News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So where are all the Kit haters tonight?

Started by Wearethewhites, September 25, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Everything came together and the manager should take some credit.

But maybe the injuries to Parker, Betts, Grimmer Smith and now Richards has forced his hand when it comes to selection and we have found a team by accident.

Twig

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 26, 2015, 03:43:41 PM

But maybe the injuries to Parker, Betts, Grimmer Smith and now Richards has forced his hand when it comes to selection and we have found a team by accident.

Thank you Bill, there had to be one........

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 26, 2015, 02:54:49 AM
I am still walking around with a smile on my face. But as you all state, it will be interesting how we perform against Wolves in the next match. But this comprehensive victory tonight will surely give the lads plenty of confidence, and lift the dressing room, plus I am sure Kit Symons will sleep better tonight.
I reckon the performance showed how well Fulham have Recruited over the summer.
What I think we all would like to see on Tuesday v Wolves. Is a similiar performance, or/and 3 points. It will be a different kind of challenge, but this victory was not just a win, it was a route. 

:plus one:

Lets see how we get on against Wolves.
Great game last night tho.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

Beat Wolves and I will be counting the points separating us from a top six place, lose and I will again have an eye on the relegation zone.

But at this moment it does look as if Kit is cutting the mustard and we should all get behind him for the next match.

Logicalman

So he SHOULD get some credit, BUT, perhaps it was all a mistake and had nothing to do with him.

Why not just say he got it right DESPITE the fact he had such an injury list? There have been too few times that Kit has got it dead on, this game was one of them. So many people will slag him off for getting it wrong, and then claim he had nothing do with it when he gets a little success.

As I said before, those that hate Kit will never praise him, the same as those that only have rose-coloured glasses will never blame him.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

alexmur

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 25, 2015, 10:11:20 PM
We're still here, one good performance only papers over the cracks, but tonight, I'd like to personally say thank you Kit and the team for a wonderful display, especially against QPR, giving something back to the fans after such a fustrating period.

No talks of promotion from me, not getting excited, Kit has expressed that it's now starting to click, I expect to see the same agains Wolves.
very well said

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

leonffc

Not a hater but certainly not a believer. If we can put a run together playing like last night on a consistent level then I'll salute him.

davew

Quote from: nose on September 26, 2015, 11:59:40 AM
the issue of the manager is not one i wish to particularly discuss because it was a single brilliant performance from all concerned, including the manager. his tactics and substitutions were 100%.

the issue of the manager is more of a llong term thing. people have lost confidence over a reasonable period and as such it will inevitably take a while to win back that confidence. we all love kit, or i do, for his obvious love of the club and comitment, he is essentially 'one of us.' i want to believe but remain uneasy because it was just one game BUT the longest journey, as they say, starts with the first step. i genuinely hope that this is the first step. I hate it when the crowd have turned on him, he does not deserve that treatment, on the other hand he has made some avoidable errors.

I am willing and desperate to put the positive spin on it and three similar performances in the next three games.... i will be revising my predictions. i can even cope if it is after the mayor's ball against wolves (hope not) it is making sure that having found a winning formula, we stick with it!

let's leave this stuff now and just be pleased and optimistic, that was a genuinely class performance last night, best for many many months.
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Logicalman on September 26, 2015, 06:53:05 PM

So he SHOULD get some credit, BUT, perhaps it was all a mistake and had nothing to do with him.

Why not just say he got it right DESPITE the fact he had such an injury list? There have been too few times that Kit has got it dead on, this game was one of them. So many people will slag him off for getting it wrong, and then claim he had nothing do with it when he gets a little success.

As I said before, those that hate Kit will never praise him, the same as those that only have rose-coloured glasses will never blame him.

Hate's a strong word and generally over used, I hope your not including me in your comments about "those that hate"?

But you are right, he "should get some credit" but I thought I said that?

I'm not sure he did much differently.
Credit for picking the right team?  But it really picked itself with all the injuries.

BestOfBrede

Apparently, if you don't believe that Kit has the experience to take us that step further (he may get us promoted, but some are not certain of how he would fare in the premier), then we obviously 'hate' him?
Go figure!

Jonaldiniho 88

Last nights performance will have given kit a lot more games to get this squad playing consistently well. The kit "haters" should be off his back and I (who wanted him gone at the end of last season) am very happy to see myself proved wrong if this continues. Wether it does will be the making or breaking of Kit as a manager. The performance is of the ilk of how he got the youth teams playing and if that is the football we can expect from craven cottage a lot of us will be looking forward to games rather than hoping. Well done to kit and the team. Long may it continue. For those who thought there was a better man for the job, some may have been more likely to get us up but if we can do it under kit, none would have done it in the attractive style we saw last night.

mikestrand

The word hate can be used to belittle opposing opinion, we all want what we think is best for the club no more no less.

