
Fulham's Jamie O'Hara has made more successful passes (468) than any other Championship player in 2015-16.
The Hoops boast the Championship's leading scorer in their ranks - Charlie Austin on seven goals.
Fulham's Cauley Woodrow has scored with both of his shots this season (two).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34287151

WhiteJC

Who R Ya - Fulham

Vital QPR takes a look at Friday night's opponents - Fulham

Facts & Figures

Founded: 1879 as Fulham St Andrews Football & Cricket Club

Nickname: The Cottagers

Ground: Craven Cottage - 25700

Manager: Kit Symons

Honours & Records

HONOURS

League
Football League First Division - Winners:2000-01
Football League First Division - Runners-up: 1958-59
Football League Second Division - Winners: 1931-32, 1948-49, 1998-99
Football League Second Division - Runners-up: 1970-71
Football League Third Division - Runners-up: 1996-97

Cup
FA Cup - Runners-up: 1975
UEFA Europa League - Runners-up: 2010
UEFA Intertoto Cup - Winners: 2002

RECORDS

Record Attendance: 49335 v Millwall (Second Division, 1938)

Record Buy: £12,400,000 - Konstantinos Mitroglou from Olympiacos (January 2014)

Record Sale: £15,000,000 - Moussa Dembele to Tottenham Hotspur (August 2012)

Record Appearances: Johnny Haynes - 658 (1952-1970)

Record Goals: Gordon Davies - 178 (1978-1984)

Squad List

1 - Marcus Bettinelli
2 - Jazz Richards
3 - Luke Garbutt - on loan from Everton
4 - Shaun Hutchinson
5 - Richard Stearman
6 - Nikolay Bodurov
7 - Ryan Fredericks
8 - Scott Parker
9 - Matt Smith
10 - Tom Cairney
11 - Alexander Kačaniklić
12 - Joe Lewis - on loan from Cardiff City
13 - Tim Ream
14 - Sakari Mattila
15 - Kay Voser
16 - Cauley Woodrow
17 - George Williams
18 - Ben Pringle
19 - Ryan Tunnicliffe
21 - Lasse Vigen Christensen
23 - Jamie O'Hara
24 - Andy Lonergan
25 - Moussa Dembélé
26 - Jack Grimmer
28 - Emerson Hyndman
32 - Sean Kavanagh
33 - Dan Burn
38 - Cameron Burgess
40 - James Husband - on loan from Middlesbrough
44 - Ross McCormack

Read more: http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=414680#ixzz3mk5oiXR2

WhiteJC

Fulham defender frustrated after League Cup defeat to Stoke

Fulham defender Tim Ream told the club's official website that he was frustrated after the Championship side went out of the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night following a 1-0 defeat to Premier League side Stoke City.

The 27-year-old was eager to to take positives from the game in which Fulham had plenty of chances, but a first-half goal from Peter Crouch on only his second start of the season for Stoke, was enough to get the Potters a victory.

A second-half onslaught from Fulham meant a nervy finish for Stoke, but it is the Premier League side who will host holders Chelsea in the fourth round tie.

"It's obviously not the result we wanted," Ream admitted. "There was a little bit of luck for them on the goal, with the tackle coming in and the ball rolling right to Crouch.

"Second half we really wanted to take it to them and really create a lot of chances and go forward as much as possible. I thought we did that for the most part, and with all the chances late on you would have thought at least one of them would have gone in, but that's the way it goes and it wasn't to be."

Asked if the performance gives Fulham a boost ahead of the West London derby against Queens Park Rangers on Friday, the USA international replied: "Absolutely. They've come down from the Premier League so they were right there with Stoke last year, so to play as well as we did – especially in the second half – and create as many chances as we did, it definitely gives you a lot of confidence going into Friday.

"It's obviously a big derby and something that all the boys are really looking forward to, and something that we really have to wrap our heads around.

Fulham host West London rivals QPR in their Championship clash tomorrow night, with Fulham looking to climb the table after a mixed start to the season which sees them sitting in 16th.

Meanwhile, QPR will hope current Championship top scorer Charlie Austin can fire them to another victory to build upon their ninth placed standing.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-defender-frustrated-after-league-cup-defeat-to-stoke/?#yKzgx65rRdH2FvMx.99

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR

Jazz Richards is set to miss Fulham's clash with near-neighbours QPR, although Ryan Fredericks will be available for the west London derby.

Summer signing Richards suffered a knock in Tuesday's Capital One Cup defeat to Stoke, meaning the defender is unlikely to feature at Craven Cottage on Friday night.

Fredericks' return to contention after a hamstring injury will help soften the blow, though, while Jamie O'Hara and Tom Cairney are available after missing out in midweek.

Scott Parker, Luke Garbutt and George Williams will be absent for QPR's visit, but the trio are back training and set to feature for the U21s at Derby on Monday.

Sandro and Leroy Fer are in line for their first appearances of the campaign as the Rs make the short trip.

Neither midfielder has featured for Chris Ramsey's side since relegation from the Premier League, but they are in contention once more after coming through Tuesday's development squad match against Crewe.

Sandro opened the scoring in the U21s' 3-1 win and lasted just over an hour on his comeback following a long-standing visa issue.

Fer managed the same after returning from a knee injury which curtailed a summer move to Sunderland, although defender Yun Suk-young remains unavailable for the trip.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-preview/339632/-?

WhiteJC

One to Watch - Ross McCormack

Fulham forward Ross McCormack is the One to Watch ahead of Friday night's clash with QPR.

Name: Ross McCormack

Date of Birth: 18.08.1986 - Glasgow, Scotland

Former Clubs: Rangers, Doncaster Rovers (L), Motherwell, Cardiff City, Leeds United, Fulham

Appearances (Goals): 388 (131)

The striker came up through the ranks at Glasgow Rangers, and made his debut as a 17-year-old in 2004 - he scored his first professional goal in the final game of that season, in a victory over Dunfermline.

His stock further rose with a goal against FC Porto in the UEFA Champions League, before he was loaned out to Doncaster Rovers south of the border. His netted a commendable five times for Rovers in their push towards a playoff position.

McCormack was released by then Rangers boss Paul Le Guen and joined up with Motherwell after a season of niggling injuries and illnesses, he hit his straps at Fir Park where he netted 11 times in the 2007/08 season.

He was once again on the move when Cardiff City procured his services after agreeing a tribunal fee and he did not look back from there - striking 23 times for the Bluebirds, including the final goal at Ninian Park before they moved to pastures new.

The following season was less than profitable for the Scotsman - striking only four times, and the following season he secured a move away from the club to Leeds United. He struck only twice in 20 appearances - including a goal as they defeated champions QPR on the final day at Loftus Road.

McCormack went on to recapture his form in the 2011/12 season, scoring 19 goals and being named Player of the Season at Elland Road. He went on to sign a three-year deal but was ruled out for the first part of the season with an ankle injury.

He returned to score the club's goal of the season against Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup before breaking Watford hearts on the final day of the season - scoring a last minute goal at the Vicarage Stadium to send Hull City back to the Premier League.

McCormack was the subject of several transfer bids, notably from Blackpool and Middlesbrough - but he ended this by signing a four-year deal at the club. He celebrated the new deal by netting a staggering four goals against Charlton Athletic.

He was named captain of the Yorkshire side amid speculation that West Ham United were interested in his capture. Following a January deadline day bid from former club Cardiff City, McCormack took to Sky Sports News to reiterate his desire to play for Leeds United under Brian McDermott - 30 minutes had elapsed before Leeds United gave McDermott the sack.

Despite his publicly stated disappointment, he went on to score 29 goals in all competition for Leeds - despite seeing a penalty saved by Rob Green in a 1-1 draw with QPR at Loftus Road. He was awarded Fans' Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year and Goal of the Season, prompting speculation linking him with a move away.

He did eventually leave Leeds United with Fulham effectively breaking the transfer window by paying an astounding £11m for the striker. He signed a four-year deal at Craven Cottage, but he couldn't help the Cottagers initially as they plummeted to the foot of the table.

Given their countless successive years in the Premier League it was quite the fall from grace and experienced boss Felix Magath was duly dismissed. Kit Symonds was given the role on a permanent basis and McCormack was handed vice-captaincy duties.

He has scored four times this season - twice in the league, and Fulham have been victorious on every occasion. He will be sure to receive a starting berth against QPR on Friday night as he looks to add to his growing tally.

Read more: http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=414696#ixzz3mk7LmyrW

WhiteJC

Under-18s' Norwich Trip

Fulham Under-18s will be looking to make it two wins on the spin on Saturday when they take on Norwich City at their Colney Training Centre.

Goals in either half from Dennis Adeniran and Stephen Humphrys saw off Arsenal in a 2-1 win last week, and Steve Wigley's boys will be keen to continue that momentum in Norfolk.

Norwich have just one win to their name so far this season and currently occupy 11th spot in the Barclays U18 Premier League. They lost their previous outing 2-0 at home to Leicester City.

In three meetings last season, Fulham won, lost and drew with the Canaries. Aaron Redford and Mattias Kait were on target in a 2-1 win at Colney in September, while the reverse fixture ended 1-1 with Tayo Edun grabbing the Whites' goal.

In the second phase of the league, though, Norwich earned a 3-0 victory on home soil in what was Fulham's penultimate match of the campaign.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/25/under-18s-norwich-trip?

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR: six key battles

Fulham and QPR meet in a west London derby at Craven Cottage tonight. Here are six potential battles we think could be crucial in determining which team comes out on top.

Moussa Dembele v Nedum Onuoha
Fulham youngster Dembele is still raw but is quick and unpredictable. Blackburn couldn't handle him in Fulham's last home league match and in that kind of form he'll test even the usually excellent QPR skipper.

Ross McCormack v Gabriele Angella
McCormack is an asset for Fulham, not just because of his goalscoring but also his work-rate, link-up play and clever movement. That asks constant questions of defenders in terms of their positioning and decision making, so Angella can expect a difficult night.

Matt Phillips v James Husband
Husband has impressed at left-back while on loan from Middlesbrough and is likely to have a key role for the Whites, who will need to contain Phillips. The wide-man's right-wing deliveries for Charlie Austin are all-important for QPR – cut that supply line and they sometimes find the going tough.

Tom Cairney v Paul Konchesky
The Whites have a useful right-sided outlet of their own in Cairney, who is expected to shake off a knock in time to play this evening. He is set to face veteran full-back Konchesky, who made more than 120 appearances for Fulham during a three-year spell at Craven Cottage.

Charlie Austin v Richard Stearman
Stearman, recently signed from Wolves, is another recent arrival to have started well for Fulham. Now he faces a major test in the shape of R's marksman Austin, who has scored seven goals already this season.

Jamie O'Hara v Alejandro Faurlin
This one has the makings of an absolutely crucial battle. Faurlin, hugely popular among QPR fans, looks the part when given time and space, and O'Hara, who has been excellent for Fulham this season, will want to make sure that does not happen and it's the hosts who control things in midfield.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/fulham-v-qpr-six-key-battles

WhiteJC

Queens Park Rangers Factfile

The rivalry continues at Craven Cottage on Friday evening as Queens Park Rangers make the three-mile journey to South-West London to take on Fulham.

The opposition

Rangers go into the game looking for their first away win over the Whites since January 1980, knowing that three points could take them as high as third in the Sky Bet Championship.

They've had a solid enough start to life back in England's second tier, bouncing back from an opening day defeat at Charlton Athletic to take 10 points from their subsequent meetings with Cardiff City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Rotherham United and Huddersfield Town.

Their form has stuttered a bit since, though, as they were beaten at home by Nottingham Forest, and only managed draws in their last two outings against Blackburn Rovers and Hull City.

Team news

QPR could give Leroy Fer a first run-out of the season after the Netherlands international came through the Under-21s' win over Crewe Alexandra on Tuesday unscathed following his recovery from a knee injury. Fellow midfielder Sandro could also feature having scored in that game. Yun Suk-Young remains sidelined, so expect former Fulham man Paul Konchesky to operate at left-back.

Tickets

Tickets will be available to purchase on the gate. Cash turnstiles will be available in the Hammersmith and Putney Ends, while tickets for the Johnny Haynes Stand can be bought directly from the Fulham Ticket Office. Prices start from £30 for adults and £20 for juniors.   

Weather

Friday should be dry throughout in SW6, with temperatures around 15 degrees come kick-off (7.45pm).

Coral match odds

Fulham: 7/4

Draw: 12/5

QPR: 13/8

Previous meeting

Fulham 3-2 Queens Park Rangers, 01.04.2013

Fulham looked to be on course for another comfortable win over our local rivals when a Dimitar Berbatov brace – the first from the penalty spot – and a Clint Hill own goal put us 3-0 up in the first half. Future Whites loanee Adel Taarabt pulled one back before the break, though, and after Mark Schwarzer saved a Loic Remy penalty, the French striker crashed one in off the bar to further reduce the deficit. Steve Sidwell was later sent off just to crank up the tension even more, but Fulham managed to hold on to take the points and the bragging rights.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/25/qpr-factfile?

WhiteJC

Ream Machine

"Was there a reason I was chosen to do the QPR programme?" Tim Ream asks with a raised eyebrow as we make our way to the Players' Lounge to conduct our chat.

Like any good defender, it seems nothing gets past him. His well-documented potential transfer to tonight's opponents certainly makes him an interesting subject for our main feature interview.

To anyone on the outside, it looked as though his move to Loftus Road was as good as done. Thankfully for Fulham, Rangers' bargaining proved futile, with the versatile Ream penning a four-year deal at Craven Cottage.

"It was close," Ream tells the official programme when asked how far he was from joining Queens Park Rangers. "A bid was accepted, we'd gone there and talked personal terms. And then a bid was accepted from Fulham and I was talking personal terms here. It was neck and neck the entire time, but then after having a few conversations with agents, my wife, people from the outside and players who've been here, it just kind of tipped the balance."

The decision to choose SW6 over W12 immediately made Ream a popular figure amongst his new fanbase, and he's well aware of the rivalry between the two sides going into this evening's West London derby.

"What are they, a little over three miles apart?" he asks knowingly. "You know there's a rivalry here, just from watching games in the past and seeing those teams battle it out in the Premier League. It's very obvious that there's a rivalry and my Twitter was absolutely blowing up when the decision was made to come here! It's one of those things that kind of adds to it.

"Every player wants the bragging rights, every club wants the bragging rights, so there's a little bit more pressure, a little bit more intensity with matches like this. Everything is ramped up that much more in a derby game, especially one of this calibre."

To read the full interview with Ream, get your hands on a copy of the new-look matchday programme against QPR on Friday.

Other highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 9am on Friday - are:

Chairman Shahid Khan on the progress being made in Fulham's new-look squad
Manager Kit Symons eyes another unbeaten run
Scott Parker laments his absence from a London derby under the lights
Tom Cairney answers some random questions in the Name Game
Former Rangers winger Andy Sinton recalls his stint at Loftus Road
Gary Peters remembers his three eventful spells in SW6
We continue to take a walk down memory lane to the 1998/99 promotion-winning season
Les Strong and Gentleman Jim pen their programme pages
And there's a host of new features including One Hit Wonders, First & Last, Back On This Day and Unseen FFC

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Or order it online from ProgrammeMaster.

For just £1.99, the programme is also available as a digital download with added video content from 9am on Friday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand or Pocketmags.

Or to ensure you don't miss a single copy of the official matchday programme, purchase an annual subscription. Head here for full details.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/25/ream-machine?

WhiteJC

Fulham vs QPR: Derby clash a stroll in the park for big-game hunter Massimo Luongo

Massimo Luongo enjoys the big stage, so it is little surprise he is relishing tonight's derby between Queens Park Rangers and Fulham.

Luongo helped Australia win the Asian Cup in January and was named player of the tournament after scoring against South Korea in the final.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who joined QPR from Swindon in the summer, is used to playing in front of 80,000 crowds for the Socceroos. A bumper crowd is expected at Craven Cottage and Luongo hopes Rangers will rise to the occasion.

Luongo said: "Any footballer who says he does not look forward to the big games is lying. I enjoy playing in front of big crowds. It spurs me on as a player.

"Derby games are massive and they are easy to get up for because you have the fans behind you. I am used to playing in high-pressure games for my country and knowing I can do it at that level under that sort of pressure gives me a lot of belief."

QPR have made a steady start following relegation, sitting just outside the  play-off places on goal difference, and Luongo (above) is targeting an instant return to the top flight.

"When I signed, people said it was a dangerous move because there was a risk the team would be under pressure if we did not start well," said Luongo. "But I have not felt that at all. We are not playing like a team looking down. We are looking to get promoted again."

Fulham are hoping to bounce back after their Capital One Cup defeat by Stoke and Kit Symons has stressed the importance of tonight's fixture to his players.

"I played in these games and they mean an awful lot to the fans," he said. "Both sets of supporters will be up for it. I aim to make sure it is Fulham fans who are shouting the loudest."

Leroy Fer could make his first appearance of the season for QPR after returning from a knee injury.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/rugby/fulham-vs-qpr-derby-clash-a-stroll-in-the-park-for-biggame-hunter-massimo-luongo-a2955826.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss will use QPR fans as 'positive energy' to claim bragging rights

Kit Symons unfazed by big Rs away support

QPR won't lack for support in tonight's big west London derby at Fulham.

Up to 6,000 in hoops will throng the Putney End - the season's biggest away contingent by a mile, and likely to stay that way until May.

It's a bit of an anomaly Whites are so generous with the away allocation.

Massive: Kit Symons say Fulham fans will make a difference

In fact, it stands at just under 25 percent of a full 25,000 gate, compared with the likes of Manchester United at just under four percent. Chelsea with a 41,600 capacity limits opposition support to 3,000.

But Fulham boss Kit Symons reckons his team will thrive on a massive crowd, even if the neighbours add to the swell in big numbers.

He said: "That's always been the case as far as I can remember, and we've had a fantastic home record even back to when I was playing here.

"You almost use that (away support) as a positive energy to get yourself going.

"I've got no problems with that at all. It's revenue for the football club. It's bums on seats if you like, and it keeps us in a job.

"I'd rather a full ground than not. It's down to us to make sure our fans get behind us, like they did against Stoke the other night, and stay with us because of our performance.

"Three sides of the ground will be buzzing and that's what we need."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-use-qpr-fans-10132033?