watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou - get him back

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 08, 2015, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Baszab mitro has never said he doesn't want to play for FFC he said he wanted to play in the top division, his words not mine. He was also fit at the start of last season and FM told him to train with the youth team
Every day is a Fulham day

Nick Bateman

Without wishing to rehash this old debate but what Westcliff is saying is correct.  And I saw a very tigerish, committed and impressive Kostas Mitroglou in a PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY which made all the doubters wake up and smell the coffee (as the Americans like to say).

So why could he get his 'gander' up in a friendly and not in proper games???  The myth continues......

Furthermore, Fulham are one of the few clubs who feel we are so great, we can loan our star players out, like a big team might, as we did with Matt Smith, Kaca, Mitroglou, etc and yet, we are not so great as Kit Symons has proven!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Wimbledon_White

Does anyone else find Bateman quite funny?!

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 09, 2015, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: Twig on October 09, 2015, 03:37:46 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 09, 2015, 12:32:48 PM
Loaning out Mitroglou still makes no sense.  On financial grounds our multi-billionaire stay away owner can easily afford it and Fulham were well within FFP regulations.  There's been a myth spread around that he refused to play in the Championship; he only expressed a desire preferring PL football and as seen with Berahino (PL I know), reluctant players can be convinced to perform. 

It's called man-management!!  Perhaps Kit Symons doesn't have any of those attributes, is too lazy to bother or isn't imposing enough to get the best out of his squad?!

So now Kit is lazy is he?

I've given three alternatives; perhaps you have more reasons why he is unable to convince an allegedly reluctant individual to play for us and as he is under contract we have all the power we need to apply.

So why is he not wearing our colours instead of Benfica's under the reasons I've explained above??

Because he is genuinely reluctant, indeed unwilling?  Alleging that Kit is too lazy is hardly giving a reason.

Twig

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 10, 2015, 05:41:35 AM
Does anyone else find Bateman quite funny?!

Only in the sense of pantomime villain.  Look out he's behind you.......................

Tonywa

Quote from: westcliff white on October 09, 2015, 10:54:00 PM
Baszab mitro has never said he doesn't want to play for FFC he said he wanted to play in the top division, his words not mine. He was also fit at the start of last season and FM told him to train with the youth team

In fact I seem to remember one of the members here saw him in Stevenage Road after a game during the Mad Magath's tenure and asked him why he wasn't playing.  His response was 'I'm fit, so you had better ask the manager'.

Lighthouse

I really can't believe we are still debating this. The Greek was not played because he was usually not fit. When he was fit he didn't want to play for us in the Championship and so we didn't play him because we wanted to get some money back for him in transfer fees. Nobody wanted to pay for him, at least not close to a fee we wanted. So we had to send him out on loan.

Now what else is there to say? The club should have tied him to the bench and insisted he stay? He wasn't very good when he was with us because he was never fit. Now he is fit he doesn't want to play for us.

It was a panic buy in the first place and does nobody any credit.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

Lighthouse - well put - everyone at the club knew he wasn't making any effort at all - both in training or in practice matches - so what's the point in persevering with a person like that ?

Most people on this board seem to have a doctorate in Hindsight

filham

This is all crazy. If Mitroglou is half as good as we are now saying he is then he should be sold for a few million , the income used to buy a top notch championship striker prepared to play for us and we would all see immediate on the field benefits.

Surely it is that simple.

cmg

Always good to hear about our wandering Greek (striving, seeking, finding, not yielding?) and the entertaining opinions he always engenders.

Personally I think we are more likely to see Ronnie Rooke (died 1985) back in the Fulham no.9 shirt than Kostas, but that's just my opinion.

He has scored 3 goals ( 1 assist) in 6 league games for Benfica, one of the top teams in one of the least competitive leagues in Europe, not too bad but hardly earthshaking (his team mate, Jonas has 7 (2 assists)). All Benfica games are streamed and from what I have seen he seems happy and, so far, he seems popular with the crowd, but I have thought his form to be far from impressive.

Having accepted that the transfer, for both parties and for whatever reason, has turned out to be a mistake, I feel that Fulham have moved quite competently to mitigate the overall cost to us.

Unless I am mistaken (which is possible) the only re-season friendly Mitroglou sighting was the first half of the match against a Turkish outfit played somewhere in the Alps, to describe this cameo as 'tigerish' might be to invite a writ (or a mauling) from the National Union of Felines.

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on October 10, 2015, 11:34:32 AM
Always good to hear about our wandering Greek (striving, seeking, finding, not yielding?) and the entertaining opinions he always engenders.

Personally I think we are more likely to see Ronnie Rooke (died 1985) back in the Fulham no.9 shirt than Kostas, but that's just my opinion.

He has scored 3 goals ( 1 assist) in 6 league games for Benfica, one of the top teams in one of the least competitive leagues in Europe, not too bad but hardly earthshaking (his team mate, Jonas has 7 (2 assists)). All Benfica games are streamed and from what I have seen he seems happy and, so far, he seems popular with the crowd, but I have thought his form to be far from impressive.

Having accepted that the transfer, for both parties and for whatever reason, has turned out to be a mistake, I feel that Fulham have moved quite competently to mitigate the overall cost to us.

Unless I am mistaken (which is possible) the only re-season friendly Mitroglou sighting was the first half of the match against a Turkish outfit played somewhere in the Alps, to describe this cameo as 'tigerish' might be to invite a writ (or a mauling) from the National Union of Felines.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Quote from: cmg on October 10, 2015, 11:34:32 AM

The tigerish cameo was as a half way through second half sub at home to Palace in the last pre season friendly. This was the only time he was spotted being anything other than a strange bewildered stranger.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 10, 2015, 04:23:46 PM

The tigerish cameo was as a half way through second half sub at home to Palace in the last pre season friendly. This was the only time he was spotted being anything other than a strange bewildered stranger.

Ah yes. I fur-got about that 20 minute hail-and-farewell to his home ground.
Actually looked quite good - although perhaps not quite so good as to be in any danger from trigger happy Minnesota dentists..