watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Mitroglou Draft Document

Started by Greek, September 30, 2015, 09:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManOnTheBus

I have some experience of contracts, although not of this type.  I would say it strikes me as completely genuine (although clearly not executed).  For standard types of deals, a club will have a standard contract. In fact, all clubs will generally have similar documents.  You just fill in the blanks and/or leave out/put in clauses which may or may not feature. (So, not all loans will have an option to make permanent, and not all permanents will have sell-on clauses, etc.)

I assume Benfica "gazumped" sporting so paid more than 800k?  or were willing to pay more under an option to make permanent? But it could have been Mitro dictating where he wanted to go.

Greek

Quote from: nose on October 01, 2015, 01:26:34 PM
Quote from: Greek on October 01, 2015, 01:18:02 PM
I think that to assume that Fulham is a well run club and has actioned legal proceedings against those who realsed the document is an assumption that perhaps requires more faith than a Jihadist would have to display in a job interview for ISIS. This document has been circulating for a while. My hunch is that it was released by Sporting in some futile way to hurt Benfica or Fulham.

Now that it is in the public domain - for me it is a fascinating insight.  I stated in my first post it is not for everyone. I understand the UK culture of fans being happy not to be 'in the know.' This thread was simply for those who are curious about the inner workings of transfers and how clubs negotiate.

all of that is true, it is fascinating (I am only human and the confidentiality should be first not clause 24!!!) i was only concerned that whoever found and/or published it, understands what they have done.

With the greatest of respect to Fulham, I assume the person/persons who released this draft document are not currently losing any sleep.

http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/nacional/1a-liga/sporting/detalhe/mitroglou-a-pagar-ate-2018-977906.html

nose

Quote from: Greek on October 01, 2015, 01:44:24 PM
Quote from: nose on October 01, 2015, 01:26:34 PM
Quote from: Greek on October 01, 2015, 01:18:02 PM
I think that to assume that Fulham is a well run club and has actioned legal proceedings against those who realsed the document is an assumption that perhaps requires more faith than a Jihadist would have to display in a job interview for ISIS. This document has been circulating for a while. My hunch is that it was released by Sporting in some futile way to hurt Benfica or Fulham.

Now that it is in the public domain - for me it is a fascinating insight.  I stated in my first post it is not for everyone. I understand the UK culture of fans being happy not to be 'in the know.' This thread was simply for those who are curious about the inner workings of transfers and how clubs negotiate.

all of that is true, it is fascinating (I am only human and the confidentiality should be first not clause 24!!!) i was only concerned that whoever found and/or published it, understands what they have done.

With the greatest of respect to Fulham, I assume the person/persons who released this draft document are not currently losing any sleep.

http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/nacional/1a-liga/sporting/detalhe/mitroglou-a-pagar-ate-2018-977906.html

you are probably correct.

Forever Fulham

The public release of the document, given the timing of Kostas' signing with Benfica when it was assumed he would sign with Sporting, does at least suggest the motive was spite by someone within the Sporting org.  I think the guy is talented but fragile.  Like Sturridge.  Easily knocked out of commission.  I just remember how slow he was the few times he played for Fulham. 

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 01, 2015, 05:01:55 PM
The public release of the document, given the timing of Kostas' signing with Benfica when it was assumed he would sign with Sporting, does at least suggest the motive was spite by someone within the Sporting org.  I think the guy is talented but fragile.  Like Sturridge.  Easily knocked out of commission.  I just remember how slow he was the few times he played for Fulham. 
We never saw a fit Mitroglou though!

Woolly Mammoth

No we never saw a Fit Kostas, which begs the question, who at Fulham made the decision to buy a crock at an inflated price, cause it wasn't Rene.
Plus how did the player negotiate the medical. Or was it just the usual cough drop, and please stick your tongue out. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Think I'll just make a note of the bank account details.....
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 01, 2015, 08:44:35 PM
No we never saw a Fit Kostas, which begs the question, who at Fulham made the decision to buy a crock at an inflated price, cause it wasn't Rene.
Plus how did the player negotiate the medical. Or was it just the usual cough drop, and please stick your tongue out. 
Not in any way saying you are wrong but do we know for a fact that Rene was not involved?, only reason asking is because we have become quite good on this forum in throwring accusations without really being aware of all the facts.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

They should have these forms in Football Manager 2016
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

lomotd

A host of confidential Portuguese football club documents have been leaked. One of which is a draft which pertains to or very own Mr. Mitroglou: https://yadi.sk/i/t0bN64iZjPUty 

It's a contract for Sporting Lisbon to take him on loan. It's an interesting to read to see how these transfers are arranged between clubs. It is also presumably very similar to the one he signed with Benfica in the end.

If this deal went through, Sporting would have paid us €800,000 (£587,000) and Mitro's wages in full, with the option to make the transfer permanent for €7,000,000 (£5,140,000) and a 10% on profit sell-on fee. Would people be happy with this deal (assuming Benfica's is similar)?

Finally the document also has Fulham's bank account details so if anyone's feeling generous I'm sure the club would appreciate a few extra pounds in the coffers!  :005:

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: lomotd on October 07, 2015, 11:30:41 PM
A host of confidential Portuguese football club documents have been leaked. One of which is a draft which pertains to or very own Mr. Mitroglou: https://yadi.sk/i/t0bN64iZjPUty 

It's a contract for Sporting Lisbon to take him on loan. It's an interesting to read to see how these transfers are arranged between clubs. It is also presumably very similar to the one he signed with Benfica in the end.

If this deal went through, Sporting would have paid us €800,000 (£587,000) and Mitro's wages in full, with the option to make the transfer permanent for €7,000,000 (£5,140,000) and a 10% on profit sell-on fee. Would people be happy with this deal (assuming Benfica's is similar)?

Finally the document also has Fulham's bank account details so if anyone's feeling generous I'm sure the club would appreciate a few extra pounds in the coffers!  :005:

I'm gonna be withdrawing the £1000's they've cost me in therapy sessions over the years
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

Hmm, I'm not sure that's a good deal.

Now, I'm not convinced we paid the whole of Mitroglou fee (though couldn't guess to the break down). Though I also feel (and partially guessing) the Kasami to Olympiakos deal (€5m = £3.5m) cancelled out any money we did owe them following relegation, almost like the Greeks got the Swiss on a free. They can't have gotten any money for him scoring goals - he's not scored any, and he only played 3 times which surely didn't trigger any appearance clauses. We, according to Transfermarkt, received £3m from his loan back to Olympiakos last season - so if we guess that we paid £6m with the build up to £12m being based on staying up, appearances and goals. Pajtim Kasami's transfer cancelled out the staying up clause at the least, so we're presuming we've met £9.5m of the potential £12m fee. Plus the alleged loan fee hitting us up to the big £10m, my guessing would say we'd profit on the deal by £3m with anything on top down to the sell on fee. So potentially, not bad business (in our post relegation) whatsoever.

***DISCLAIMER: Very possibly/likely a load of bull...."***

valdeingruo

Greek posted this awhile back, it is a interesting look regardless.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

filham

This man is a ball and chain around the club's neck. The sooner we move him on for a reasonable fee the better.