BestOfBrede

I don't hate Kit - I like him as a man with Fulham in his heart.
Do I think he is the right man to make us a solid premier team? Unfortunately I do not.
For people to say that makes me a 'Kit hater', is rediculous and completely unwarranted.

PokerMatt

I'm also someone who wanted him gone in the summer and have been critical of a number of areas of his management.

At the same time I've given him a lot of credit for our attacking play, and more recently the fight that has so often been lacking.

While we were lucky against Blackburn not to concede again, that was also where I saw us come together as a unit, there was some real fight to cling on to that win. Sheffield was awful defensively and I expect we'll see similar while we're working towards consistency. But as has been happening, we're playing better football for longer and this should only increase.

So while I'm not just yet eating humble pie, which some seem so keen for anyone with any doubts about kit to do, I sure hope I will be in another ten games time.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FPT

That was the football I saw his Under 21s play on a frequent basis, and that is the football that made me see him as a future Fulham manager even during the Martin Jol tenure. We've not had enough of those performances, but hopefully we saw everything click against QPR and the wheels can start moving forward, making that dominance and comfort a consistent feature of Fulham games.

NogoodBoyo

Watching England 25 v Wales 28 - the real thing.
Bogood "marvellingous, isit" Boyo

Logicalman

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 26, 2015, 10:01:36 PM
Apparently, if you don't believe that Kit has the experience to take us that step further (he may get us promoted, but some are not certain of how he would fare in the premier), then we obviously 'hate' him?
Go figure!

Not really, that's over-simplifying it too much.

It's not the fact of believing Kit is not the person who would be able to gain us promotion, or able to sustain us in the Prem, it's the fact that it is personal, without exhaustion, the constant jibes and disrespect.

Perfect point in case was the poster that decided the win against QPR had nothing to do with Kits choice of team or tactics, but purely down to the fact we are injury-hit and the team he picked was forced on him, and that was the reason for our performance.

As you said, Go Figure eh!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Twig

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 26, 2015, 10:01:36 PM
Go figure!

But that's just it.  Talk about moving the goal posts.  Not so long ago Kit was clueless, unintelligent, couldn't coach sh1t, tactically inept etc etc. He was going to take us down.  Now "he may get us promoted but some are not certain how he would fare in the prem".  Well if that is the extent of his limitations then I'll take my chances with him thanks very much.  Talk about damned with faint praise, such an indictment could apply to many of the managers in the Championship (and a fair few in the Prem).

YankeeJim

Kit certainly had a good day against the R's. We have new people and now, a new setup. It is working but always in coaching, it comes down to making adjustments when what you are doing doesn't work. Last season, we lacked the personal to adjust. Now we have thosr players. When the other Championship squads adjust to what we did against Rangers, THEN we'll see if Kit has the ability.
I have always been a Kit supporter but was knocked backward by that comment about maybe training on set pieces. I hope that was out of context or at least didn't come out like he wanted. He is a football coach not an MP so action not talking should be his forte.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: nose on September 26, 2015, 11:59:40 AM
the issue of the manager is not one i wish to particularly discuss because it was a single brilliant performance from all concerned, including the manager. his tactics and substitutions were 100%.

the issue of the manager is more of a llong term thing. people have lost confidence over a reasonable period and as such it will inevitably take a while to win back that confidence. we all love kit, or i do, for his obvious love of the club and comitment, he is essentially 'one of us.' i want to believe but remain uneasy because it was just one game BUT the longest journey, as they say, starts with the first step. i genuinely hope that this is the first step. I hate it when the crowd have turned on him, he does not deserve that treatment, on the other hand he has made some avoidable errors.

I am willing and desperate to put the positive spin on it and three similar performances in the next three games.... i will be revising my predictions. i can even cope if it is after the mayor's ball against wolves (hope not) it is making sure that having found a winning formula, we stick with it!

let's leave this stuff now and just be pleased and optimistic, that was a genuinely class performance last night, best for many many months.

Mr D.
I've been a 'mixed view' critic, but there are some very  stubborn folks on here.
I'm sure there are some who will, in the future be saying.................

"Kit out, there's no way he can keep us in the top half of the PS for a fourth year in a row
and he certainly won't win another cup in my lifetime"

In his defense, he's been saying for a long time that this is what he will deliver.
Good luck to the geezer and let's hope he can.
Hopefully the players now know what they, as a team, can produced and will want
lots more.

Have a video of the parade  around Fulham after the Europa Cup Final on a reel
at MP.  They should look at that and think "I want to be on the top one of those buses one day,
with the cast of FOF and TOOFIF waving at me"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES